NBC-HD: XXVIII Summer Olympics : Opening Ceremonies 9pm EST

Will there ever be a day where NBC does it right? Why cutting the presentation and show this stupid commercial? Let it run without commercial? I am going to vomit if I see the damn commercial again.

In Indianapolis, we're not getting 321, and our local NBC digital is not broadcasting in HD tonight either - we're getting the opening ceremonies in SD on the digital channel.

Wow! Those human sculptures are amazing!

Sean Mota said:
Give some credit to Voom (for those that can get 321 and have no OTA); neither D* or E* have it on as far as I know.

I can get neither 321 or 593 or 594. I do get NBC OTA (3.1). Do I have to call up VOOM to get it on either of those three channels or am I out of luck and have to wait till 8pm or 9m this evening. I'm confused. :confused:

Tobar said:
I can get neither 321 or 593 or 594. I do get NBC OTA (3.1). Do I have to call up VOOM to get it on either of those three channels or am I out of luck and have to wait till 8pm or 9m this evening. I'm confused. :confused:

You need to be on an o&o (own and operated) market. Most likely you are getting blocked from your local NBC.

Seconded.... I am on Dish Network's list of those able to see the channel (not O&O but the dish list is much more complete) but i have the upgrade now screen on 321 so no HD for me which pisses me off.

Tobar said:
I think you get what you get. Doubt they can change anything. Just enjoy the show on your 3.1!

That parade had the be the most amazing thing I have ever seen. What an amazing setup, the water was there and then it was gone. Amazing. And luckily they didnt interupt it by the Sony commercial.

Scott Greczkowski said:
That parade had the be the most amazing thing I have ever seen. What an amazing setup, the water was there and then it was gone. Amazing. And luckily they didnt interupt it by the Sony commercial.

Maybe they just heard us. Haven't seen the sony commercial? (knock on wood) :D

Why the announcers have to make fun of small delegations?

I am watching this for the second time and I like the HD version much more! Not just the PQ, but the commentary and it seems to have less commercial breaks! Great!

Jag and anyone else who thought that they were going to get the Voom HD feed. I just got off the phone with Voom. They entered my Atlanta address into their system and told me that I was not eligible. I guess Voom and Dish are using different systems to dictate eligibility.

I guess I am not mad just a little disappointed. Instead of trusting the Dish info, we should have turned to Voom to verify. :(

I guess it was a Greece commercial...

Picture quality is outstanding! I only get 321, but it is enough.
Thank you VOOM and NBC!

So, can anyone on the West Coast watch 321? Or is it for the East Coast only?

mkwillia said:
Jag and anyone else who thought that they were going to get the Voom HD feed. I just got off the phone with Voom. They entered my Atlanta address into their system and told me that I was not eligible. I guess Voom and Dish are using different systems to dictate eligibility.

I guess I am not mad just a little disappointed. Instead of trusting the Dish info, we should have turned to Voom to verify. :(

Bah, that sucks, I wanted to do a direct comparison of the OTA NBCHD and the Sat NBCHD. I'm watching 11.2 now which looks HD but a little blocky. I thought 11.2 was not the HD channel for NBC here in Atlanta but rather 11.1. Leno is in HD but it is on 11.1. I guess they are keeping the regular programming on 11.1 and doing the HD Olympic stuff on 11.2.

A question for those who may know, when an OTA sub channel is used does it split the bandwith evenly between the sub channels or can the provider set different levels of bandwidth for each sub channel? In digital is there a limited amount of bandwith per frequency and can a HD channel have sub channels without seriously compromising the bandwidth necessary for the HD to look as good as it should?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)