Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
People have mentioned using the "native" broadcast of the HD stations, and I know that the H20's go from 480p to 1080i, but all I've seen is that you have to specify what res you want, as opposed to letting it just broadcast in whatever it is being done in. How do you tell the box to automatically go to what the channel is being broadcast in?

Settings>Setup>Display>Preferences

Toggle Native to ON

And make sure you have "told" your box through the settings that your TV can support all of those resolutions.

Just going by memory here, but I think it's Settings>Setup>HDTV>Resolutions.

By the way, I've tried it and didn't really notice much (if any) difference, and it takes much longer when changing channels if you're going from one resolution to another, because your TV and the box have to switch over... just something to think about.

I have a 1080p Sammy DLP and a 720 Panny Plasma. On the Sammy, I get consideralby better pictures forcing all to 1080. Picture is especially poor if feed is 720.

On the Panny, I think the pictures seem to be better forcing all to 720p.

if you truly want it to pass native and your tv is capable of all resolutions, then set native to on and tv resolution to include 480p 720p, and 1080i. I believe that this will give the best picture quality as one conversion is more likely to be better than 2. The channel switch delay is meaningless to me as I select almost all of my channels from the guide and not by scrolling through the channels using channel up or down.

My Sanyo can only do 1080i and I have toggled back and forth between native on and off and really dont see much difference. Am I right in assuming that my tv just turns everything to 1080i regardless of whether the h20 outputs it in 720 or 1080?

well, it depends on how you have the h20 setup. if you have the only tv resolution set to 1080i, then the h20 will output 1080i to the tv regardless of the state of native.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts