NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Can any other team claim their only loss was against the #1 team in the nation and on the road?

Evidently tOSU has much more to do in order to prove their worth.

USC did post a shutout, while Texas Tech barely survived against a mediocre Nebraska team. I have no doubt now that Texas Tech is THE most overrated team in the country.

I'm making a bold prediction:

Texas Tech WILL BEAT THE LONGHORNS IN LUBBOCK!!

Sam Bradford didn't exactly have a terrible game on Saturday; imagine what Harrell could do.

Sam Bradford didn't exactly have a terrible game on Saturday; imagine what Harrell could do.
Another way to look at it is Texas dropped 45 points on an Oklahoma defense that is 100 times tougher than Texas Tech's. Imagine what they will do to that Tech defense. 70 points anyone?

Sabres, I'm beginning to think you make these outlandish upset calls just to look like a genius if they end up coming true. There's no reason to believe this would actually happen.

Texas Tech finally played a team of note on Saturday, albeit an unranked Nebraska team and almost lost. (Previous wins were against, Eastern Washington, Nevada, Southern Methodist, Massachusetts and Kansas St.) I think the Dillon Panthers High School team plays a tougher schedule than the Red Raiders first 5 games!

As I keep saying every week, this TT team is extremely overrated.

16-3 wins over the likes of Purdue don't exactly help repair a damaged reputation. Beating Penn St would get people's attention.
Soon they will run out of better teams to beat and then they will be done.
I think Penn State is the last of the Big boys on thier schedule.
If things go according to plan, Penn State would lose this weekend and Ohio State would beat them, but it wouldn't matter seeing the already had a loss.

If a SEC team loses to another team it's a great team they lost to, move them up, but it doesn't work that way for Ohio State, until the last few weeks, Wisconsin was a very good team, then they played PSU and OSU and lost and now those wins mean nothing ?

Jimbo

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:shh

Question ????

Does either of these teams play any Defense ?
It's all the glory Offense. If you don't score 35+ points a week your not allowed in the polls ...:rolleyes:

Sorry Sabres,
It ain't happening

Jimbo

If things go according to plan, Penn State would lose this weekend and Ohio State would beat them, but it wouldn't matter seeing the already had a loss.

If a SEC team loses to another team it's a great team they lost to, move them up, but it doesn't work that way for Ohio State, until the last few weeks, Wisconsin was a very good team, then they played PSU and OSU and lost and now those wins mean nothing ?

Jimbo
Jimbo it's hard for me not to laugh when you start playing the victim card with Ohio St. You DO realize that they have played in the last 2 NC games thanks to media hype? Just count your blessings and be glad you're not Michigan.

16-3 wins over the likes of Purdue don't exactly help repair a damaged reputation. Beating Penn St would get people's attention.
Would 24-3 look better to you, or do they have to score 40 points ?

Scoring big lopsided wins is not in Coach Tressels nature, he brings in the 3-4 th string guys to get some gametime , unlike some other SEC coaches.

Jimbo

I didn't say Texas Tech would win the national title or run the table. I'm not THAT delusional.

I have them finishing with 1 loss, maybe a berth in the Big 12 title game, and a possible BCS game as an at-large.

If LSU can get a BCS at-large with two losses and not winning their own division, why not Texas Tech? Let's not forget that the 2006 Tigers also had a soft schedule!

Jimbo

Let's not overlook Michigan State, Jimbo. The results of these next 2 weeks will definitely clear things up in the Big Ten though...

Jimbo it's hard for me not to laugh when you start playing the victim card with Ohio St. You DO realize that they have played in the last 2 NC games thanks to media hype? Just count your blessings and be glad you're not Michigan.

Yes, I realize that and also they the WHOLE country doesn't want Ohio State tom have a chance of a big game again, a very easy way to assure that is to not vote them high enough to get there.

Believe me tOSU will NOT play for the MNC this year, THAT is already decided, Buckeyes could have went UNDEFEATED this year and still not gone.

People don't realize that this is NOT the same team that played USC at all.

Why do I need my Blessings ?

IF, Ohio State has any semblence of a D* next year, they WILL be back to be a thorn in your side

Jimbo

Sabres you assume that Texas Tech is at least the 2nd best team in their own division. I don't. They may only be the 4th best team in their division. I see them playing in the Cotton Bowl or Alamo Bowl, but no BCS.

I didn't say Texas Tech would win the national title or run the table. I'm not THAT delusional.

I have them finishing with 1 loss, maybe a berth in the Big 12 title game, and a possible BCS game as an at-large.

If LSU can get a BCS at-large with two losses and not winning their own division, why not Texas Tech? Let's not forget that the 2006 Tigers also had a soft schedule!

Texas Tech with 1 loss?! So after next week, you see them going 3-1 against these teams?......... :eek:

10/25: @ Kansas (No. 16)
11/1: vs. Texas (No. 1)
11/8: vs. Oklahoma St. (No. 8)
11/22: @ Oklahoma (No. 4)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts