NCAA College Basketball 2011-12

The thing about officiating is that so many people remember only the calls that did not go their way, but forget the marginal calls that did go their way. When officials make mistakes there is an extremely good chance they are making mistakes for both sides. People tend to not see it that way, however.

'The officials/referees/umpires cost a team the game' is an all-too easy and familiar mantra/crutch that is almost never true.

Sandra

Last edited:
The thing about officiating is that so many people remember only the calls that did not go their way, but forget the marginal calls that did go their way. When officials make mistakes there is an extremely good chance they are making mistakes for both sides. People tend to not see it that way, however.

'The officials/referees/umpires cost a team the game' is an all-too easy and familiar mantra/crutch that is almost never true.

Sandra

Oh no...refs didn't cost the 'Canes the game...they(the U) took some terrible shots and the best scorer was shutdown pretty good... but those terrible non-calls sure as hell did not help.

Oh no...refs didn't cost the 'Canes the game...they(the U) took some terrible shots and the best scorer was shutdown pretty good... but those terrible non-calls sure as hell did not help.

LOL I was on a North Carolina forum they said there were a bunch of terrible calls that went against the Tar Heels...it's all a matter of perspective. ;)

Sandra

SandraC said:
LOL I was on a North Carolina forum they said there were a bunch of terrible calls that went against the Tar Heels...it's all a matter of perspective. ;)

Sandra

....and you didn't need a shower when you left?

All kidding aside, it's one thing to complain about bad calls and lose...but to complain after a win about bad calls and harp on it... is ridiculous.

....and you didn't need a shower when you left?

All kidding aside, it's one thing to complain about bad calls and lose...but to complain after a win about bad calls and harp on it... is ridiculous.

That's the funny thing about refereeing. Everybody complains no matter what. Everyone thinks referees are out to get them. It's universal...and hysterical.

Sandra

Murray State throttles St Marys today :)

Dickie V sounded like he had fun tonight. Heck during a commercial break he was out there dancing with the cheerleaders. Bust best line of the game. They were talking about food places and he says a couple times "I think we're going to (forget the name but something like Tommy's Cafe) and I'm buying for everyone" on the broadcast

hmmm..wonder if he really did go and pick up the tab ;)

Starting to really like this Syracuse team...very easy to root for. Not sure if there has ever been an NCAA champion with no player who ever became a bonafide NBA starter, but this team could test that theory.

Sandra

SandraC said:
Starting to really like this Syracuse team...very easy to root for. Not sure if there has ever been an NCAA champion with no player who ever became a bonafide NBA starter, but this team could test that theory.

Sandra

I am telling you this is the deepest Orangemen team ever. And the zone defense is starting to shape up.

I am telling you this is the deepest Orangemen team ever. And the zone defense is starting to shape up.

No question they are deep...which makes sense, since they are lacking top line talent. That's one of the 'easy to root for' things about Syracuse.

I did not like how Rutgers was attacking the zone...not a fan of Rutgers anyway, so I was glad. But you can tell they have a new coach who is not used to the Syracuse defense.

Sandra

Scored tickets to Syracuse @ UConn (on campus at Gampel Pavillion). That place is going to be LOUD tomorrow night!

Kentucky wins their 45th SEC championship. Yay!

What a great day to be a college basketball fan. Overtime games galore. What more could you ask for? Kansa-Missouri game is an instant classic. Virginia Tech-North Carolina,Rutgers-Seton Hall, Maryland-Georgia Tech. Thank God I had the foresight to go to the beer store to make sure I had enough adult beverages on hand.