Native on or off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bartlesville,OK
I know from reading this monitring this forum that turning off native resolution will speed up channel changes, but my question is what am I losing by turning it off. Will PQ suffer?

I have native on and my channel changes seem fine (HR24). I also tell the D* box that my TV is 1080i. It's only 720p, but I trust my TV to handle the conversion better than I trust the D* box (hey.... I'm NEW to D*. Trust has to be EARNED! hehehehe)

I prefer native off. Channel changes are much quicker, especially on the older boxes. I don't notice any difference in picture quality.

I haven't really played with this setting. I left it where my installer had it when he set it up. I noticed that for whatever reason, not sure if it's the native setting or one of the other ones around it... my TV automagically stretches SD. I thought it a bit odd at first, but I actually like it stretched better than I like the side bars.

In a nicer display, native on is probably better, but many things play in to that. The speed of the 24 is so good, Its not a big issue on or off. I send all my stuff thru a pre/pro, so I use native.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)