NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

I'll be watching UConn @ WVU, probably outright sobbing for some of it.

My hope is for an appropriate 6-0 win.

I take it you were really impressed by the 13 points of offense they put up against the gamecocks. I mean who else could do that? Totally blown away:rolleyes:

Unless young McElroy starts throwing the ball with some consistancy, Tennessee's D will keep them in the game.

Alabama was never at risk of losing that game.. I was not super impressed but they controlled the game..

In the FLA game however the Razorbacks controlled that game. FLA was the one at risk of losing. We got a couple lucky calls that quite poissbly could of saved our ass.

So while Alabama was not majorly impressive this week. FLA was REALLY unimpressive. Didnt Alabama beat this same Razorback team by like a bazillion points?

Only one game this week between ranked opponents, and it's in a non-BCS conference (8) TCU at (16) BYU.

Oh, and it's on Versus. Get your s*** together, DirecTV!

The SEC has come out and said that the call should not have been made.
Time to have a serious conversation about officiating | Mr. College Football

Yea I read about that on ESPN.

I am just tired of all the people on ESPNs site and others (mainly razorback fans) who keep saying the FIX was in or any number of things blaming FLA for the bad calls. And saying without the bad call FLA would of lost etc..

First off, It was not like the gators were on 4th down and it was a "must make" play. They still had I think 2 downs to go and they were not far from a first down anyway. The Razorback defense while in a tougher position still had a chance to stop the gators from scoreing. (which they did stop the touch down.)

Second, if you recall not to much earlier Jeff Demps was breaking away from the pack with only one person in his way, a defender jumped in front of him and tripped him (which is a penalty) causing a fumble. So this blown call very well could of cost a gator TD as there was nothing but open field in front of Demps and no one is going to catch him when he gets in the open field like that.

So again not to take anything away from the razorbacks, but stop the complaining. Bad calls were made on both sides of the ball and while I do feel sorry for Arizona on the personal foul call, I wonder if they feel sorry on the bad no-trip call.

Or watch the "Third Saturday in October" being played on the fourth saturday in october.
Lane Kiffin wanted Tennessee to wear their orange jerseys in Tuscaloosa. Fortunately Alabama said no. That would have been a disaster to watch. One team in red, the other in orange.

Lane Kiffin wanted Tennessee to wear their orange jerseys in Tuscaloosa. Fortunately Alabama said no. That would have been a disaster to watch. One team in red, the other in orange.
Why would they want to wear them in a game they'll likely get killed it?

Alabama alone is the reason why there will never be another "blackout" in Athens. 31-0 at halftime :eek::(

Might not be too boring. Ga Tech has a habit of losing to really bad UVa teams. :(
If you do you've got no one to blame but yourselves. GT's remaining schedule is cake. 4-1 in the ACC with remaining games at UVA, Wake, and at dook. And non conference games at Vandy and against Georgia. Nobody Tech plays is even remotely capable of stopping that option. Only way Tech loses is if their defense collapses, which is possible, and they fumble 6 times, which is inexcusable.

Yea I read about that on ESPN.

I am just tired of all the people on ESPNs site and others (mainly razorback fans) who keep saying the FIX was in or any number of things blaming FLA for the bad calls. And saying without the bad call FLA would of lost etc..

But, to be honest, it DID look like a "fix was in" on that call. A blind man could see that there was no way it was right, no way in hell.

Does the SEC have a lock on bad calls? Hell NO! The Big East has the absolute pits as far as officiating goes and those games are frustrating to try to watch as the calls are simply amazing. I remember one where a guy called a "fair catch" on a punt or kickoff and then ran to the end zone for a touchdown. WTF? All the officials on the field missed the "fair catch" signal? Huh? :D

The best (or least worst) officiating seems to be in the Big 10, PAC 10, and the Big 12. The ACC is not too bad, but they blow them on a regular basis, just not as often as some conferences.

First off, It was not like the gators were on 4th down and it was a "must make" play. They still had I think 2 downs to go and they were not far from a first down anyway. The Razorback defense while in a tougher position still had a chance to stop the gators from scoreing. (which they did stop the touch down.)

Second, if you recall not to much earlier Jeff Demps was breaking away from the pack with only one person in his way, a defender jumped in front of him and tripped him (which is a penalty) causing a fumble. So this blown call very well could of cost a gator TD as there was nothing but open field in front of Demps and no one is going to catch him when he gets in the open field like that.

So again not to take anything away from the razorbacks, but stop the complaining. Bad calls were made on both sides of the ball and while I do feel sorry for Arizona on the personal foul call, I wonder if they feel sorry on the bad no-trip call.

If it was the play I am thinking about, the ball was kicked loose, there was no trip involved, the guys on TV were morons for saying that there could have been one. The replays showed that. (The reason that every college football fan MUST have a DVR, so playbacks and slo-mo can let you see for yourself what the morons are going on and on about.)

PS: No dog in the fight in SEC, ACC and BIG10, yep. :D

Come on, even my GT team can't lose this one! (Says I, hoping like hell!) :D
You would think so. But as a Tech Sophomore in 1990, I remember our National Championship team being tied by a non too particularly good Tarheels team.

And in the recent years losing to some pretty bad Virginia teams, like last years (5-7) that knocked us out of the rankings. Virginia did the same thing in 2005.

Ma Tech just has a bad habit of losing to bad Virginia teams.

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)