NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I think it might be safe to say I am the most cursed of all the sports fans on this site.

I know that HD has lived through Cleveland's long drought, but the Buckeyes did win it all title in 2002.

Me, OTOH- NOTHING! Four Super Bowl losses and the Sabres rip my heart out countless times in the playoffs.

I'll trade you the Lions for those 4 consecutive SB losses. I feel your pain brother.

Back to Football.

I notice that no one seems to care about the PSU / OSU game of late .... We talked about it early in the week, now it's gone.
It has large implications for the BCS.

A PSU win and it comes down to them and Alabama and Texas ... at least so far, lot can and will happen before the end of the season.

Interesting article on ESPN .com

PSU ... Could be Joe Pa's last year, would that sway voters if they are undefeated ?

A Buckeye win and running out the table, could get them back in the hunt.
I think everyone will have at least one loss. Or there won't be more than one undefeated team left standing ...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3660173&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2"]Ohio State, Joe Paterno fight back against critics, odds - ESPN[/ame]

I said it earlier, and I think it sounds fitting:

almost 80% of those who watch this game will root for Penn State

(So will I- I'm getting a little tired of seeing Ohio State in ANOTHER BCS title game)

(So will I- I'm getting a little tired of seeing Ohio State in ANOTHER BCS title game)

They have made 3, 2 most recent.

Florida State was in in 3 years in a row, '98, '99, 2000
Oklahoma has been in it 3 times, including 2 years in a row.
LSU has been in it twice.
Florida has been in it twice.
Miami has been in it twice.
USC has been in it twice.
Nebraska, Va Tech and Tennesee are the only teams that have been there, that have only made it once.

Jimbo

Back to Football.

I notice that no one seems to care about the PSU / OSU game of late .... We talked about it early in the week, now it's gone.
It has large implications for the BCS.

Forgot? You guys had an argument about the game that lasted 3 pages. This game's gotten as much attention as any game this season, at least on this board. :D

This game's gotten as much attention as any game this season, at least on this board.

If Texas Tech and Texas win tomorrow, god only knows what it'll be like on this thread heading into that game, given how anders, HD MM, and David see them as 'fraudalent,' me a Tech fan, and BlackHitachi being a fan of the Horns.

I notice that no one seems to care about the PSU / OSU game of late

i will cross a couple of post
who would i like to see win this one ? probably OSU
i would like to see all the teams play at their best but , what would happen if all the contenders lose a game....... I believe no matter how good a team is on any given day they can be beat. ... the only problem with all the contenders losing one game allows USC back into the picture ..... but then again maybe they should be.

Once again, not me.

I'm sick and tired of Ohio St. getting screwed in the polls (their only loss was on the road to the #1 team in the country without their best player).

I want the Buckeyes to win very badly tonight (and going forward) because of this.

I am NOT going to see the Texas/Oklahoma State game; normally, when I get regional games, I usually get all of them.

This week, I'm getting SCREWED!

I get Michigan/Sparty and FSU/VaTech, but not the game that REALLY matters!

If Texas Tech and Texas win tomorrow, god only knows what it'll be like on this thread heading into that game, given how anders, HD MM, and David see them as 'fraudalent,' me a Tech fan, and BlackHitachi being a fan of the Horns.

BTW Sabres, I expect TT to win today against Kansas. It's their next 3 games against Texas, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma to be exposed.

Pretty cool that King LeBron is at the game; this is hopefully going to go better for him than last year's Indians/Yankees game. (Hatgate)

BTW, he picked Arizona to BEAT USC! (41% of the country thinks Zona can win)

I've been following three early games:

Texas Tech-Kansas, Boston College-North Carolina and Oklahoma- Kansas State

UNC is beating BC at the half, 24-17, and THAT is a defensive struggle compared to the other two. :eek:

If you like offense, today is your day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)