NBA Off-season notes/transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking more and more like Howard may be heading to the lakers. Laker fans here interested in a trade like that?

They need a better big man so why not.

nah, the magic will drag their feet and the lakers will resign bynum. orlando gets my vote for worst run sports organization. they have gone from bad to worse to ridiculous!!!

No way they are the worst. The Bengals are the worst by far.

Hart5150 said:
I might be in the minority on this but I think that trade would be a wash. Bynum is better offensively than Howard and Howard is probably a little better defender. If the Magic can swing that and get Bynum to an extension it's a win for them, because he is light years ahead of Lopez.

It would give the Lakers a bigger name, not sure if it makes them any better.

I agree. Kobe Bryant's gunner mentality, I personally think, has slowed Bynum's development as a premier center. Bynum's presences alone makes everyone better because of the forced double team. Kobe has extended his career because of the development...albeit slow, of Bynum.

A Boston station is reporting Opening Night will be Celtics-Heat on October 30th, as the Heat raise their championsip banner.

what the heck are the magic doing now? i believe they should be playing hard ball with howard but news they may not trade him until next year are mind blowing.

Lakers, Magic, Nuggets and 76ers in MAJOR talks for Howard right now.

Dwight Howard: Magic and Lakers Reportedly Involved in 4-Team Talks

I know that we have an NBA thread, but considering how major this would, I thought that this would merit it's own thread until it's a done deal or it is proved to be false.

The Dwight Howard saga has been ongoing for about a year in Orlando, but it appears as though the Magic may be taking steps toward ending it.

The Magic are discussing a four-team trade with the Los Angeles Lakers, Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers that would send Howard to L.A., as Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports.

UPDATE: Thursday, Aug. 9 at 1:25 p.m. ET by Mike Chiari

The rumored four-team deal between the Magic, Lakers, Nuggets and 76ers involving Howard has gotten a bit clearer. Wojnarowski is reporting that the teams are discussing what would certainly be a blockbuster trade if it were to come to frutition.

According to Wojnarowski, the deal would involve:

Lakers receiving Howard and Nuggets forward Al Harrington
Nuggets would get 76ers forward Andre Iguodala
Sixers would nab Lakers center Andrew Bynum
Magic would acquire both Nuggets guard Arron Afflalo and Lakers forward Pau Gasol.
It comes as somewhat of a surprise that the Magic would want Gasol rather than Bynum, but Wojnarowski believes that Gasol would be easier for Orlando to move in an additional deal and that Bynum's contract status may be scaring the Magic off. With that said, Wojnarowski believes that where Bynum and Gasol could end up isn't set in stone.

Lakers, Magic in blockbuster four-team trade talks to send Dwight Howard to L.A. - Yahoo! Sports

Good God, just trade this clown. It's getting really annoying.

I don't see how getting rid of both Bynum and Gasol for Howard makes the Lakers any better.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Good God, just trade this clown. It's getting really annoying.

I don't see how getting rid of both Bynum and Gasol for Howard makes the Lakers any better.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I would NEVER, EVER trade BOTH Gasol AND Bynum for Howard. Hell, I think Bynum is AS GOOD as Howard now!

i'm really SICK of hearing about this idiot........... salsa i agree. i wouldn't trade both. one or the other. probably bynum since out of those two he's the one that seems not to give a s#!+....

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.

Sources -- Dwight Howard-to-Los Angeles Lakers four-team deal complete - ESPN

Hahaha already hating and crap talking about Superman???
Cmon guys its only Basketball.

Miami still the team to beat with or without Howard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

hell i don't think the lakers can beat OKC in the west even with howard. i just don't see it.

hell i don't think the lakers can beat OKC in the west even with howard. i just don't see it.

Want to bet on that? They have Steve Nash too. That is more important than just Howard.

believe it or not, i predict howard will be whining again. he'll still be the third or fourth option on the lakers. but the most important thing no one is talking about, he just had back surgery. bad backs end nba careers, ask larry bird and or brad daugherty. from someone who has suffered back issues for over 40 years, there is no such thing as a minor back injury. he had a herniated disc that was surgically repaired. i would be willing to bet, he won't be as explosive. and for someone who lives or dies from dunking.........he's lucky if he can survive 2 or 3 more years without more complications.

Want to bet on that? They have Steve Nash too. That is more important than just Howard.

i'll bet whatever you want. nash is just another player at the end of his career. lakers will not win the west. write it down with the date and time of this post :D
if i'm wrong i'll be the first to admit it but i'm usually right....:yes

believe it or not, i predict howard will be whining again. he'll still be the third or fourth option on the lakers. but the most important thing no one is talking about, he just had back surgery. bad backs end nba careers, ask larry bird and or brad daugherty. from someone who has suffered back issues for over 40 years, there is no such thing as a minor back injury. he had a herniated disc that was surgically repaired. i would be willing to bet, he won't be as explosive. and for someone who lives or dies from dunking.........he's lucky if he can survive 2 or 3 more years without more complications.

perhaps the lakers will wait and see how the season works out before trying to convince howard on signing an extension. i would....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts