National ADL ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I just came across some feedhorns I have had stashed in the barn the one I have a question about is the National ADL as its Brand new never been opened till now

Its rather different it has the set scaler ring which cant be adjusted as many of them did inside the scaler ring there is the C Band feed horn and beside that is the KU feed horn the dia of the ku hole is maybe 2 inches

There are two servo motors that are tied in to each other one for c band and one for KU which I have never seen with any ADL or any dual feed before usually the C and KU feeds come together in the one opening in the scaler ring only needing one servo motor

There is no Model Number and just wondering if anyone has ever used one and how good they are

I like it because its new never had any lnbs connected has a nice blue cover over the servos and wiring about the size of a fruit can

I have had similar National ADL but nothing like this
any ideas about it
I used Chapperral CoRotor for decades thinking maybe this national would give me something Extra better preformance ?
only thing i dont like is adjusting the focal point has to be done with adjusting bolts
Thanks

pictures, pictures, pictures...

I'd find someone who's willing to pay good money for a new-in-box item like that...
... and then go get a dual-band ortho feed.

thanks

I'd find someone who's willing to pay good money for a new-in-box item like that...
... and then go get a dual-band ortho feed.

That would be sweet but the Ortho run around $450 havent been able to find one used, over the last couple decades I have collected so much and this ADL I cant remember where i got it forgot i had it
I have used similar ADL and they are great but such a hassle to get them set up
this is the first one I had with Dual servos though
Chapperall Corotor 2 have always worked well, but have always wanted to try a ortho quad that would do away with the servo and these LNBs they sell that polarity is switch thru coax I never liked, just so cheap , so many swear by them I have swore at them:) but to each their own
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts