Nat Geo Scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just noticed that "Nat Geo" channel on 91.0°W C-Band (3820V 30000SR) is now scrambled. Anyboddy else experiencing the same thing?:(

Nat Geo is gone but you can still watch their commercials on Nat Geo Wild. It's too bad, there were some decent shows.

With a little luck, it'll open up again in a while. They seem to cycle it ITC and then scrambled. Can't guess why.
:)

I KNOW why, and it has nothing to do with us. FOX is getting its affiliates new decoders, and not all affiliates had them. Now, since they threw the switch, means they all have them and are operational.

Sadly for us. :(

( and don't ask me how I know, either.) ;)

I know the FX channel on 91 is for Directv. Why? Because I see ads all the time for nat geo and it says "channel xxx on directv"

The FX master feeds pop on my TV, the PQ is the bees knees.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got a cband and haven't even put it up yet!

I was looking forward to this channel!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :river

There today...gone tomorrow. That is the reality of FTA. Don't ever count on having any individual channel for a specific period of time. They come and go like the wind. Nat Geo made the change at 4:25 pm yesterday as I was watching it when they flipped the switch. I have always advised people who absolutely have to get a certain channel to pony up the money for Directv or Dish. For me, this is a hobby and I don't spend all my time watching t.v. so if I get a channel or a sports feed then it's a bonus. If I don't......thats o.k. too.

IF it HAD to happen, this is as good a time an any, I am about to renew my Amateur License, downloaded the study guide, contacted the local ARRL chapter, waiting for them to let me know when the next tests are going to be given. Looks like I might be diverting my attention elsewhere (was WB6KOO, expired way too many years ago to even hope I can get that again, plus I have moved to a different State).

But DARN, I hate to lose this channel

Photto

I wouldn't hold my breath, waiting for it's return. Any channel is apt to come in, then go away.

Now you say that it's gone but when they went ITC nobody came and said they went Itc.So I didn't even know it was free if I know i would have watched it.Now I know but to late it's already gone.

From businesswire.com

LOS ANGELES--At Midnight, September 30, 2010, DISH Network wrote another chapter in its legendary history of irrational negotiations with television programmers by allowing the expiration of its carriage agreement to carry Fox’s 19 regional sports networks, FX, and National Geographic Channel. On October 31, the satellite operator’s agreement to carry Fox television stations also expires.

Based on Fox's own ads, DN dropped NatGeo.
So if Dish picks it up again, maybe it will be ITC.

Last edited:
Dish Network's loss of Nat Geo and other channels has absolutely nothing to do with this feed being scrambled. These same signals are also used by DirecTV and most, if not all Cablecos around the country. As Stogie said, all the receive sites have new decoders, so the feed can now be secured. I'm surprised it went on ITC for as long as it did, especially being a Fox product. (But my views of Rupert Murdoch and anything Fox are not needed here!) :eek: :rant:

IF it HAD to happen, this is as good a time an any, I am about to renew my Amateur License, downloaded the study guide, contacted the local ARRL chapter, waiting for them to let me know when the next tests are going to be given. Looks like I might be diverting my attention elsewhere (was WB6KOO, expired way too many years ago to even hope I can get that again, plus I have moved to a different State).

But DARN, I hate to lose this channel

Photto

Ham radio is a great hobby as is FTA. I divert my attention with different hobbies and interests ...another one being computers and Linux. I'm sorry to see this channel go from FTA, I do have Direct TV and can watch it there if need be.

It was a good interesting channel for FTA, maybe it will return someday. Right now is a great time for freedbs to get off the ground, especially with the Dish vs. Fox issues...people would be thrilled if they found out that there was another satellite service other than Dish or Direct...but I am getting off topic...

Enjoy ham radio...there are a number of us hams here on the forums. I been licensed since 1992 and extra class since 1993. And yes, for those that didn't know...we hams can also do TV as well as radio. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)