Native on or off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bartlesville,OK
I know from reading this monitring this forum that turning off native resolution will speed up channel changes, but my question is what am I losing by turning it off. Will PQ suffer?

I have native on and my channel changes seem fine (HR24). I also tell the D* box that my TV is 1080i. It's only 720p, but I trust my TV to handle the conversion better than I trust the D* box (hey.... I'm NEW to D*. Trust has to be EARNED! hehehehe)

I prefer native off. Channel changes are much quicker, especially on the older boxes. I don't notice any difference in picture quality.

I haven't really played with this setting. I left it where my installer had it when he set it up. I noticed that for whatever reason, not sure if it's the native setting or one of the other ones around it... my TV automagically stretches SD. I thought it a bit odd at first, but I actually like it stretched better than I like the side bars.

In a nicer display, native on is probably better, but many things play in to that. The speed of the 24 is so good, Its not a big issue on or off. I send all my stuff thru a pre/pro, so I use native.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts