NBC 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Having a hard time in getting the Cozi Channel, what is the now recommended Skew for this satellite?. The signal is bouncing between 50% and 70% but the beach channels are the only ones coming in and nothing else.

Off subject, what is the new format to send and download pictures to the forum.

Thanks

Having a hard time in getting the Cozi Channel, what is the now recommended Skew for this satellite?. The signal is bouncing between 50% and 70% but the beach channels are the only ones coming in and nothing else.
The skew is now normal for what the skew should be for where you live just like the other birds now. :)
www.dishpointer.com and enter your address, and then select 103W and it will tell you the proper skew for your area at the bottom.

Off subject, what is the new format to send and download pictures to the forum.
Right next to the [Post Reply] button you will see [Upload a File]. Click that and then upload your jpeg.

The beach cams are still analog while all the other programming is S2 which requires a stronger signal for a lock. Having said that, COZI is harder to lock onto than the other HD NBC channels. I had to tweak my dish for the S2 channels even though the Beach Cams where Q75.

I think analog and old dvb-s are put into speaking as both old camera's might attest to being based on analog terminations. I also think the old tp's; or "satellite" that once took up the space at 103 W are also still there; just like they used to be; and the newness of the space 103 W and the newly named SES 3 (same Company) is typed to be right there with the old ones. The name W1; WX; AMC 1; etc. is all that is missing. Am I right or wrong; as the tp's that were skewed; are still skewered off still working?; or that they will all be skewered correctly once arced as geosynchronous smoh'es (pronounced sm-oh)?

Hybrid is Hughes way of working spaces these days.

I think analog and old dvb-s are put into speaking as both old camera's might attest to being based on analog terminations. I also think the old tp's; or "satellite" that once took up the space at 103 W are also still there; just like they used to be; and the newness of the space 103 W and the newly named SES 3 (same Company) is typed to be right there with the old ones. The name W1; WX; AMC 1; etc. is all that is missing. Am I right or wrong; as the tp's that were skewed; are still skewered off still working?; or that they will all be skewered correctly once arced as geosynchronous smoh'es (pronounced sm-oh)?

Huh?

Richyrich are you from N America its kind of hard to understand what your talking about sometimes I have the same problems understanding your posts? I am not being mean just wondering like others on here?

The AMC1 satellite (which has the oddly-skewed Ku transponders) is still in orbit at 103W, but has been operationally replaced by the SES3 satellite, also in orbit at 103W and which has normally-skewed Ku transponders. So yes, they're still there, they still work but they are turned off right now. If AMC1 is moved to another orbital slot for use its Ku transponders will still be oddly-skewed as it's a physical condition of that particular satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)