NBC 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I watch NBC most of the time on 103 Ku. If/when NBC moves over to the new 103, will they be on both satellites for some time or will it be an instant change over?

Typically it is an invisible transition to the viewer. The satellite operator will transition one transponder at a time and shuts down the legacy transponder and starts up the new transponder.

There is no receiver changes or reprogramming necessary.

Yep should be seamless, just the crazy skew gone. YAY!!! :)

Reactions: Lone Gunman
I have mine on the PrimeStar with a "bad" motor. Stays in one place. Not too bad when it rains but going to move it over to the prodlin with hope the rain will cause a little less a problem. With a new satellite I would think "more power" coming down. Not sure yet what I will stick the PS at after the change.

I wouldn't expect any significant change in the signal strength or quality within the primary footprint. Services lease transponders under a contract called a link budget. The link budget specifies the signal power levels at the downlink. If the satellite operator notes an increase in power, they contact the uplink and instruct them to reduce power to remain within the contracted parameter.

I do expect that there will be changes in the footprint. The new satellite has a different antenna design.

Typically it is an invisible transition to the viewer. The satellite operator will transition one transponder at a time and shuts down the legacy transponder and starts up the new transponder.

There is no receiver changes or reprogramming necessary.

Always wondered how they did that, makes sense, thanks. :thumbup

Hoping to move ku onto the current 103 C-band dish, freeing up the 1.2 m current "cozi" dish for other things.....not sure what...maybe the infamous "minibud" fun others have played with.

Reactions: danristheman
Is there anything on SES3 that can be received at this time? I would like to have the larger dish with a motor all set up on new 103 for when NBC goes dark on old 103.

Not that I know of on Ku.

Thanks. If the big green rain gob on radar coming my way goes away, I will check that out.
Now that KE4EST post popped up while I was typing, I needed to edit. Brain dead here. I should have seen that 4140 sure was not Ku. Bummer.

Thanks. If the big green rain gob on radar coming my way goes away, I will check that out.
Now that KE4EST post popped up while I was typing, I needed to edit. Brain dead here. I should have seen that 4140 sure was not Ku. Bummer.
Saw "I would like to have the larger dish with a motor all set up" and assumed c band. :sorry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)