NBC,ABC, & Fox in HD?

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
I just had a second dish installed to receive CBSHD from NY. Our local stations have no problems giving wavers for HD since they are not upgrading for atleast 2 or 3 years. So does anyone know if E* is working on getting NY and L.A. High Def feeds of NBC,ABC, and Fox just like their CBS feed? D* already offers all three but I don't want to jump ship at this time. :D

Wiggin78 said:
I just had a second dish installed to receive CBSHD from NY. Our local stations have no problems giving wavers for HD since they are not upgrading for atleast 2 or 3 years. So does anyone know if E* is working on getting NY and L.A. High Def feeds of NBC,ABC, and Fox just like their CBS feed? D* already offers all three but I don't want to jump ship at this time. :D
I was told in January they were working on it. FWIW.

Well, according to cheap charlie, "there's no more compelling HD content out there worth adding", so I would take it that you AIN'T gonna be seeing them on E* for a while... ;) ;)

they said no more hd until mpeg 4, but there was a rumor they where working on getting them up. i don't believe it and won't until they are up and running.

What is with DISH not getting rights to the HD broadcasts of the locals? Apparently my local cable company COX is not feeding the HD of most stations just not the WB and UPN which they say they are working on. I am thinking it is time to ditch DISH when they can't even provide all the programming broadcast by the locals - is it that DISH is international and so cares more about programming on a worldwide basis (all I see is the addition of more cruddy international, informercial/shopping channels)! I am going to have my cable company hook-up for their $49 install fee (no commitment) and see how their picture looks on my 65" (all my neighbors say the SD on their TVs looks clear) and if I get as good as DISH I am gone - no reason to stay if they are not going to get off their butts and at least provide what is available in HD on the major networks! (I would go with OTA but it does not work for me).

C'Mon Charlie, I know the bulk of your subscribers are now the 301 owners who bought them at Walmart, Costco, Radio Shack, etc., but at LEAST TRY and show like you care about us early adopters as well or you will forever be Baltic Ave. to D*'s Park Place......

What percentage of HD pack subscribers will qualify for the distant HD networks? Most local networks won't sign a wavier. O&O is the other option. The percentage is probably not very high. Then the percentage of E* customers that have the HD pack AND qualify for distant HD networks. That has to be a small percentage. It's not affecting very many subscribers so it's probably not a top priority. HD customers don't have a big enough "voice", the "voice" of HD subs. that qualify for HD distants is even smaller. It would be nice to see something going with E*'s HD though. FYI, the distant HD networks don't matter to me. I can't get them OTA and I don't qualify and no waviers...exactly like analog distants. :(

So Dish is really working on this?? I hope it goes through.. This is my only complaint.. I thought about jumping ship many times to D* but I just want to stick it out with E* cause I feel like one day E* will come through...

I mean really who watches that #$#$%!# and the PENTAGON channel.. who gives a flip.. might as well add some more shopping networks.. cause all of that is more important than HD.. your right CHARLIe keep up the good work.. we really love you

I am dumped Dish for cable and could NOT be happier.
I wasn't waiting around for more HD from Charlie ('cause they ain't gonna be any for a while).
Oh yeah, I also have a dual tuner HD dvr that I did not have to lay out $250 to "lease"

I believe there are tons of DirecTV people willing to make the switch as soon as Dish gets all 4 networks in HD.

Those that went to Cable. How do the analog channels look on your DVR.

The design of the Cable DVR is the Analog has to be converted to Digital and then its stored on the HD so you can pause. Word in the AVS forum is the Pic quality is very poor on a Cable DVR box on Analog channels. And the sound quality is also lost on Analog. (digital channels are perfect).

What are your results?

Most only watch the analog major stations so its an important question to me and others.

AzDave said:
I believe there are tons of DirecTV people willing to make the switch as soon as Dish gets all 4 networks in HD.
I believe you, but I hope they're not holding their breath - because tunaboy lied to us - AGAIN.

AzDave said:

When hell freezes over! No way would I ever give that pile of sh*t Charlie another one of my $'s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)