NBA 2007-08 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WOW great trade Phoenix, way to compete against the Spurs. Lakers vs Spurs conference finals

I seriously did not understand that trade when they made it. These guys (Suns) were on the verge of beating SA last year, until Stern took the series away from them, with that ridiculous suspension of Stoudemire. Shaq's best days are a memory, and the Suns are left holding the bag for 40+ Million, and 2 more years.
Meanwhile my Pistons are sucking the playoffs up. Another team I can't figure out. They sure love making things tough for themselves.

...how did that collection of players (Knicks) become the highest paid team?

Last year, they had a payroll of $120,000,000 with ten players getting over $5 million a year, whereas the Celtics had only three players getting over $5 million: Pierce, Szerbiak and Ratliff. Previously, they had four when Vin Baker was still on the payroll.

Included in last year's Knicks total was $20,000,000 salary for Allen Houston, who had a career ending injury but whose salary stayed on the books.

I think what gets certain teams in trouble is that the way to get the best possible player when you are at the salary cap is to bid on the best, say, 34 year old player by using the mid-level exception (around $5.5 million) and topping the other bona fide offers by signing him up for five or six years, making the contract more valuable than a larger per year dollar amount for fewer years that another team might offer. The problem is that those contracts stay on the books even after the player has declined and is no longer useful.

The Atlanta Hawks FINALLY do something right for a change.

But will their fans and the city give a damn ala last year's Golden State Warriors?

Can someone tell me why the Cav's took 2 three-pointers while being up by 5 with 1.30 seconds to go in last night's game?! :confused: The Wiz were already beyond the foul limit and by driving to the lane would ensure a much better chance at scoring. Series is now 3-2. If the Cav's want to finish the Wiz, they will have another chance on Friday in Washington.....

Can someone tell me why the Cav's took 2 three-pointers while being up by 5 with 1.30 seconds to go in last night's game?! :confused: The Wiz were already beyond the foul limit and by driving to the lane would ensure a much better chance at scoring. Series is now 3-2. If the Cav's want to finish the Wiz, they will have another chance on Friday in Washington.....

Because Thats what they do, including Lebron sometime, I think they get a little lazy, or even a little showoff' and throw up a three.

The Cav's finished out the Wiz last night in convincing fashion and can now sit back and wait to see who their next opponent will be in round 2!

Who's it gonna be? The 37-45 Hawks or the 66-16 Celtics? I'm amazed at the troubles that the ATL is giving Boston. One thing's for sure is that the team that advances will be dog tired and softened up for my Cavs in the next round!

If the Hawks win Game 7 (and I am PRAYING they don't), then we might as well declare the Pistons conference champs.

Anyone remember my "I have a better chance of seeing Megan Fox than the Hawks do of knocking out the Celtics in round 1" line?

I have an awful feeling that I may have to give her a call.

I'm sticking to the prediction I made back in Dec/Jan on DBS Forums: Pistons over Lakers for the NBA Title. My Celtics are just too inconsistent to beat a very tough Pistons team (that's if the Celtics get by the Cavs).

I'm sticking to the prediction I made back in Dec/Jan on DBS Forums: Pistons over Lakers for the NBA Title. My Celtics are just too inconsistent to beat a very tough Pistons team (that's if the Celtics get by the Cavs).

Bill,

where have you been?

I haven't heard from you since before the NBA playoffs started.

I'm surprised you weren't around for the Celtics/Hawks series.

Bill,

where have you been?

I haven't heard from you since before the NBA playoffs started.

I'm surprised you weren't around for the Celtics/Hawks series.

Hey Sabres, what's up buddy? Yeah, my computer was acting up, but I'm back now. That Hawks/Celtics was very frustrating for a Celtics fan.

I agree with you on the Piston coming out on the East. However, I still believe it will be the Spurs on the West.

Spurs vs Lakers will go to game 7 (and a Spurs win of course ;)). It will be a fun series to watch.

On the East I believe that Detroit should easily win on 5 or 6 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts