NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Not quite. Here are the scenario's needed for teams to win the Coastal.

Va Tech
- just win it's last 2 games, owns the tie breaker against Ga Tech, and currently has the best Divisional record with only 1 loss so wins a 3/4 team tiebreaker as well.
Miami - Va. Tech loses and either or both Virginia and North Carolina win out. Miami wins a 3/4 way tie involving Ga Tech and either of those teams, but loses a 2 way tie against Ga Tech.
Virginia - beat Va. Tech & have Miami lose to NC State.
North Carolina - both Va. Tech & Virginia have to lose. Owns the tie breaker against both Ga Tech and Miami, but not Virginia. Non-divisional games gives a 3 way tiebreaker to Miami.
Ga Tech - 3 divisional loses limits them, as they only own a 2-way tie breaker against Miami, and can not win a 3 way tie. Va Tech, Virginia, and North Carolina all have to lose.
Yeah we're bascially screwed. Carolina should win its last two games, but needs both UVA and VT to lose. I guess it could happen, but I'm not holding my breath. The Tar Heels have had ample opportunites to win this thing outright, but didn't.

Va Tech - just win it's last 2 games, owns the tie breaker against Ga Tech, and currently has the best Divisional record with only 1 loss so wins a 3/4 team tiebreaker as well.

THEM AGAIN?!

The Hokies are the team that just doesn't die, and they are becoming pretty damn boring.

IMO, I wonder if it really matters. Remember- 1 BCS win for the conference overall.

Three Big XII teams in BCS bowls?

Yes, it's possible even given the two teams max per conference rule. Of course the probability of this happening is about 0.00000001%....but...

Oklahoma beats Texas Tech and creates a three way tie in the Big XII South. The highest ranked BCS team goes to the Big XII championship (for argument's sake, let's say it's Oklahoma). Florida loses to Florida State, but beats Alabama and both SEC teams are knocked out. Oklahoma beats Missouri but has a lousy showing. Texas and Texas Tech end up #1 and #2 in the final BCS rankings and play in the NC game with Big XII champion Oklahoma receiving the automatic birth to the BCS.

So there you have it.....three teams from one conference can be in the BCS after all. :)

Oklahoma beats Texas Tech and creates a three way tie in the Big XII South. The highest ranked BCS team goes to the Big XII championship (for argument's sake, let's say it's Oklahoma). Florida loses to Florida State, but beats Alabama and both SEC teams are knocked out. Oklahoma beats Missouri but has a lousy showing. Texas and Texas Tech end up #1 and #2 in the final BCS rankings and play in the NC game with Big XII champion Oklahoma receiving the automatic birth to the BCS.

if TT loses to OK they will fall out of the top 5 so they won't be back to reach #2 USC ,Penn st & utah would all move up
i think lol

Just heard an interesting stat. Oklahoma is 59-2 at home under Bob Stoops!

Saturday night is going to be fun. Hopefully Texas Tech can give the Sooners a good game.

Just heard an interesting stat. Oklahoma is 59-2 at home under Bob Stoops!

Saturday night is going to be fun. Hopefully Texas Tech can give the Sooners a good game.

Hell, I hope TT wins the game !

Maybe TT can make Oklahoma think this is a BOWL game, they tend to lose most of thier bowl games.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)