NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
On Bill Simmons podcast he was saying that Wake should make the FF because they have 3 potential lottery picks on their team and he was ripping UCLA for not having won a NC the last few years in spite of the guys they sent to the NBA. Unfortunatley NBA talent has nothing to do with how a team will fare in the NCAA Tournament. Wake never got to the FF with either Tim Duncan or Chris Paul and college teams don't have the luxury of mailing it in every other night like NBA teams can in the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I think Cleveland St. is going to give Wake a run for their money in the first round.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
You're Crazy. :D

I'm telling you, this Vikings team is a team that went into the Carrier Dome earlier this year and beat the 'Cuse. The Vikings also are a team who beat the Horizon League's finest, Butler University at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse for the League Championship. This team is full of seniors and they have an excellent coach. Really, this team has all of the tools to pull an upset.

Of all 5 of my Ohio teams entering the Madness, I'm rooting the most for Cleveland St. to pull off the unthinkable....

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
HD, you have a hangover this morning? You were in celebration mode last night! :D

Yes! I was up celebrating all night! When I woke up this morning I thought it was just a wonderful dream until I turned on the TV and picked the paper up from my driveway to see the Vikings are still the talk of the town! Last night was awesome! :D

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
HD MM, i would hold off on calling them the "cinderalla of the ball" until they win at least another game. Until then it's just an upset. I'm rooting for them today, see as that it doesn't change my bracket at all. Actually, if they get to the final four, it may help me since I have Louisville losing to Pittsburgh anyhow.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
While not a lot of us pay attention to women's basketball, something stunning just occured.

Tennessee lost in their first tournament game- for the first time since the modern tournament format, they go down early.

Hell, the worst they had ever did was the Sweet 16- 21 years in a row!

This is a shocker, but I saw this coming, after they got thumped by Auburn in the SEC Tournament.

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
While not a lot of us pay attention to women's basketball, something stunning just occured.

Tennessee lost in their first tournament game- for the first time since the modern tournament format, they go down early.

This is a shocker, but I saw this coming, after they got thumped by Auburn in the SEC Tournament.
Did that mess up your bracket? :haha

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio

You know, I've tried my damnedest to get into women's basketball, but I can't. I attended Louisiana Tech when the Lady Techsters were winning championships, and watched LSU's team when I could during their 2004-2008 Final Four years, but it still looked like granny ball to me. When it sucks, it sucks bad.
laughing.gif

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
HD MM, i would hold off on calling them the "cinderalla of the ball" until they win at least another game. Until then it's just an upset. I'm rooting for them today, see as that it doesn't change my bracket at all. Actually, if they get to the final four, it may help me since I have Louisville losing to Pittsburgh anyhow.

Thanks for the Jinx Paul. :(

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
You know, I've tried my damnedest to get into women's basketball, but I can't. I attended Louisiana Tech when the Lady Techsters were winning championships, and watched LSU's team when I could during their 2004-2008 Final Four years, but it still looked like granny ball to me. When it sucks, it sucks bad.
laughing.gif
I like that. Granny ball. That's exactly how I feel. It's a toss up what's worse womens basketball or Big Ten basketball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)