NBC-HD: XXVIII Summer Olympics : Opening Ceremonies 9pm EST

yankov said:
I'm watching 321 in SF Bay Area and it looks great!
3 hours ahead of your local NBC stations, right?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I am now starting to hate Sony. Its going to be a long two weeks if that is one of the only commercials they have.

Why hate them? At least they helped sponsor the NBC HD Channel!! Hopefully there will be more variety.

I wonder if all the HD cameras are the same, some shots look dull and pixelated and dark.. others look simply breathtaking and bright, colors are vibrant.. I wonder why.

I wonder if all the HD cameras are the same, some shots look dull and pixelated and dark.. others look simply breathtaking and bright, colors are vibrant.. I wonder why.

With the size of the stadium and the different lighting confitions where each camera is located it is near impossible to perfectly white balance everything perfectly.

Glitches Tonight?

Using OTA, had about 6 gliches so far, picture freezes and sound stops for a sec or less. I see one other person saw some gliches, wondering if these were global, from NBC?

Fantastic Show!
GG

OTA is terrible in my area too, lots of frame drops, the sound is low, they JUST now switched it to DD5.1 it was in pro logic for a while, but the sound is low, macroblocking is worse on OTA. Also sound glitches.. wierdness.. Voom has the upper hand tonight.

Local NBC to be blamed?

Sean Mota said:
Tobar said:
I can get neither 321 or 593 or 594. I do get NBC OTA (3.1). Do I have to call up VOOM to get it on either of those three channels or am I out of luck and have to wait till 8pm or 9m this evening. I'm confused.
You need to be on an o&o (own and operated) market. Most likely you are getting blocked from your local NBC.
I can get neither 321 or 593 or 594, and NBC OTA (2-1, KPRCD1) shows opening ceremonies in SD :mad: !!! Where can I complain?? :confused:
I am in Houston, TX

Sean Mota said:
If you are not in an O&O market, can you check to see if you get it at 1am.

Just curious but I have been hearing that the dish hd chan doesnt start till 1AM.... is there some kind of agreement that would let dish offer all the other areas? I really am very dissapointed because the O&O people arent the people who need to have a sat version of it in the first place... its us who are too far away to get a relaible signal (my big antenna amp died yesterday so Im actually quite pissed), but were the ones who should get a sat signal before the OTA O&O people. I really networks would just give their local broadcasters who arent O&O a big middle finger and say this is our network and if you dont provide a good signal to your local tv viewers were gonna give it to then with the sat. this would solve alot of the dragging of feet by local co's

Sony commercial - memorized...

Hey guys!

What are you doing?

Watching the game.

In High Def?

Yes

Can we watch with you?

I don't know...

We brought chips

And salsa...

OK!

I hate Sony!

LOOKs great here on VOOM. I have Directv also and it hasnt even shown up in the guide yet. Im in NY and VOOM is ahead of the game with this one. Again ...thanks VOOM.

Yes they did rewind!

I thought I was crazy, glad you saw it too. The promo just before the rewind was cut-off badly too and it was looking good!

GG

Watching it here in Central California on OTA only, I will not receive the ch. 321 and others because of my location. Why? Because the email said so!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)