NBC Affiliates in Puerto Rico on Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't know what is the meaning of this last move (is WNBC going to be our official NBC?; will we get the HD eventually?; are negotiations resolved?..) but for me this means:

1- great to have NBC on before tomorrow night (next day of recording to DVR). Will have to re-check scheduled DVR, pretty sure will have to program again
2- I hope we get the HD WNBC version. WVGN HD was really, really bad on fast moving scenes or music shows with special effects like explosions, etc, erratically missing CC. (Plus on all our networks, the starting minute of a show coming back from commercials is missing CC, don't know why)

Sure hope that, at the end, this is for the better... With luck, maybe we get the HD version on a new uplink today?

Here's wishing and hoping :) ...

i think they're "borrowing" the channel from the NBC-NY feed directly, not from telemundopr, since the transponder is the same as for NY, earlier this morning the channel was a remap of 6144. the HD version is transmited by an spotbeam for NY, that's why i think is not available right now. maybe a good indicator that the negotiations have finished is the availability of the HD feed. anyone knows if the commercial on telemundo pr 2.1 acusing dish of nbc's loss is still running?

Channel Additions:
7789(14) - WNBC [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 20 ConUS beam (Mkt:San Juan, PR-New York, NY-NBC,) (A) (H)

Channel Removals:
5151 - WVGN (NA) [MPEG4 HD] removed from EchoStar14 119W TP 05 Spotbeam B22 (Charlotte Amalie, VI)
7789 - WVGN (NA) [MPEG2 SD] removed from EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 48/49 (Charlotte Amalie, VI)

Channel Package Flag Changes:
6144 - WNBC [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 20 ConUS beam changed to Not Available (New York, NY)

post 1 has a link to an article. Its in spanish but I did see "NBC" and "2.3" in the article so.......
Thanks Iceberg. The thing was that the link was not an official announcement, but after revisiting it, found more info that eventually took me to the official thing. Good news COULD be that Telemundo announced that the first broadcast for both channels simultaneously would be The Golden Globes, this next January 12, so basically, that could mean that the signal should be up and running by then (soon). We'll see.

i received this email from dish a few minutes ago:
[FONT=&amp]Estimado/a:[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Le tenemos buenas noticias. Hemos llegado a un acuerdo con WNBC para brindarles la programación del canal 14 de regreso a sus hogares. La estación de NBC, por medio de la señal de Nueva York, ya está disponible para todos nuestros clientes en Puerto Rico.

Como siempre, apreciamos su paciencia y lealtad al servicio de DISH.

Atentamente,
El equipo de DISH[/FONT]

so, appears that there is no agreement with telemundo pr, dish went directly to WNBC NY

and loosely translated for us non spanish folks ;)

I have good news. We have reached an agreement with WNBC to provide programming channel 14 back to their homes. NBC station, through the New York landmark, is now available to all our customers in Puerto Rico.

As always, we appreciate your patience and loyalty to the service of DISH.

Sincerely,
The team DISH

Yep. Received the letter too.
On other related news, channel 2.3 is still not transmitting programming, only a NTSC color slate. That could mean that there is not much hope for NBC-PR to come alive before the Golden Globes (which are going to be transmitted by Telemundo anyway). So, unless someone works this weekend, NBC_PR off-air won't happen till next week, at least.

and loosely translated for us non spanish folks ;)

I have good news. We have reached an agreement with WNBC to provide programming channel 14 back to their homes. NBC station, through the New York landmark, is now available to all our customers in Puerto Rico.

As always, we appreciate your patience and loyalty to the service of DISH.

Sincerely,
The team DISH

If you don't use Google translate, Congratulation! is perfect.
but, in this situation "LE" should be in plural, WE. <= (I know, this sentence should be improved.)

On other related news, channel 2.3 is still not transmitting programming, only a NTSC color slate.
That might be why they put WNBC back on. Honestly thats crap that Dish pulled the NBC when Telemundo doesnt have their version up and running. Technically that means PR has NO NBC and should get one imported (as they do now again) until Telemundo gets the NBC working.

They can't claim "exclusive" until the station is technically up and running

so, PR lost the NBC feed, there is only a message that WVGN lost the transmission rights! is that related to telemundo pr announcing that they acquired transmission rights of NBC for the OTA 2.4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts