NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

As a Navy fan and former season ticket holder, let me add my $.02. These young men run this offense full speed in practice and do it well. NO PRACTICE TEAM for any other school can duplicate it in practice. They can run it very fundamentally, but not with the speed and precision that the Middies do. Living in Maryland and having the opportunity to watch the gamesmanship and sportsmanship of the young athletes has been one of the greatest sporting pleasures of my life. And please keep in mind,that unlike some football factories, they also have a very rigid class schedule. If any of you who have not done so, want to spend a great weekend, plan a tour of Annapolis and the academy. Beep twice when you go through Frederick.

As a Navy fan and former season ticket holder, let me add my $.02. These young men run this offense full speed in practice and do it well. NO PRACTICE TEAM for any other school can duplicate it in practice. They can run it very fundamentally, but not with the speed and precision that the Middies do. Living in Maryland and having the opportunity to watch the gamesmanship and sportsmanship of the young athletes has been one of the greatest sporting pleasures of my life. And please keep in mind,that unlike some football factories, they also have a very rigid class schedule. If any of you who have not done so, want to spend a great weekend, plan a tour of Annapolis and the academy. Beep twice when you go through Frederick.

I would put Georgia Tech as the only other school in that category as far as running the offense that well.

If only Salsa was not on his vacation- I'd love to get his thoughts on this game.

His Hurricanes won a thriller.
Expect to the see Miami in the next top 25. All of a sudden that brutal opening stretch doesn't seem so bad. Oklahoma had better hope Sam Bradford is back when they take on Miami.

Those 2 are easilly the class of the ACC. It's not even close, from what I saw this weekend.

Expect to the see Miami in the next top 25. All of a sudden that brutal opening stretch doesn't seem so bad. Oklahoma had better hope Sam Bradford is back when they take on Miami.
Even with Bradford back, Miami might be a tough win for OU on the road this year.

Very interesting game between Navy and Ohio State.

Buckeyes start strong, Navy comes back, has chance to tie game, Buckeyes return two-point conversion for two points.

I'm sure HD had a few panic attacks in the second half. That was too close for comfort- still, unlike last year against Ohio, they never allowed their opponent to get the lead and, most importantly, they have NO INJURIES heading into the USC game.

Navy is no pushover. They consistently lead College in rushing and are one of the least penalized teams in the country. They are very disciplined and NEVER give up. Plus, they run the very unique triple option which can be difficult to defend. Navy's offensive line, which is smaller than just about every defensive opponent they face, uses the "chop block" which is illegal in the pro's. If you watch them, they block at the knees or below. Navy's strategy is to get the opposing D-Line to their knees. The Mid-Shipman are a pesky bunch and this form of play is why they can give plenty teams a scare.

To be honest, I never worried about the game today, I felt comfortable that IF they did fall behind that they would do what it took to win the game ....
That said, yes, it should not have been that close ...

Ohio State was a 22 point pick, but then again, if ya want to win with the Bucks, never pick them to cover the spread and you'll do fine over the year.

The Bucks NEVER blow opponents out. It's not Tressel's style.

Nope, no problem here.

Next week I have a real problem, I've got 10 people coming over to see the game and also found out last week that my Niece is getting married at 5 PM on Sat with a reception following .....

What can I do ?
What would you guy's do ?

Not really sure what to expect next week for the game .... will it be a Good game or an Ugly game ?

Sounds like you had plans in place prior to knowing about the wedding. I say send her an envelope with a few extra bucks and she'll forgive you for not attending.

Go Bucks!!!

Indeed! College Football is better when those two teams are relevant.
For people in the midwest it is, for the rest of the country it doesn't matter.
The powers of college football change and yet college football still continues.
Army & Navy used to the be the great powers, and for a long time National Championship meant Alabama, yet we survived when none of those teams were relevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)