NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

In college football, a term some of us are familiar with is "The look ahead game."

That's when a team plays a week before a HUGE game, and looks sloppy that day.

(Feel free to come up with your own example).

On Halloween night, the big games are USC at Oregon and Texas at Oklahoma State.

Which of these teams could possibly be caught looking ahead to Halloween?

In college football, a term some of us are familiar with is "The look ahead game."

That's when a team plays a week before a HUGE game, and looks sloppy that day.

(Feel free to come up with your own example).

On Halloween night, the big games are USC at Oregon and Texas at Oklahoma State.

Which of these teams could possibly be caught looking ahead to Halloween?
I've already got Texas going down. I think Oregon could be in danger too. Washington is no sloutch, and the Ducks are usually terrible on the road.

I've already got Texas going down. I think Oregon could be in danger too. Washington is no sloutch, and the Ducks are usually terrible on the road.

That's a bold prediction.

Mizzou has lost two games in a row, and they haven't looked too good in their last two games against Nebraska and Okie State.

"The same group of officials called the LSU-Georgia game earlier this month, which included a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty the league said shouldn't have been called.

"A series of calls that have occurred during the last several weeks have not been to the standard that we expect from our officiating crews," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said Wednesday. "I believe our officiating program is the best in the country. However, there are times when these actions must be taken.""

"The SEC says the crew will be removed from its next scheduled assignment Oct. 31 and will not be assigned to officiate as a crew until Nov. 14."

Why are they going to turn these clowns loose again on the sport? They have already proven that they are incapable of making good calls, haven't they? Just how bad to they have to be in order to be banned forever?

"The same group of officials called the LSU-Georgia game earlier this month, which included a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty the league said shouldn't have been called.

"A series of calls that have occurred during the last several weeks have not been to the standard that we expect from our officiating crews," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said Wednesday. "I believe our officiating program is the best in the country. However, there are times when these actions must be taken.""
"The SEC says the crew will be removed from its next scheduled assignment Oct. 31 and will not be assigned to officiate as a crew until Nov. 14."

Why are they going to turn these clowns loose again on the sport? They have already proven that they are incapable of making good calls, haven't they? Just how bad to they have to be in order to be banned forever?
If they would allow replay and turnover of bad calls, this problem would go away.

Q: With Bradford's 2nd injury to his throwing shoulder, does this now mean Colt McCoy AND possibly Tim Tebow jumped ahead of him in the 2010 NFL Draft Class?

I just don't see how Tebow is gonna make a good PRO QB....I really don't. Against teams that have defensive coordinators with PRO experience(Arkansas and Tennessee)....he was just average. And HOW many times has he thrown this year? 110 times and is averaging 172 yards a game? The game at the next level is SOOO much faster.

I mean look at McCoy, he has 56 more COMPLETIONS than Tebow has ATTEMPTS.

Personally, I STILL think it is too early to say WHO is the top QB for the next draft.

I just don't see how Tebow is gonna make a good PRO QB....I really don't. Against teams that have defensive coordinators with PRO experience(Arkansas and Tennessee)....he was just average. And HOW many times has he thrown this year? 110 times and is averaging 172 yards a game? The game at the next level is SOOO much faster.

Personally, I STILL think it is too early to say WHO is the top QB for the next draft.
Yeah I think there's a lot of risk with this group of QB's. The reason why guys like Matt Ryan, Jor Flacco, and Mark Sanchez have done well is thy played in pro style offenses in college. All these spread option QB's will be in for a rude awakening in the NFL.

Totally agree, I will be very surprised if Tebow is an effective NFL QB. He will not be running over linebackers in the NFL like he does in college.

NFL linebackers are bigger and faster than Tebow. And they're not a happy group.

Sandra

Last edited:
Q: With Bradford's 2nd injury to his throwing shoulder, does this now mean Colt McCoy AND possibly Tim Tebow jumped ahead of him in the 2010 NFL Draft Class?
Mel Kiper has Jake Locker as the #1 QB right now with Jimmy Clausen 2nd if he should come out. Bradford is 3rd.

If they would allow replay and turnover of bad calls, this problem would go away.

Very true. The NCAA should change the rules to allow coaches to appeal everything, not just some things. Give each team 2 wrong appeals per game and keep track of the number of reversed calls by official. If an official has more than a determined metric of bad calls, fire the guy, they are not doing this for free (the average 1-a ref makes around 1k per game, plus expenses.)

The way it is going now, if the games are NOT fixed, it sure looks like attempts are made at doing so. :(

Tonight could be Bowden's last stand- FSU vs. UNC.

The comeback against UNC was interesting. FSU looked like a 1-AA team in the 1st half, but one call against them was interesting. I was under the impression that if the QB's arm was in a forward motion and the ball came loose, it was an incomplete pass, not a fumble. The replay in the 1st half of the fumble sure looked like the QB was in forward motion.

FSU did mount a nice effort in the 2nd half and the game ended up going as expected, although the "trick plays" used by UNC were funny. Sand-lot football at its best. :D

Botch Davis blows another one. I just want to know this: Did Botch have another nervous breakdown* following that UNC meltdown?

For those not familiar with the nervous breakdown reference, Botch Davis citied this as a reason for him not being able to handle the Browns head coaching job at Cleveland.

Duck and cover, boys. Anders is about to blow a fuse.

In the words of KCK: ...TICK! ...TICK! ... TICK! ...
That game was just sickening. I knew our offense was bad, but the defense had been solid. Guess who collapses? I have no illusions about what's in store for us next week in Blacksburg. All I can say is thank God basketball season is around the corner.

That game was just sickening. I knew our offense was bad, but the defense had been solid. Guess who collapses? I have no illusions about what's in store for us next week in Blacksburg. All I can say is thank God basketball season is around the corner.

We're all looking forward to Hansbrough's 15th season in Chapel Hill...:D

Sandra

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)