NBA Off-season notes/transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess, smart money is on the Knicks as the Heat's opening night/ring night/banner night opponent, IMHO.

It makes sense- the Celtics games will be saved for juicier timeslots, the Bulls are D-Rose less, the Nets would add some pizzazz but likely get run out of the building, and the Pacers are not "sexy" enough for a night of significance.

Heat add some height, depth and outside shooting in Richard Lewis...

Never knew he was that tall....

richard-lewis-sized.jpg

espn.com reporting howard deal to nets is dead. thank goodness. meanwhile, bleacher report is reporting a potential deal between the bulls, hawks and magic. atlanta gets howard and boozer. chicago gets bad contracts from orlando and orlando gets al horford, kyle korver, rip hamilton and first round draft picks from atlanta and chicago. bulls would get turkey glue, both the richardsons, glenn davis.

just trade the guy already.

iceturkee said:
espn.com reporting howard deal to nets is dead. thank goodness. meanwhile, bleacher report is reporting a potential deal between the bulls, hawks and magic. atlanta gets howard and boozer. chicago gets bad contracts from orlando and orlando gets al horford, kyle korver, rip hamilton and first round draft picks from atlanta and chicago. bulls would get turkey glue, both the richardsons, glenn davis.

just trade the guy already.

Reinsdorf would never allow it. He would never make trades to make trades.

For all the criticism LeBron got for his decision, it's looking like Dwight Howard is handling this way worse.

LeBron's Decision is looking like a genius idea compared to Dwight's Indecision.

Think about it- LeBron never said anything about wanting to leave Cleveland. All he did was decide on South Beach, not 'Get me out of Cleveland.' He really kept quiet up until The Decision.

Plus, he was never undermining Mike Brown the way Dwight did with SCG.

Dwight is doing worse than LBJ in my eyes- at least LeBron didn't waffle back and forth. Imagine if he kept delaying his decision.

For all the criticism LeBron got for his decision, it's looking like Dwight Howard is handling this way worse.

LeBron's Decision is looking like a genius idea compared to Dwight's Indecision.

Think about it- LeBron never said anything about wanting to leave Cleveland. All he did was decide on South Beach, not 'Get me out of Cleveland.' He really kept quiet up until The Decision.

Plus, he was never undermining Mike Brown the way Dwight did with SCG.

Dwight is doing worse than LBJ in my eyes- at least LeBron didn't waffle back and forth. Imagine if he kept delaying his decision.

hate to say it but you are correct.

Looks like Lin to Houston may happen. Knicks on verge of acquiring Raymond Felton via Sign and Trade. Which could put them out of Lin's offer. Lin would be $5M in 2012-13, $5.225M in 2013-14 and $14.898M in 2014-15 for the Knicks, but only $8.3M each season for the Rockets due to the Poison Pill. Knicks also declined to match Landry Fields offer sheet for 3yr 19M

read a story monday night that howard is threatening to sit the season if he isn't traded before opening night.

read a story monday night that howard is threatening to sit the season if he isn't traded before opening night.

Let him sit. Who knows if he has recovered from his back surgery & is back to pre-injury form? He's flushing his image down the toilet & ruining his marketability for endorsements with his sorry attitude. I don't remember Shaq acting like such an a$$ when he was with the magic,& Howard is making LeBron look like a Saint. Dwight Howard's image is worse than LeBron's in Cleveland now(or at least after he left to go to Miami) & the Oklahoma City Thunders' image in Seattle.

Let him sit then. He should have never agreed to stay and he would be a free agent right now.

looking more and more like Howard may be heading to the lakers. Laker fans here interested in a trade like that?

looking more and more like Howard may be heading to the lakers. Laker fans here interested in a trade like that?

nah, the magic will drag their feet and the lakers will resign bynum. orlando gets my vote for worst run sports organization. they have gone from bad to worse to ridiculous!!!

I might be in the minority on this but I think that trade would be a wash. Bynum is better offensively than Howard and Howard is probably a little better defender. If the Magic can swing that and get Bynum to an extension it's a win for them, because he is light years ahead of Lopez.

It would give the Lakers a bigger name, not sure if it makes them any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts