NBA Off-season notes/transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe Bryant & Dwight Howard will butt heads with each other just like Kobe did with Shaq. This is a big gamble for the Lakers not knowing how Howard's back surgery has turned out.

It depends HOW much Kobe will be willing to "give in". Kobe is a GREAT player that does not make anyone else better. He has deferred when he has had no choice...as opposed to Jordan who deferred because he trusted his teammates.

...that is why TO ME, Kobe could win another 5 more championships and he will NEVER be like Jordan.:rant:;)

hell i don't think the lakers can beat OKC in the west even with howard. i just don't see it.

To me, it will depend WHO OKC resigns. Harden or Ibaka. IF the entire team was back for OKC, I would agree. But they have some tough decisions about FA on their hands.

To me, it will depend WHO OKC resigns. Harden or Ibaka. IF the entire team was back for OKC, I would agree. But they have some tough decisions about FA on their hands.

good point salsa. but it is already written :D

i'll bet whatever you want. nash is just another player at the end of his career. lakers will not win the west. write it down with the date and time of this post :D
if i'm wrong i'll be the first to admit it but i'm usually right....:yes

I will use a Heat logo for a month if I lose and you will use a Lakers logo if you lose.

The Lakers are no better than they were 2 days ago. Bynum is already a better player than Howard and he isn't coming off back surgery.

Steve Nash is a lot older than both Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, but all I hear is how old those are, but the NBA controlled media(I'm looking at you ESPN) never says a peep about Nash's age.

Now because of the stupidity of the Lakers and Magic, the Sixers have improved themselves the most in this trade. Sixers are easily top 4 in the east now and have blown by the Knicks.

hopefully the sixers can sign bynum to max contract next year. and hopefully bynum's knees hold up. just because he had one good healthy season does not mean the rest will be that way.

I think this trade will make the Lakers better this year. Probably worse next year as age and injuries will take their toll.

The Lakers are no better than they were 2 days ago. Bynum is already a better player than Howard and he isn't coming off back surgery.

Steve Nash is a lot older than both Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, but all I hear is how old those are, but the NBA controlled media(I'm looking at you ESPN) never says a peep about Nash's age.

Now because of the stupidity of the Lakers and Magic, the Sixers have improved themselves the most in this trade. Sixers are easily top 4 in the east now and have blown by the Knicks.

Great points and something I was arguing by 'the water cooler' this morning. By sending the older and more expensive Iguaodola away, Evan Turner becomes a starter.

Yes, you lose a great 6th man in Turner...but you gained a top 3 center....and ALOT of money off the salary cap.

you read it here first. this trade will backfire for the lakers. anyone who has had back surgery for a herniated and fragmented disc in your lumbar spine (which controls your legs) knows what i am talking about. if howard is going to have a future in the nba, he needs to develop a game that doesn't exist on dunking. all that jumping will cripple him in a year or two. he'll be lucky to be in the league when he turns 30.

you read it here first. this trade will backfire for the lakers. anyone who has had back surgery for a herniated and fragmented disc in your lumbar spine (which controls your legs) knows what i am talking about. if howard is going to have a future in the nba, he needs to develop a game that doesn't exist on dunking. all that jumping will cripple him in a year or two. he'll be lucky to be in the league when he turns 30.

I have had those surgeries and they are not easy to recover from and I have been close to being crippled and still am and due to have my 7th Back Surgery soon and I have had 1 Neck Surgery :)

whitewolf8214 said:
I have had those surgeries and they are not easy to recover from and I have been close to being crippled and still am and due to have my 7th Back Surgery soon and I have had 1 Neck Surgery :)

Yes...but more than likely, you did not have the best surgeons and after care that Howard had.

Yes...but more than likely, you did not have the best surgeons and after care that Howard had.

True and the money also but he is 1 of the best doctors in this area and when you have that surgery it is hard to come back from and takes awhile recovering :)

True and the money also but he is 1 of the best doctors in this area and when you have that surgery it is hard to come back from and takes awhile recovering :)

They've already said on ESPN that Howard most likely will not be playing until at least a month into the 2012-2013 season. He'll miss pre-season & opening day. He sounds like a bigger health risk than Peyton Manning was for the Denver Broncos. I know that it's apples & oranges,but the Lakers are really gambling that he'll be able to play this season coming up.

looks like espn and nba tv, among others, are failing to mention orlando received a $17.8 million trade exception for the upcoming season. that is very significant because it is almost as much as howard's yearly salary.

i've never had back surgery but i have had major back issues for over 40 years. my entire thoracic spine is messed up along with most of my lumbar. it has left me crippled to the point that i have to use an electric wheelchair.

whitewolf8214 said:

Remember the round the clock those high-end athletes get that very few of us get...where cost is not an object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts