NBA Off-season notes/transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source, good buddy and former lead in for Bulls coverage during their heyday, is on fire! He gave me Deron staying with the Nets, gave me Nash to the Lakers..he gave me Allen to the Heat(waiting for that one).

What does he say about Dwight Howard?

Funny... I have YET to ask. BUT on that same subject, do NOT be surprise if talks start AGAIN with the Lakers. As much as what Brooklyn is offering, the 3 CURRENT player they are willing to give up(Lopez, Humphries, Brooks) and 3 #1s... I would STILL take Gasol and Bynum for Howard.

still not enough to beat OKC.

Do NOT underestimate the deal the Thunder made yesterday below the radar...former #2 overall pick from UConn, Hasheem Thabeet. This 7-3 kid can play some SERIOUS defense. AND he is an insurance policy incase restricted FA Serge Ibaka goes somewhere else. The likely scenario is they cannot afford BOTH Ibaka and James Harden. With this signing, they can concentrate on signing Harden to a long term deal and let go of Ibaka if push came to shove.

Funny... I have YET to ask. BUT on that same subject, do NOT be surprise if talks start AGAIN with the Lakers. As much as what Brooklyn is offering, the 3 CURRENT player they are willing to give up(Lopez, Humphries, Brooks) and 3 #1s... I would STILL take Gasol and Bynum for Howard.

So would I :)

salsadancer7 said:

Lakers aren't going to include Gasol, of anything it will be Bynum+MWP

Sent from my iPhone

Lkr said:
Lakers aren't going to include Gasol, of anything it will be Bynum+MWP

Sent from my iPhone

Then the Lakers will not get him from Orlando. Lakers cannot afford giving up anymore draft picks and the league more than likely block anymore trades that would include draft picks.

Then the Lakers will not get him from Orlando. Lakers cannot afford giving up anymore draft picks and the league more than likely block anymore trades that would include draft picks.
You do realize that the Magic can't do Dwight for Pau/Bynum, right?

what am i missing here???? what's not "legal" about a trade like that? it was wrong last season and i can't imagine the NBA would do this again to the lakers......

As I understand it, there is a league rule against a team trading away its first round draft picks in successive years. This came about when Cleveland made their franchise's future value negligible by doing so in the 1980s. I think the league had to create an additional first round draft pick just to get someone to buy the team back then. Given that the Lakers are a successful franchise that is committed to winning both in the short run and the long run, I see no reason for the Commissioner to attempt to insinuate himself into their busines.

You do realize that the Magic can't do Dwight for Pau/Bynum, right?

Why not? I think that when teams are over the cap, they can trade a signed player for any other player or players as long as their combined salaries are within 30% of each other.

Last edited:
what am i missing here???? what's not "legal" about a trade like that? it was wrong last season and i can't imagine the NBA would do this again to the lakers......

Some sorta rule with not allowing trading picks in such a pattern year wise. They would need a 3rd team to get picks to Orlando, while Pau would go that team. Bynum and Pau would put them over Orlando's cap, Dwight makes 19.5M, Pau makes 19M and Bynum $16.899M. It would need to be Bynum and picks(from a 3rd team), with Pau to some 3rd team, maybe Houston as they wanted Pau in december.

I am wondering what the over-and-under is on how long it will be before Kobe is bitching about not getting his 30 shots now that they FINALLY have a real PG that knows how distribute the ball. It will expose Kobe as the ball hogging gunner he has always been.

Sorry to the Lakers fans.

I am wondering what the over-and-under is on how long it will be before Kobe is bitching about not getting his 30 shots now that they FINALLY have a real PG that knows how distracting the ball. It will expose Kobe as the ball hogging gunner he has always been.

Sorry to the Lakers fans.

+1 I give it a few months :D :)

My source says Jason Kidd will NOT resign with Dallas and go to the NY Knicks... hmmmm

I could see that Dallas is on the downturn whereas the Knicks are up on the upswing and KIdd wants championship but Knicks are a few years from winning them imo

whitewolf8214 said:
I could see that Dallas is on the downturn whereas the Knicks are up on the upswing and KIdd wants championship but Knicks are a few years from winning them imo

Amare and 'Melo ain't working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts