NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

It is not FLA's fault the refs blew a couple calls.

Or we could talk about the tripping penalty that should of been called when the defender kicked the ball out of Demp's hands.

CBS, please get rid of senile Verne and know-nothing Danielson. On the long TD by Arkansas they kept trying to tell us that the play was being reviewed to see if Child's fumbled the ball he ultimately recovered, they were reviewing if Mallet crossed the line before he threw and we never saw the replay of that.

The unsportsmanlike penalty was pretty bogus, but the PI penalty will be called every time, unless you're looking at through gator-hater glasses.

YEAH!!!!!!! Kentucky beats Auburn for the first time since 1966. Yipee!!!!

Here are my random thoughts on today in college football:

1. If USC does not drop in the polls after nearly choking a 20-point lead, then it goes to show the preferential treatment they get from the pollsters. USC is the most overranked team in the country- they are ranked #6 on their reputation. USC-defenders like Anders need to wake up and realize that they are not as good as they used to be- 20-point leads should be a lock, not something you nearly fritter away. They are a few plays away from being 3-3 like Oklahoma. I'm not pro-Irish, but anti-USC.

2. Good bounceback by Cal, especially Jahvid Best.

3. Texas and Penn State had the best defensive performances of the day.

4. The ACC is tipsy-turvy once again, thanks to VaTech's loss.

5. Best individual performances of the day- Mark Ingram and Josh Nesbitt.

Or we could talk about the tripping penalty that should of been called when the defender kicked the ball out of Demp's hands.

CBS, please get rid of senile Verne and know-nothing Danielson. On the long TD by Arkansas they kept trying to tell us that the play was being reviewed to see if Child's fumbled the ball he ultimately recovered, they were reviewing if Mallet crossed the line before he threw and we never saw the replay of that.

The unsportsmanlike penalty was pretty bogus, but the PI penalty will be called every time, unless you're looking at through gator-hater glasses.
:rolleyes:
take off your blue and orange for a second
the fix was on and you and everyone who follows college football knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that PI was totally wrong
the defender turned for the ball the side judge was in no position to make any call there

and the next flag was blatant
when Gary Tim Tebow Sr Danielson can see the calls were bad , they're bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot about the tripping penalty not called on the Demps fumble.

and I didnt understand the replay either. I mean either way it was a touchdown. He recovered the ball in the endzone. It was a legit fumble. Confused me why they had confusion.

And I dont have any gator-hator glasses and I thought it was a bogus call. I mean the pass was not catchable. It was to short.

the fix was on and you and everyone who follows college football knows it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that was said at least a little tongue-in-cheek. Of course the big boys get some of those benefit-of-the-doubt calls. They always have. Look at Notre Dame. They still get them and they haven't been very good for a while. Doesn't mean it's right, but it doesn't mean it's a fix either.

I have no dog in this fight. I'm just happy my Hawkeyes won on the road again.

I forgot about the tripping penalty not called on the Demps fumble.

and I didnt understand the replay either. I mean either way it was a touchdown. He recovered the ball in the endzone. It was a legit fumble. Confused me why they had confusion.

And I dont have any gator-hator glasses and I thought it was a bogus call. I mean the pass was not catchable. It was to short.

They were reviewing if Mallet was over the line when he threw the pass, which he obviously was, but were never shown a replay by CBS. I mean why would they since Verne and Gary were so openly routing for an upset. I thought they were going to cry when Sturgis kicked the field goal.

Under thrown passes when the defender doesn't turn his head will always be a flag.

At times Miami looks like the most dangerous team in the country.

Alabama looks like the best team.

Oklahoma looks like the most hurt team.

OSU looks like, well, I'm not sure, but they don't look like OSU should.

Today, Michigan looked like the bully.

Why does Charlie Weiss look like he expects something to be given to Notre Dame? Maybe its just me, but I don't think he's a very good head coach. He really seems to handle quarterbacks in a great way, all the rest, not so much.

Yes, they did, but it's not the team's fault. Let me defend this game for a second or two.

1) Players that practice their behinds off, and never see playing time in 4 yrs. got a few seconds of glory. Not to mention helping the depth chart.

2) Not sure how much Del. St. got paid, but it was probably in the neighborhood of $400-500K, that is a serious financial shot in the arm for them. Big schools need to share the wealth sometimes. I'm sure it was quite a thrill for their players to see more people in a stadium at one time then they see collectively in their 4 season careers.

3) MICHIGAN scheduled this game because they had to, and nobody else in Div. 1 was available for this date. Del St. took a league forfeit in order to cash this check. There were no losers here.

1) Players that practice their behinds off, and never see playing time in 4 yrs. got a few seconds of glory.

Play calling may be restrained late in a blowout with the reserves on the field, but I expect these young men to try and score. When else do they get a chance to show their coaches they are ready to play with the game on the line?

They were reviewing if Mallet was over the line when he threw the pass, which he obviously was, but were never shown a replay by CBS. I mean why would they since Verne and Gary were so openly routing for an upset. I thought they were going to cry when Sturgis kicked the field goal.

Under thrown passes when the defender doesn't turn his head will always be a flag.

Oh thats what they were reviewing then why the hell did they replay the TD thing over and over and not one replay of the QB throwing the ball? Un believeable, and at one point they were even asking "well lets see who recoverd the fumble" as if they were not even watching the game, because everyone say the Arkansas player got the ball back.

and I do believe unlike in the NFL in college the Defender does NOT have to look for the ball.

Have to agree with the AP polls putting Alabama as number 1. Between 1 and 2 is not really that important as far as possible national title shot goes so I think have Bama at number one shows that they have played better so far this year then fla. The winner of the SEC title game will almost be given a free shot at the national title this year anyway. So the almost already planned up coming FLA vs Bama game will be the one to decide who was better.

I do not agree with USC being as high as they are. I mean really? They beat a bad Notre Dame team, barely. They barely got by a bad Ohio State team. Got beat by a team that lost every game last year. and has not really had any other big wins this year. How are they ahead of an undefeated, Big East and an undefeated Big 10 team? or even a 1 loss Miami team whos schedule was by far a tougher one then USC. There one loss came on a very rainy muddy day against a very good VTech team. Who took Alabama to ropes, who beat Nebraska and only other loss was to a GaTech team, at home, by just 5 points. (A GaTech team that Miami beat. Handily.

So The overrated Trojans need to drop down a few notches.

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)