NBA 2008-09 Season

MORE than 3.....

SA @ ATL .......is hugh because the Hawks are trying hard to lose their 4th spot to the HEAT.

MIAMI @ INDY .....The HEAT have a SIXTEEN GAME LOSING STREAK @ INDY and wanna keep pace with ATL.

And what about: [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=njn"]New Jersey Nets News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NBA - ESPN[/ame] at [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=cle"]Cleveland Cavaliers News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - NBA - ESPN[/ame] ?

Cleveland looks to improve their home record to 33-1.

MORE than 3.....

SA @ ATL .......is hugh because the Hawks are trying hard to lose their 4th spot to the HEAT.

MIAMI @ INDY .....The HEAT have a SIXTEEN GAME LOSING STREAK @ INDY and wanna keep pace with ATL.

yikes! I forgot about that. it be great to snap that nasty streak tonight.
I know what you're saying about the SA/AT game and for sure it's a huge deal. my comment meant more as highly entertaining games. The cleveland game I don't see the cavs losing that one. It might not even be that close of a game. could be wrong though......

And what about: New Jersey at Cleveland ?

Cleveland looks to improve their home record to 33-1.

The reason I didn't make it a big deal is because I was talking about the teams standing as far as playoff position.....Cleveland is set. The home record record and things like that is no big deal to me. IF they were to lose half of their games at home from here on end, they would more than likely STILL be the #1 or #2 seed in the East and maybe the entire NBA.

The reason I didn't make it a big deal is because I was talking about the teams standing as far as playoff position.....Cleveland is set. The home record record and things like that is no big deal to me. IF they were to lose half of their games at home from here on end, they would more than likely STILL be the #1 or #2 seed in the East and maybe the entire NBA.

Well, we still want home court in the East and possibly throughout. Just coasting into the playoffs isn't our goal.

Well, we still want home court in the East and possibly throughout. Just coasting into the playoffs isn't our goal.

See, this is where we differ. NOW is the time to start resting up some of those guys...take a few minutes off here, take another over there. Home court advantage is NICE, but not necessary.

...the ONLY GOAL is winning the championship....that is it. Everything else is frosting on the cake.

....as the BEST team in the last 20 years motto was, "I don't mean a thing if ya ain't got that ring....." Michael Jordan after the Bulls won their 72nd game in the '95-'96 season.

See, this is where we differ. NOW is the time to start resting up some of those guys...take a few minutes off here, take another over there. Home court advantage is NICE, but not necessary.

...the ONLY GOAL is winning the championship....that is it. Everything else is frosting on the cake.

....as the BEST team in the last 20 years motto was, "I don't mean a thing if ya ain't got that ring....." Michael Jordan after the Bulls won their 72nd game in the '95-'96 season.

i hear what you're saying and it makes sense but I rather have home court and very positive momentum on behalf of the starters going into the playoffs. besides the bulls had home court locked up most of the time no? and with a record like cleveland has at home, i'd say it's very important

Home court may not guarantee to the NBA Finals, but it sure dosn't hurt either. Any team competing for the Championship would love to have that advantage in their favor. Especially a team who has won 99.9% of their home games this year.

i hear what you're saying and it makes sense but I rather have home court and very positive momentum on behalf of the starters going into the playoffs. besides the bulls had home court locked up most of the time no? and with a record like cleveland has at home, i'd say it's very important

I say home court is VERY important IF you have a hard time winning on the road. Cleveland does not have that problem. Personally, I would much rather have a RESTED, HEALTHY team heading into the playoffs as a #2 or #3 seed than a team that drove hard to home court advantage throughout with LONG playoff series lumming and guys tired and with nagging injuries ANY DAY of the week!

I say home court is VERY important IF you have a hard time winning on the road. Cleveland does not have that problem. Personally, I would much rather have a RESTED, HEALTHY team heading into the playoffs as a #2 or #3 seed than a team that drove hard to home court advantage throughout with LONG playoff series lumming and guys tired and with nagging injuries ANY DAY of the week!

yeah that's always a risk. hopefully they'll be able to pull the plug at the right time to keep home field and rest the guys a little bit. by the way salsa, is wade 100% healthy or is he still a little nicked?

