NCAA Basketball 2007-2008

I plan my annual ritual - mega march madness and 2 days off - best thing this year, is that I get a freebie with Good Friday.

So - everyone ready for the big conference tourneys to start? These are probably my 10 favorite days of the year (championship week, selection sunday, and the first 4 days of the NCAA's)

I got tickets for the Midwest regional final at Ford Field. (row 22!). This gets me into the lottery for Final Four tickets next season (also at Ford Field), a long time dream of mine! I consider the tournament to be one of the great sport spectacles of my life, and I can't wait for this to begin.

I used to watch all the games years ago on the C-band sat when CBS feeds were all in the wild and you could watch any game you wanted.

I got tickets for the Midwest regional final at Ford Field. (row 22!). This gets me into the lottery for Final Four tickets next season (also at Ford Field), a long time dream of mine! I consider the tournament to be one of the great sport spectacles of my life, and I can't wait for this to begin.

I had the pleasure of watching the 1999 Final 4 in person - I enjoyed the outcome, too :)

The best of both worlds, A final four and UCONN winning it all. I'm hoping Michigan St. is placed in the Midwest bracket. Would love to see them in the regional finals!

Wow, the SEC tournament got more than they bargined for with the tornado.
This sucks, because somebody is going to have to play 2 games in one day.

So - everyone ready for the big conference tourneys to start? These are probably my 10 favorite days of the year (championship week, selection sunday, and the first 4 days of the NCAA's)

I guess championship week didn't turn out to good for you, but hey, who am I kidding, like Pitt is gonna beat Georgetown.:rolleyes:

Wow, the SEC tournament got more than they bargined for with the tornado.
This sucks, because somebody is going to have to play 2 games in one day.
Yeah, Georgia gets to play twice today.
But on the good side, they actually beat Kentucky on the 3rd try this year.

Coach Felton is pissed (as he should be) about having to play twice. Mississippi State gets a huge advantage.
His suggestion was for the semi-finals and final to be played on Sunday. That was both teams in the final would be playing a second game and it would be thus fair.

:) :up
Where did you get your tickets?

Yeah, Georgia gets to play twice today.
But on the good side, they actually beat Kentucky on the 3rd try this year.

Coach Felton is pissed (as he should be) about having to play twice. Mississippi State gets a huge advantage.
His suggestion was for the semi-finals and final to be played on Sunday. That was both teams in the final would be playing a second game and it would be thus fair.

Kudos to Georgia for knocking off two favorites in one day. :up

:) :up
Where did you get your tickets?

I applied for the lottery last year. Nailed 22nd row seats. They took my money a year ago. Not sure, but there may still be seats available, but see that is in Ford Field, (football stadium), I'm sure the seats available are in the nose-bleeds. This enables me to apply for the Final Four lottery, which I'm sure will have longer odds of obtaining tickets.

WHEW!! Kentucky made it by a thin margin. I thought with Georgia winning the tourney that would knock out KY.

Woah, I am super jealous Paul!

What do you think the chances are that Kent State (9 seed and my Alma Mater), make it past UNLV and Kansas to make it to Detroit's Sweet 16/Elite 8 site?! Personally the high seeding of 9 is a compliment, but I think we're screwed to have to play a #1 in the second round! I also think this Kent State team may be better than the team in '02 that made it to the Elite 8, they just have a way tougher road to get there......

I'm picking UNLV over Kent St. in my bracket, hope I'm not eating crow on the weekend for that pick. Wonder how crow tastes? Seems to be a popular meal in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts