NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Bill, we've heard how Miami, Cleveland, and Orlando fans feel about their team's chances.

What is your early prognosis on the C's?

I'm picking the Celtics to raise banner #18 to the rafters.

IMO, THIS Celtics team is the best Celtic team ON PAPER since the vaunted '86 team!

Like I stated a couple of weeks ago, all four Boston teams are considered championship contenders, but IMO, it's the Celtics that have the best shot to win a championship.

They are locked and loaded for a serious run at #18............

So the East should win the title this year, I mean we have the two best teams in the history of the world.... ;)

Of course all that hype and both Celtics and Cavs know the Magic will win the east again.

Bill, we've heard how Miami, Cleveland, and Orlando fans feel about their team's chances.

What Heat fans have made predictions here? :confused: The HEAT did very little to improve as far as personnel is concerned. They are resting the laurels on 2 things:

1) That the very young core of players they had HAVE improved physically and mentally.

2) That AFTER the 2010 season is completed, they will land the big free agent.

This year, the HEAT will end up in the same playoff position as last year....a POSSIBLE 4 seed, but more than likely a 5 or a 6 seed.

And like I have said a BILLION times, it's ALL about match-ups in the playoffs. You can have a GREAT record, but match-up in a SERIES, is vital. Ask Dallas against Golden State...and ask Cleveland about Orlando.

And like I have said a BILLION times, it's ALL about match-ups in the playoffs. You can have a GREAT record, but match-up in a SERIES, is vital. Ask Dallas against Golden State...and ask Cleveland about Orlando.

I agree with this a billion times. :up

Sandra

On the cover of this weeks edition of Sports Illustrated? None other than two of the biggest stars in the NBA on the same team........

cavs-cover-226x300.jpg

DE-FENSE!

”The point the Cavaliers were trying to make Tuesday night was driven home at the expense of Matt Carroll. Early in the third quarter of the Cavs’ 96-66 preseason win over the Dallas Mavericks at the Peterson Events Center, Carroll found himself free on what he thought was a breakaway. He should have known by looking at the scoreboard that the Cavs had gotten serious about preparing for next week’s regular-season opener. But, instead, he had to learn it the hard way. As Carroll headed for the rim, LeBron James came soaring in from behind and slammed the ball off the backboard. Carroll did a belly flop on the court, the victim of James’ first “chase down” block of the season. By the time Carroll was back on his feet, Shaquille O’Neal was hanging on the rim at the other end after a dunk.”

:eek:

Sounds like my boys are just about ready for the start of the season! Less than a week away!!!! Let's get it on!!

Cleveland Cavaliers get serious, have no trouble with Dallas Mavericks | Cleveland Cavaliers - cleveland.com -

Woops. Further investigation reveals that this SI cover is a regional issue. Turns out there will also be covers featuring the Celtics and Lakers. I say this cancels out any sort of jinx. Nice try.

Looks like San Antonio/Miami in the finals!!! :D

Sandra

Woops. Further investigation reveals that this SI cover is a regional issue. Turns out there will also be covers featuring the Celtics and Lakers. I say this cancels out any sort of jinx. Nice try.

Yeah....that is for SI to cover their a$$ INCASE someone wants to blame the SI cover jinx for their team not making the playoffs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts