NBA Hot Stove Thread

Caught with there pants down? For Moon??!!:haha:haha:haha

Let's be serious here....the ONLY reason he started in Miami was because no one else was mentally and physically ready to assume the role.....period. On MOST teams, he maybe the 2nd guy off the bench. Let's not kid ourselves here....:rolleyes:;)

Moon is a lockdown defender, athletic as hell and 6'8" and has the ability to get to the rim. I like this dude A LOT!

I have a feeling your Heat will miss his presence if you don't match this offer.

Moon is a lockdown defender, athletic as hell and 6'8" and has the ability to get to the rim. I like this dude A LOT!

I have a feeling your Heat will miss his presence if you don't match this offer.

Moon did very little....like I said, there was no one better player at the time to play the position. He is listed at 6-8...but believe me when I tell you that he is just a tad above D.Wade's height and he is ONLY 6-4 or 6-5. I saw him enough to think he is a decent player. And let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves....he was barely here HALF a season....they weren't too attached...:rolleyes:;)

Hakim Warrick a Future Cavalier?!

According to a league source, the Cavs have a contract offer out to a forward and are hoping to get an answer within the next few days. That forward is believed to be Hakim Warrick, a 6-9 athletic big man who has played the past four seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies.

The team is believed to be offering its biannual exception, which would be just under $2 million for this season, plus a player option for the 2010-11 season.

I've always liked Hakim, ever since his days in Syracuse...

Cavaliers not done shopping; team reportedly offers contract to Grizzlies' Hakim Warrick - cleveland.com

ooohhhh. I like what I hear! I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one!

Like I said, Moon ONLY started because Beasley just was not ready to defensively assume the roll....other than that, Moon was a throw-in in the Jermaine O'Neal trade and would have gotten splinters on his a$$ sitting on the bench.

Ben Wallace Signs with...... DETROIT!

Free-agent center Ben Wallace agreed to terms with the Detroit Pistons on Friday, according to a league source.

The contract is for one year at the veteran's minimum of $1.3 million, according to sources.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4383906"]Source: Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons agree on one-year deal - ESPN[/ame]

Looks like the rumors of Iverson coming down to Miami persist. IF..and this is a HUGE IF, he is willing to take a off-the-bench roll and play about 27 minutes a game and sign for HALF of the exception...around $2.5 million for one year...hell yeah, why not?? The Heat do not have ANY big time points off the bench.

Celt's Re-Sign Big Baby for 2 More Years

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics are bringing back Glen "Big Baby" Davis, who agreed to a two-year deal that could pay $6 million.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4389149"]Boston Celtics re-sign free-agent power forward Glen 'Big Baby' Davis - ESPN[/ame]

Rubio Buyout Still Very Problematic

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Timberwolves president David Kahn said point guard Ricky Rubio's buyout situation is "still very problematic" and he remains unsure of when the fifth overall pick will come to the United States.

Rubio has two years remaining on his contract with DKV Joventut Badalona, his professional team in Spain, and has yet to be able to negotiate down a buyout number that is at least $6.6 million.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4390172"]Ricky Rubio buyout 'very problematic,' Minnesota Timberwolves say - ESPN[/ame]

Celt's Sign Free Agent- Sheldon Williams

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics have signed free agent center/forward Shelden Williams to a contract.

The 6-foot-9, 250-pound Williams was originally drafted by the Atlanta Hawks with the fifth overall pick in the 2006 draft.

The former Duke Blue Devil has posted career averages of 4.7 points and 4.2 rebounds in 14.7 minutes per game.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4385160"]Boston Celtics sign free agent forward/center Shelden Williams - ESPN[/ame]

Cavs Closing in on 2-Year Deal With Ex-Celtic Forward: Leon Powe!

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Thinking outside the box and taking a managed risk, the Cavaliers are close to scoring what could be a key big-man addition to their roster.

According to a source, the Cavs have the framework of a contract completed with free agent forward Leon Powe. It could become official as early as Tuesday, when Powe is expected to come to Cleveland to meet with team doctors.

Powe is in the middle of recovering from a torn ACL in his left knee and may not be able to return until the All-Star Break. But the Cavs feel like he's worth the wait.

Cleveland Cavaliers closing in on two-year deal with ex-Celtics forward Leon Powe - cleveland.com

ESPN Reporting Powe, Cavs Agree to 2 Year Deal...

ESPN’s Chris Sheridan, the Cavs’ have inked forward Leon Powe to a two-year contract.

A source told ESPN.com that Powe will sign for the league minimum for players with three years of service — $855,189. Cleveland will hold a team option for a second season at $915,852. Los Angeles, Portland, Dallas, Orlando and Miami also expressed interest in Powe.

What an absolute STEAL of a contract! Way to go Danny!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4392457"]Source: Cleveland Cavaliers, Leon Powe agree on two-year, $1.77M deal - ESPN[/ame]

IF his knee holds up well, I agree. Cleveland has taken out an "insurance policy" so to speak for the center position. Funny how the East as always been known to have very few big men...and Cleveland has 3 very formidable ones. :up

It's a nice risk. One that I'd be willing to take. His contract is basically the league minimum for a proven difference maker. Plus, the Cavs are in position to let Powe sit for 1/2 a year before they will really need his services.

While everyone else in the NBA is relaxing this offseason, it looks like Danny Ferry and Dan Gilbert are showing a certain someone they are doing everything in their power to make this team a winner. They are proving that they won't stop at trying to improve this team each and every way possible. Go Cavs!!

It's a nice risk. One that I'd be willing to take. His contract is basically the league minimum for a proven difference maker. Plus, the Cavs are in position to let Powe sit for 1/2 a year before they will really need his services.

While everyone else in the NBA is relaxing this offseason, it looks like Danny Ferry and Dan Gilbert are showing a certain someone they are doing everything in their power to make this team a winner. They are proving that they won't stop at trying to improve this team each and every way possible. Go Cavs!!

They have definately been the most busy of all the NBA teams AND they have made some smart choices in their signings. I think, and this just my opinion, this is not so much to KEEP a certain someone, but IF, by some small chance a certain some DOES leave, they alteast will have a good enough team to be competitve in possibly signing another big free agent....let's call it "plan b, and c and d"...which is a very smart plan/s.;)

They have definately been the most busy of all the NBA teams AND they have made some smart choices in their signings. I think, and this just my opinion, this is not so much to KEEP a certain someone, but IF, by some small chance a certain some DOES leave, they alteast will have a good enough team to be competitve in possibly signing another big free agent....let's call it "plan b, and c and d"...which is a very smart plan/s.;)

While that may be true, I am finally coming to terms that if that certain someone does leave for some odd reason (which I don't think will happen), but if he does, I won't feel bad about it because at least ownership is doing everything in their power that they could do to keep him here. If he leaves, there's not much I can second guess that could've been done differently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts