NBA Off Season

That's what it seems like. I will say this and I don't know if this has any effect on his choice, and I'm sure Rey and Salsa would disagree, but going back to Cleveland would instantly turn him back in to a "Good Guy" beloved athlete and be the better story.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Especially if he can get Carmelo to follow him. LeBron,Carmelo,& Kyrie sounds a lot better than LeBron,Dwayne,& Chris [Bosh]. If LeBron does go to Cleveland,them Miami SHOULD go after Luol Deny. He won't replace LeBron,but he could overall help strengthen the Heat beyond just 3 players & a suspect supporting cast that they have had in the past.

I sense Cavs fans hopes are getting bigger... bigger hopes = bigger disappointment.

I remember in 2010 a journalist asked MJ if back in the day if he would ever sign up w/ Magic, Bird etc..he replied NO because
he wanted to beat them.

So whats more important..legacy or championships?

Had in 2010 Lebron stayed in Cleveland and won...it would have cemented his legacy as one of the greats. But right now, he's just a very very good player who cant win on his own.

If he signs with Cleveland and wins... I'll eat my words.. but it aint gonna happen.

That's what it seems like. I will say this and I don't know if this has any effect on his choice, and I'm sure Rey and Salsa would disagree, but going back to Cleveland would instantly turn him back in to a "Good Guy" beloved athlete and be the better story.

YES It's the better story but I disagree on the part of "better guy". The man has done nothing wrong and no matter what he does now, the criticism he receives will not change. People will say he ditched Miami after losing in the last trip to the finals. The guy can't win with some of the public and honestly he shouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: salsadancer7
I sense Cavs fans hopes are getting bigger... bigger hopes = bigger disappointment.

I remember in 2010 a journalist asked MJ if back in the day if he would ever sign up w/ Magic, Bird etc..he replied NO because
he wanted to beat them.

Had in 2010 Lebron stayed in Cleveland and won...it would have cemented his legacy as one of the greats. But right now, he's just a very very good player who cant win on his own.

If he signs with Cleveland and wins... I'll eat my words.. but it aint gonna happen.
NO one wins on their own, not even JORDAN. That argument is ridiculous my friend. I know you have a dislike for lebron but emotion aside, no one guy can do it on their own. Not even the best ever to play in the NBA, MJ.

Reactions: salsadancer7
NO one wins on their own, not even JORDAN. That argument is ridiculous my friend. I know you have a dislike for lebron but emotion aside, no one guy can do it on their own. Not even the best ever to play in the NBA, MJ.
Moses Malone ALMOST did it with the Houston Rockets,but the Larry Bird led Boston Celtics stopped him. To be honest I cannot think of any other Houston player on that team except maybe Robert Reid. It seemed like it was the Boston Celtics versus Moses Malone,not the Boston Celtics versus the Houston Rockets.

I'm seeing a lot of bad over paid contracts that teams will regret in the future.....

This is why I am glad they
Especially if he can get Carmelo to follow him. LeBron,Carmelo,& Kyrie sounds a lot better than LeBron,Dwayne,& Chris [Bosh]. If LeBron does go to Cleveland,them Miami SHOULD go after Luol Deny. He won't replace LeBron,but he could overall help strengthen the Heat beyond just 3 players & a suspect supporting cast that they have had in the past.

They only have room for ONE max contract after today's trade...about 25 million. It's Lebron or nothing.

he wanted to beat them.

In MY OPINION, he cannot say that because he was never given a chance to be a free agent.....which was smart on the Bulls part. And without Pippen, he would have never one those championships.

Point taken.. I should've elaborate a bit though. There's a different, IMO, in building/drafting a championship caliber team as opposed to signing one.
With today's economics of the sport, building one might be over with once San Antonio's core players retires. IIRC, the Bulls, San Antonio and Detroit were the teams to actually build a winner.

