NCAA Football 2007-08

I hope Kentucky kicks the you know what out of Florida State. I hate BB.

Because he thought he should always be treated as a god or something by everybody.

I don't think so...I have met the man various times and he is a class act. He is in the same category as Joe Paterno....two men that have somewhat over stayed their welcome but so what, they don't really run their teams anyways. I also met Joe Pa and he TOO, though seems like a wiery old man....the guy is like the cool-as-sh** grandpa everyone always wanted.

I don't think so...I have met the man various times and he is a class act. He is in the same category as Joe Paterno....two men that have somewhat over stayed their welcome but so what, they don't really run their teams anyways. I also met Joe Pa and he TOO, though seems like a wiery old man....the guy is like the cool-as-sh** grandpa everyone always wanted.

Both of them needs to retire and enjoy their golden years, IMHO the game has past both of these coaches. Yeah they were great back in the day, but not anymore.

BB seems like a conceded A**hole to me, Paterno is definitely an A**hole, don't get me started about him not wanting to play Pitt anymore, but would rather play Temple.

BTW JoPa is now involved in "Road Rage", he's losing it, time to buy that big Winnebago and drive across the country.:rolleyes:

JoPa being investigated for road rage - UPDATE #4 : Fanblogs College Football Blog

Both of them needs to retire and enjoy their golden years, IMHO the game has past both of these coaches. Yeah they were great back in the day, but not anymore.

BB seems like a conceded A**hole to me, Paterno is definitely an A**hole, don't get me started about him not wanting to play Pitt anymore, but would rather play Temple.

BTW JoPa is now involved in "Road Rage", he's losing it, time to buy that big Winnebago and drive across the country.:rolleyes:

JoPa being investigated for road rage - UPDATE #4 : Fanblogs College Football Blog

If that happens let me know. I definitely don't want to be on the streets. Mr. Magoo glasses , driving a Winnebago, and road rage to boot? ;)

I just noticed that only 9 of the 10 eligible SEC teams got a bowl bid. I wonder if 10 eligible teams or 9 teams that made a bowl is a record. I searched and couldn't find either.

Man, I thought Google could find everything. I have been looking for 30 minutes and no luck.

The only thing I could find was that in 2000, 01 and 06 the SEC qualified 9 teams as bowl eligible and in both 00 and 06 they actually sent all 9.

So obviously sending 9 only ties a record but qualifying 10 might set a record.

But again, this is a tough search and their doesn't seem to be anything out there about it.

Sorry guys, but color me unimpressed. With 30+ bowls to fill, this is not that big of an accomplishment, especially with the patsy filled non-conference schedules most teams play in order to reach the 6 win minimum eligibility requirement. 6 wins in your conference is a better barometer of a teams ability. Don't waste your breath telling me about Appalachian St, either, we all know it was a fluke. By the way, the only reason Michigan scheduled them was because of the NCAA increasing the schedule by a game, and we couldn't find any other Div.1 teams that wanted to play us.

Sorry guys, but color me unimpressed. With 30+ bowls to fill, this is not that big of an accomplishment, especially with the patsy filled non-conference schedules most teams play in order to reach the 6 win minimum eligibility requirement. 6 wins in your conference is a better barometer of a teams ability. Don't waste your breath telling me about Appalachian St, either, we all know it was a fluke. By the way, the only reason Michigan scheduled them was because of the NCAA increasing the schedule by a game, and we couldn't find any other Div.1 teams that wanted to play us.
Actually, Michigan had Hawaii scheduled for that game and dropped them to play App State. So it was Michigan that didn't want to play Hawaii, not the other way around.

Once again, for the sixth time in seven years, the Big-12 sends 8 teams. Does that mean the Big-12 is 8/9ths as good as the SEC? :) And THREE of our teams are in the top 10.

See here.
The Big 12, top to bottom, is no where near the SEC. I would put the Pac-10 and maybe even the Big East above the Big 12 this year. Three teams in the top 10 doesn't make a conference tough, it makes it top heavy. I took the 12 teams from both conferences and matched them up based on their Sagarin ratings. The outcomes based on the rankings would look like this:

Oklahoma over Florida by 2
Kansas over LSU by 1
Missouri over Georgia by 1
Tennessee over Texas by 1
Auburn over Texas Tech by 2
Kentucky over Texas A&M by 4
Arkansas over Oklahoma State by 5
South Carolina over Colorado by 4
Alabama over Kansas State by 3
Mississippi State over Nebraska by 3
Vanderbilt over Iowa State by 10
Ole Miss over Baylor by 10

The Big 12 teams would be favored in the top three games (Florida is ranked above LSU by Sagarin, but either way Oklahoma and Kansas would be favored), but the SEC would be favored in other 9 games. That's why the SEC is tougher, the middle of the road teams in the SEC are better than the middle of the road teams in any other conference.

Last edited:

That argument would be fine and dandy, but how many Big 10 schools went?
IF the Big Ten had as many team, then you have argument....

I just noticed that only 9 of the 10 eligible SEC teams got a bowl bid. I wonder if 10 eligible teams or 9 teams that made a bowl is a record. I searched and couldn't find either.
Doesn't the SEC have agreements with 7 non-BCS bowls (Most of any Div 1-A conference)? So all they need to do to get 8 teams in bowls is to have 2 get into BCS bowls and have 7 more be bowl eligible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)