NCAA / BCS Bowl Games 2011-2012

If Alabama wins tonight, I'm not sure how they would be crowned the champion. That would means one team will be 13-1, the other 12-1 & their only loss would have been to each other. So, how will we know who the real Champion is?

If Alabama wins tonight, I'm not sure how they would be crowned the champion. That would means one team will be 13-1, the other 12-1 & their only loss would have been to each other. So, how will we know who the real Champion is?
Alabama would be crowned champion "by rule", because that's how the BCS works. Also, beating LSU in New Orleans is better than beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

Of course there will always be some controversy, but one thing there will be NO doubt about after tonight. Whoever wins tonights game is the BCS national champ. They will get the trophy, and it will be official. It is what it is in regards to that.

Of course the AP can go in a different direction, but as far as the BCS is concerned, it is winner take all.

Tonight, we're gonna see a hot mess of QB play... I mean defensive slugfest.

You mean like this???

220px-Arion_vulgaris_eating.jpg

Won't there be a lot more 'bama fans in the Superdome tonight than there were LSU fans in Tuscaloosa?

There will, but it won't be that noticeable (see Okie quote below)...

It's the fans outside that set the tone. Visiting fans are already beat down by the time they get into the dome.

Tailgating started last night and was in full swing by 9AM this morning, i.e., drunk tanks filling. ;)

I would wager that the crowds inside and out will be pretty much equal.
I know it is in Louisiana, but its not like Alabama is a world away. Tons of Bama fans in the area, and they travel as well, or better than any teams fans.

Should be a blast.

I will say though, from going to games at many SEC schools, LSU fans get a bad rep for being obnoxious and rowdy, and I dont know how well deserved it is in comparison to any other fanbase.
We all have our lunatics, but from what I have been able to tell, most of it is harmless fun.

I think the prevalence of night games in Baton Rogue is the reason for the reputation, but give other teams fans the same time to get "lit" and the difference is non existent.

I would wager that the crowds inside and out will be pretty much equal.
I know it is in Louisiana, but its not like Alabama is a world away. Tons of Bama fans in the area, and they travel as well, or better than any teams fans.

Should be a blast.

I will say though, from going to games at many SEC schools, LSU fans get a bad rep for being obnoxious and rowdy, and I dont know how well deserved it is in comparison to any other fanbase.
We all have our lunatics, but from what I have been able to tell, most of it is harmless fun.

I think the prevalence of night games in Baton Rogue is the reason for the reputation, but give other teams fans the same time to get "lit" and the difference is non existent.
Good post Smitty. And given that almost all of LSU's home night games this year were moved earlier in the day for the networks, this game will be used to make up for that, with over a month to plan to boot. Should be rocking right about now.

Bama has no right to be here.

One good win, they did not beat anyone with a top 50 offense (which makes their defensive numbers look good- CUPCAKE FROSTING SCHEDULE!)

Okie State should be here. AJ freaking McCarron- give me a break!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)