BTW, you too are a bit gun ho over the Heat... where are you two from....Florida? :nana

I just hope the fans down here behave and don't pull a Cleveland. When he leaves, understand, remember the great 4 years with the guy and have some class.

When Lebrun bolts...the Heat should just abandon ship and rebuilt through the draft. You're not going to improve when you constantly have the last or second last pick per round

At this point I do believe now he's gone and to me that would be more of a family/friends decision, not a championship/business decision by LBJ himself. The way the cavs and their fans are behaving at the moment he probably has to go back now. Lebron hasn't said anything but the cavs are getting information from someone besides his agent, someone that must be close to the guy who is saying "he" wants to return to cleveland. To not go there now would be truly f'ed up.

I will say that if he goes back now and never wins a championship there, he will regret this day forever. Assuming he's not content with 2 rings. If he is then the idea of playing where his wife wants to be and where his family and friends are would be the logical choice, to him anyway.

Whatever it is he needs to decide today so everyone can move on.

Just read the Cavs have a deal to trade their #1 pick Wiggins to Minny for Love *IF* Lebrons signs w/ the Cavs.
Cap and potential upside, I think this is a mistake going for gold now b/c keeping Wiggins gives them more cap flexibility and I believe he'll be a better player than Love down the road.

Point taken.. I should've elaborate a bit though. There's a different, IMO, in building/drafting a championship caliber team as opposed to signing one.
With today's economics of the sport, building one might be over with once San Antonio's core players retires. IIRC, the Bulls, San Antonio and Detroit were the teams to actually build a winner.

BTW, you too are a bit gun ho over the Heat... where are you two from....Florida? :nana

The Bulls CORE players, MJ, Pippen, Grant BJ Armstrong, Stacy King were in by draft...there rest, free agents and trades. You REALLY do not know the Bulls roster that well. Look at the Piston's roster as well. The core, Isiah, Lambeer, Sally, Dumars, Rodman was by way of drafts...the rest free agents and drafts. MOST winning teams are successful using ALL means. MOST means used is by way of trades and free agents.

Just read the Cavs have a deal to trade their #1 pick Wiggins to Minny for Love *IF* Lebrons signs w/ the Cavs.
Cap and potential upside, I think this is a mistake going for gold now b/c keeping Wiggins gives them more cap flexibility and I believe he'll be a better player than Love down the road.

To me, Love is just Bosh with better rebounding. IF this were to happen, you WILL see similar numbers to Bosh because Love will no longer be the #1 option and he will drop down to the #3 option behind Lebron and Kyrie.

I don't know if Lebron sees it that way. Every year now is crucial IF he's truly chasing Jordans 6 rings. With a player like James you will be forced to get pieces for winning now and not 3-4 years down the road. That's why he came down here in the first place.

Let me add that I don't see James winning another championship there anytime soon. With James you'll obviously have that shot but the rest of the team isn't there yet. Not unless they swap out some pieces for experienced ones. That organization is nowhere near as stable as the Miami Heat are and have been for a long time. So a few things there need to change if he plans to win at least 4 more championships with the cavaliers and catch Jordan.

Let me add that I don't see James winning another championship there anytime soon. With James you'll obviously have that shot but the rest of the team isn't there yet. Not unless they swap out some pieces for experienced ones. That organization is nowhere near as stable as the Miami Heat are and have been for a long time. So a few things there need to change if he plans to win at least 4 more championships with the cavaliers and catch Jordan.

And with NO EXPERIENCE in the head coach and NO ONE of playoffs experience in the front office to handled what it takes to win that the championship level... IF he leaves, it would be the OLD Cleveland Cavs part deux....

I don't know if Lebron sees it that way. Every year now is crucial IF he's truly chasing Jordans 6 rings. With a player like James you will be forced to get pieces for winning now and not 3-4 years down the road. That's why he came down here in the first place.

If this is his thinking, I have a problem with that.. Jordan will never be replaced, beaten or emulated. James should just focus on being the best he can be without trying to beat the greatest of all time IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)