Chris Mannix, SI NBA writer, was just a guest on Boston Sports Radio WEEI. The main topic was NBA MVP.

Mannix said that LeBron has his vote......and it isn't even close in HIS eyes.

He also said that after talking to various writers across the country, he gets the feeling that LeBron will get about 50% of the votes. Kobe, D-Wade, CP3 and Howard will split the rest of the votes.

I can see your point to a certain extent, but I disagree.

Fist off, these Cavs have rested players all season simply due to a season long worth of injuries. Hopefully the players that missed time with injuries this year will benefit as they will be more rested come playoff time.

Secondly, LeBron and other starters have played a career low minutes this year due to a lot of blow-outs. Rest isn't an issue with this team.

Thirdly, this will be the Cavs 4th consecutive year in making the playoffs. These guys are well aware of how to pace themselves and be ready for the upcoming physicality of the playoffs.

Fourthly, we have the best home record in the land and have a chance to match the 1985-1986 Celtics in home court domination. This is a huge advantage, especially for a team that plays so well at home like the Cavs.

For instance, I really thought that if we had home court last year, we would've made it to the NBA Finals. Instead, we lost Game 7 of the 2nd round Eastern Conference playoffs against the Celtics in Boston. If that game were in Cleveland, I think we would've won. Give us home court this year and I will feel a lot more comfortable going against Boston, Orlando and Miami. A helluva lot more comfortable than if we didn't have home court that is.

And lastly, I would love to have home court advantage against the Lakers if both teams do the unthinkable and make it all the way to the Finals. These Lakers look immortal and the Cavs would need every advantage possible to beat them.

Chris Mannix, SI NBA writer, was just a guest on Boston Sports Radio WEEI. The main topic was NBA MVP.

Mannix said that LeBron has his vote......and it isn't even close in HIS eyes.

He also said that after talking to various writers across the country, he gets the feeling that LeBron will get about 50% of the votes. Kobe, D-Wade, CP3 and Howard will split the rest of the votes.

ANYTHING west of St. Louis will go to Kobe.....anything NORTH of Atlanta will go to Lebron and anything South of Atlanta and up to St. Louis will more than likely go to D-Wade with Dwight Howard CLOSE behind.

NO ONE can look ANYONE in the face and state that Lebron is the run away winner.

Where are you? I'm about to march down to sun drenched Florida, "look you in the face" and tell you like I've been doing for months about LeBron being the front runner for the league MVP! ;) :D

lol!!:D actually he's right next to me. what kind of message would you like me to give to my buddy salsa?

I can see your point to a certain extent, but I disagree.

Fist off, these Cavs have rested players all season simply due to a season long worth of injuries. Hopefully the players that missed time with injuries this year will benefit as they will be more rested come playoff time.

Secondly, LeBron and other starters have played a career low minutes this year due to a lot of blow-outs. Rest isn't an issue with this team.

Thirdly, this will be the Cavs 4th consecutive year in making the playoffs. These guys are well aware of how to pace themselves and be ready for the upcoming physicality of the playoffs.

Fourthly, we have the best home record in the land and have a chance to match the 1985-1986 Celtics in home court domination. This is a huge advantage, especially for a team that plays so well at home like the Cavs.

For instance, I really thought that if we had home court last year, we would've made it to the NBA Finals. Instead, we lost Game 7 of the 2nd round Eastern Conference playoffs against the Celtics in Boston. If that game were in Cleveland, I think we would've won. Give us home court this year and I will feel a lot more comfortable going against Boston, Orlando and Miami. A helluva lot more comfortable than if we didn't have home court that is.

And lastly, I would love to have home court advantage against the Lakers if both teams do the unthinkable and make it all the way to the Finals. These Lakers look immortal and the Cavs would need every advantage possible to beat them.

There's a lot to be said about sleeping in your own bed. One home loss all season? Hell yes, I want home court.

Where are you? I'm about to march down to sun drenched Florida, "look you in the face" and tell you like I've been doing for months about LeBron being the front runner for the league MVP! ;) :D

READ THE POST AGAIN....I have NO ISSUES with your claiming your case as the MVP front runner.....NONE!

But "RUNAWAY WINNER".....sorry, your on crack if you believe this one.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts