NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

New BCS Rankings. USC and TCU up, Boise St and Cincinnati down.

2009 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 9 - ESPN

1. Florida
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Iowa
5. USC
6. TCU
7. Boise St
8. Cincinnati
9. LSU
10. Oregon

Cincy is not getting any recognition or respect - due to being in the Big East no doubt. I've been to several of their games this year to see my daughter in the band. The Bearcats are very capable of beating both TCU and Boise St, and probably Iowa as well.

LSU is sitting the prettiest out of all of them. If they win out (don't get me wrong - I know that's an improbable "if"), their schedule will be enough to jump them to BCS top 2.

BCS standings: LSU Tigers could be the fourth team to control its destiny - ESPN :)

Last edited:
Helluva game by Iowa and Michigan State. The stunned looks on Spartan faces was priceless on the last second, 4th down TD by Stanzi.

And I tell you what. This Ricky Stanzi is impressing the hell out of me. He might just be the best QB in the Big-10 right now. I'm just mad the Buckeyes never recruited him. Especially since he's a local boy (Mentor, Ohio).

Take that Tebow!

“I’d like to take this opportunity to point out that Pryor didn’t shy away from the media like Tim Tebow did after a poor performance Saturday in a win (!) over Mississippi State. Pryor has received much more criticism in a year and a half than Tebow has in three-and-a-half seasons, but Pryor never dodged reporters after a game, no matter how poorly he played.”

Buckeyes' Pryor grows up on, off the field - Big Ten - ESPN

Cincy dropping despite a lopsided win over a I-A opponent

UF and Alabama getting gift calls in close wins

...the fix is in, folks. this is getting silly...

Helluva game by Iowa and Michigan State… This Ricky Stanzi is impressing the hell out of me.

He hasn't been pretty, but he has been effective. He's stepped up every time he's been needed. Hard to ask for more.

Cincy is not getting any recognition or respect - due to being in the Big East no doubt. I've been to several of their games this year to see my daughter in the band. The Bearcats are very capable of beating both TCU and Boise St, and probably Iowa as well.

LSU is sitting the prettiest out of all of them. If they win out (don't get me wrong - I know that's an improbable "if"), their schedule will be enough to jump them to BCS top 2.

BCS standings: LSU Tigers could be the fourth team to control its destiny - ESPN :)

Agreed. While I've hammered the Big Least repeatedly and deservedly so, this Cincy team is a legitimate Top Ten program.

By far the Best team since the reconfiguration of the Big East.

As for BCS Teams with a shot at winning it all.

Mostly the usual suspects

From the SEC:
Florida
Alabama
LSU

From the Big 12
Texas

From the PAC 10
USC

In most seasons past,Oregon would have a shot with a possible win over USC in a one loss season but the Boise State loss does them in completely.

From the ACC: Nobody

From the Big 10:Iowa in Name only. They are the worst 7-0 team I'ver ever seen from a BCS Conference.

From the Big East: Cincy a minor shot, talent is probably there but their Confernce affilliation will hurt them by the Big East schedule yielding W's over a sea of mediocrity.

TCU- Boise State - No shot

But if Oregan keeps winning it makes Boise State look that much better.

and if they do get to a game against a legitimate opponent, they will be embarrassed as "unbeaten Hawaii" was against UGA a few years back. One lucky win + beating a bunch of no-talents = no legitimate claim in any kind of title game.
Utah wasn't embarassed.
Granted the Mountain West is several notches above the WAC. But with the exception of USC, the WAC is about even with the Pac10.

and if they do get to a game against a legitimate opponent, they will be embarrassed as "unbeaten Hawaii" was against UGA a few years back. One lucky win + beating a bunch of no-talents = no legitimate claim in any kind of title game.

So what was it then when they beat Oklahoma a few years back? Dumb luck?:rolleyes:

Utah wasn't embarassed.
Granted the Mountain West is several notches above the WAC. But with the exception of USC, the WAC is about even with the Pac10.
No way. The WAC is absolutely terrible! Outside of Boise St they have some of the worst teams in the country. The Pac 10 has Oregon, Arizona, and Cal who are all top 25, or close to it, teams. And teams like Washington and Stanford have shown that they're no pushovers anymore.

No way. The WAC is absolutely terrible! Outside of Boise St they have some of the worst teams in the country. The Pac 10 has Oregon, Arizona, and Cal who are all top 25, or close to it, teams. And teams like Washington and Stanford have shown that they're no pushovers anymore.

Agree wholeheartedly with Anders here.

Boise State had a nice win against Oklahoma a couple years back and they get praise and full credit for it, but IMO it was a fluke Win. Doesn't change the fact though they did win.

Boise State is a good program that has it's reputation enhanced by playing the role of big fish in a small pond.

The WAC Confernce is absolutely terrible. Several notches below the MTN West Conference.

No way to prove this ,but IMO Boise State would be hard pressed to be a .500 Team(in conference) in at least 5 of the 6 BCS Conferences and quite possibly all 6.

Only way Boise State proves their mettle would be to go on the road for the next 3-4 seasons and play BCS schools competetively and sprinkle in a few wins.

Scheduling and beating Oregon this past season was a good start.

And no, no BCS school is going to go home and home over a two year span.(Ther's no payday for BCS Schools to travel to Boise) Boise needs to realize this and settle for playing the matchups out of conference on the road.

Until they do this there's no road to a BCS Championship Game the WAC Confernce is just too weak.

So what was it then when they beat Oklahoma a few years back? Dumb luck?:rolleyes:

BS crushed OK, right? By one point, in OT, as I recall. And yes, that 2 point call in OT was gutsy against the OK line.

BTW, that was the same year that OK lost starting and backup QBs at start of season (kicked the off the team), Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone in the Texas game (didn't play in Fiesta Bowl), etc., so don't confuse the team that played against BS with the one that crushed a lot of excellent teams. :)

Let's look at the USA Today computer poll of college football conferences:

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS
1 PAC-10 (A) = 79.64 79.27 ( 1) 10
2 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 78.97 79.04 ( 2) 12
3 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 75.16 75.32 ( 3) 12
4 BIG EAST (A) = 74.68 74.81 ( 4) 8
5 BIG TEN (A) = 74.23 74.21 ( 6) 11
6 BIG 12 (A) = 73.88 74.26 ( 5) 12
7 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 71.97 70.65 ( 7) 3
8 MOUNTAIN WEST (A) = 70.08 70.13 ( 8) 9
9 WESTERN ATHLETIC (A) = 67.31 68.36 ( 9) 9

Yep, the PAC10, rated at #1 is equal to the MWAC (#8) and WAC (#9). Everyone knows that with the new math, 1 = 8 and 1 = 9. :D

Source:
USATODAY.com

Redskins Vinnie Cerrato resigns!

Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)