Nat Geo Scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got a cband and haven't even put it up yet!

I was looking forward to this channel!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :river

I'm in the same boat.I hope to have my7 1/2'er up this week-end but I'll need someone with a back hoe to lift it,or fab a crane.G'luck

Ham radio is a great hobby as is FTA...
...but I am getting off topic...

Enjoy ham radio...there are a number of us hams here on the forums. I been licensed since 1992 and extra class since 1993. And yes, for those that didn't know...we hams can also do TV as well as radio. :D
Ham operator here too! As Bill_KY said, there's a bunch of us hams here! :D

I wonder why so many people spend the money for satellite stuff for FTA when they also have subs to DTV or DN or DC2. Anyway, NatGeo was of some interest to me but I won't miss it. I have the bucks to get a DTV sub but I do subbing as a very last resort. When my savings on not-subbing don't "pay off" the BUD within a reasonable period of time or when I get too old to be able to put up a BUD, that's when I'll start subbing to DTV.

I didn't know people still use Ham radios.I was wondering that but I was thinking maybe because of internet people won't use it anymore.And getting a channel free and charging people to watch it?Hahaha IT HAPPENED ALREADY.There was a story a few years back about BVN tv from the Netherlands they carried it Charged people for it plus charge the channel itself for WANTING to be on DISHNET.On top of that they told BVN TV to scramble their free channel on satmex so it'll only be available on DIshnet.But they said no that's impossible because they are a free channel they can't scramble because a lot of people around the world watch bvn for free.Dish said ok you won't scramble well you're off the list!And they dropped BVN TV.I know you don't believe me you think I'm making this story up but BVN TV AIRED this on the're station to tell their viewers the reason why they can't be on dishnet.That's why I DON'T SUB.I'm Fta only now!!!

Looks like I might be diverting my attention elsewhere (was WB6KOO, expired way too many years ago to even hope I can get that again, plus I have moved to a different State).

Photto
That callsign isn't being used. All you need to do if you want the call again is when you pass the test just apply for a vanity callsign and request that call. It doesn't matter any more if you're a resident in 6 land or not....

That callsign isn't being used. All you need to do if you want the call again is when you pass the test just apply for a vanity callsign and request that call. It doesn't matter any more if you're a resident in 6 land or not....
WOW ! I read that vanity call signs were available, but then .... on CW, I was a "KOO K" at the end of transmissions. I'm not sure that "KOO Portable 6 ... K" would have quite the same resound, eh? :)

Thanks, AC, I am going to look into that this week.

Phottoette is going to be scheduling the test for both of us within the next three weeks, and I am looking forward to that. She is also former amateur from the same time era, possibly 20 years?

Photto

I wonder why so many people spend the money for satellite stuff for FTA when they also have subs to DTV or DN or DC2. Anyway, NatGeo was of some interest to me but I won't miss it. I have the bucks to get a DTV sub but I do subbing as a very last resort. When my savings on not-subbing don't "pay off" the BUD within a reasonable period of time or when I get too old to be able to put up a BUD, that's when I'll start subbing to DTV.

I have a BIG sub to DTV, largely because of my wife's entrancement with the dual DVR . She really likes it . :)
If I had my way I'd have a minimal sub , but add MLB extra innings in the summer, so I wouldn't miss any baseball. FTA is a hobby, more so than watching TV. Anything that I find on FTA that I want to watch looks better than the same thing on DTV. Playing with the hardware is more than half my pleasure.
:)

I have a BIG sub to DTV, largely because of my wife's entrancement with the dual DVR . She really likes it . :)
If I had my way I'd have a minimal sub , but add MLB extra innings in the summer, so I wouldn't miss any baseball. FTA is a hobby, more so than watching TV. Anything that I find on FTA that I want to watch looks better than the same thing on DTV. Playing with the hardware is more than half my pleasure.
:)
That's the case with me too!:D

Looks like they closed Fox News too. Also I need to reboot my box in the back once in a while because I don't get video , only audio on the CW's. Once I reboot everything comes back OK. I guess the natgeo/ FOX movement in gal17 is or will affected us.

Dishman Dan said:
Nat Geo and Fox News are still listed on Lyngsat!

I thought they kept things pretty much up to date. :confused:

"THEY" is "YOU". Lyngsat site is only updated because people like you and me email changes (selectively, of course) that we find.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)