NBA Off-season notes/transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source, who is perfect so far as to the places NBA FA are going, states that a rumor out of Vegas swirling that LeBron had to leave Team USA practice due to a serious knee injury. He is trying to confirm and will keep me posted.

He thinks its a hoax... one can only hope.

My source, who is perfect so far as to the places NBA FA are going, states that a rumor out of Vegas swirling that LeBron had to leave Team USA practice due to a serious knee injury. He is trying to confirm and will keep me posted.

He thinks its a hoax... one can only hope.

This past strike shortened season has wrecked havoc on a lot of players. If it weren't for the Olympics,Lebron would be resting right now. I know Chris Paul is supposed to be injured(at least that's what I heard).

royrdsjr said:
This past strike shortened season has wrecked havoc on a lot of players. If it weren't for the Olympics,Lebron would be resting right now. I know Chris Paul is supposed to be injured(at least that's what I heard).

No one has confirmed yet...

No one has confirmed yet...

I think that you'll see a lot of blowback the start of next season of a lot of the Olympic's team players out with injuries because they didn't get the rest their bodies need right now. Hopefully it is just a hoax with Lebron,or maybe he tweaked something & they are exaggerating the extent of it.

royrdsjr said:
I think that you'll see a lot of blowback the start of next season of a lot of the Olympic's team players out with injuries because they didn't get the rest their bodies need right now. Hopefully it is just a hoax with Lebron,or maybe he tweaked something & they are exaggerating the extent of it.

Agreed

I think that you'll see a lot of blowback the start of next season of a lot of the Olympic's team players out with injuries because they didn't get the rest their bodies need right now. ...
With three guys from OKC on the Olympic team, I hope you're wrong. At least our guys are 23 years old or younger, so it may not be an issue.

Looks like Cleveland may help in the 3-way trade.

yahoo sports has the proposed trade and it looks horrible for the magic. sadly, the magic have created their own mess with a lot of help from howard. think the new gm is doing best he can with the cards he has been dealt. but it will take the magic years to become relevant again. they now have to rank as one of the worst run sports organizations.

With three guys from OKC on the Olympic team, I hope you're wrong. At least our guys are 23 years old or younger, so it may not be an issue.

With this past strike shortened season,which in itself knocked out a lot of players due to injuries,just ending,the Olympics could not have come at a worse time. One name that I remember from the past whose injury could have been contributed to playing in the Olympics before the start of the season was then rookie Danny Manning who blew out his ACL the season after the Seoul Olympics(of course,the the Seoul Olympics occurred in September the year it was held,whereas the London Olympics is occurring the last week of July,first week of August,so maybe the Olympic athletes can still get some R&R before the start of next season). When I mention the NBA stars playing in this years Olympics,I don't mean just Team USA. There are NBA stars playing for other nations also.

Ironic that Dan Gilbert is the same moron owner that filed a protest to the NBA league offices against Miami for tampering and the evils of the creation of 'super teams', protested the loudest against Chris Paul going to the Lakers...and now, if this deal gets done, it could not be completed...without the Cavs. LMAO!

Ironic that Dan Gilbert is the same moron owner that filed a protest to the NBA league offices against Miami for tampering and the evils of the creation of 'super teams', protested the loudest against Chris Paul going to the Lakers...and now, if this deal gets done, it could not be completed...without the Cavs. LMAO!

And dare I say help create another super power in Brooklyn, to help knock down his sworn enemy.... the Heat.

What a freakin' hypocrite!! :rolleyes: (if these reports are indeed correct)

BillD1984 said:
And dare I say help create another super power in Brooklyn, to help knock down his sworn enemy.... the Heat.

What a freakin' hypocrite!! :rolleyes: (if these reports are indeed correct)

Easy to find. Go to probasketball.com and do a search on the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers where he sent and email to the league office in protest. The tampering against the Heat was filed just after LeBron signed in Miami..with the protest came his cautionary rant about the building of super teams.

Easy to find. Go to probasketball.com and do a search on the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers where he sent and email to the league office in protest. The tampering against the Heat was filed just after LeBron signed in Miami..with the protest came his cautionary rant about the building of super teams.

No, I was referring to the Cavs alleged involvment in the latest Dwight Howard rumor. I knew about the Chris Paul/Lakers thing.

BillD1984 said:
No, I was referring to the Cavs alleged involvment in the latest Dwight Howard rumor. I knew about the Chris Paul/Lakers thing.

Apparently, they are no longer in the picture...and it's now the Bobcats.

if the magic get shelden williams in the howard trade, they should immediately sign his wife, former vols and current la sparks superstar candace parker. she can ball!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts