NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

I do not agree with USC being as high as they are. I mean really? They beat a bad Notre Dame team, barely. They barely got by a bad Ohio State team. Got beat by a team that lost every game last year. and has not really had any other big wins this year. How are they ahead of an undefeated, Big East and an undefeated Big 10 team? or even a 1 loss Miami team whos schedule was by far a tougher one then USC. There one loss came on a very rainy muddy day against a very good VTech team. Who took Alabama to ropes, who beat Nebraska and only other loss was to a GaTech team, at home, by just 5 points. (A GaTech team that Miami beat. Handily.

So The overrated Trojans need to drop down a few notches.

USC's high ranking is based on their reputation, not what they have done.

USC's high ranking is based on their reputation, not what they have done.

unfortunately, the same could be said about The U's ranking. HOW they are ranked BELOW USC with Miami playing a tougher schedule is beyond me. And I am still not convinced by Boise State. They have not beaten ANYONE worth spit. The way I see it, only Florida, Alabama, Texas and Cincinnati should be ahead of The U.:confused:

Wow Tech is beating up on Nebraska.

Iowa takes control of the Big Ten.

USC putting the final nail in Notre Dames ranking hopes

Texas gets it done against OK. Bradford hurt again. What a bad way to end your senior year. Sucks for that guy.

Boise St remains undefeated..

Did I mention OSU got creamed (not beat but creamed) by Purdue?

Bradford's actually a Junior.

Have to agree with the AP polls putting Alabama as number 1. Between 1 and 2 is not really that important as far as possible national title shot goes so I think have Bama at number one shows that they have played better so far this year then fla.

Also, AP poll is irrelevant as far as BCS goes. They don't use the AP poll in the BCS.

at least the AP sees that Florida's "win" was a fraud

I think you're whining a bit too much about this...but your avatar cracks me up.

image.php
:D

Here are my random thoughts on today in college football:

1. If USC does not drop in the polls after nearly choking a 20-point lead, then it goes to show the preferential treatment they get from the pollsters. USC is the most overranked team in the country- they are ranked #6 on their reputation. USC-defenders like Anders need to wake up and realize that they are not as good as they used to be- 20-point leads should be a lock, not something you nearly fritter away. They are a few plays away from being 3-3 like Oklahoma. I'm not pro-Irish, but anti-USC.

2. Good bounceback by Cal, especially Jahvid Best.

3. Texas and Penn State had the best defensive performances of the day.

4. The ACC is tipsy-turvy once again, thanks to VaTech's loss.

5. Best individual performances of the day- Mark Ingram and Josh Nesbitt.
Sorry for not being able to weigh in over the weekend. My modem broke so I was without internet service for a couple of days. Here are my thoughts on this weekend's action.

1. Florida - overrated. Plain and simple.

2. Texas-OU was overhyped and under delivered, just like most Ohio St Michigan games. Talk about ugly football. Tough break for Bradford, but OU still nearly won. Consider me unimpressed with Texas. Got them on upset alert this week at Missouri.

3. USC- the real deal. They came, they saw, they conquered. They even came through after the officials gave ND an extra play (stuff like that is why people HATE ND!).

4. Alabama is solid too. Although they could sure use a decent QB. Funny how a school that produced Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Ken Stabler looks like they don't know the meaning of the foward pass. Oh well, LSU and Florida's offenses suck too.

5. Ohio St - It is what it is. Terrelle Pryor stinks. Although I'm sure that won't stop Jimbo from arguing that the Buckeyes still get no respect and should be ranked in the top 5. :rolleyes:

6. OMG is NC State bad or what? They've allowed 101 points in their last 2 games! So funny to watch BC beat the sh*t out of them after Tom O'Brien bailed on them. Games like that make you believe in karma. :D

7. That option GT runs is sick. Sooner or later people will figure it out, but it doesn't look like it'll happen this year. Now if they'd just quit pitching the ball they'd never have to give it up.

8. The BCS rankings are absurd, but what else do you expect? Boise St better start falling soon.

I think Terrell Pryor is caught somewhere between his great running ability and wanting to run, and his poor throwing ability and him also wanting to do that.

This guy is thinking too much instead of reacting and making plays, I think that fault should be on The Vest.

Pryor should have a better grasp of the offense and the ability to read the defense and know where to go with the ball, and I think that is Pryor's fault.

edit: Not trying to bash OSU, just calling how I see it. /shrug

Last edited:
Sorry for not being able to weigh in over the weekend. My modem broke so I was without internet service for a couple of days. Here are my thoughts on this weekend's action.

1. Florida - overrated. Plain and simple.

2. Texas-OU was overhyped and under delivered, just like most Ohio St Michigan games. Talk about ugly football. Tough break for Bradford, but OU still nearly won. Consider me unimpressed with Texas. Got them on upset alert this week at Missouri.

3. USC- the real deal. They came, they saw, they conquered. They even came through after the officials gave ND an extra play (stuff like that is why people HATE ND!).

4. Alabama is solid too. Although they could sure use a decent QB. Funny how a school that produced Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Ken Stabler looks like they don't know the meaning of the foward pass. Oh well, LSU and Florida's offenses suck too.

5. Ohio St - It is what it is. Terrelle Pryor stinks. Although I'm sure that won't stop Jimbo from arguing that the Buckeyes still get no respect and should be ranked in the top 5. :rolleyes:

6. OMG is NC State bad or what? They've allowed 101 points in their last 2 games! So funny to watch BC beat the sh*t out of them after Tom O'Brien bailed on them. Games like that make you believe in karma. :D

7. That option GT runs is sick. Sooner or later people will figure it out, but it doesn't look like it'll happen this year. Now if they'd just quit pitching the ball they'd never have to give it up.

8. The BCS rankings are absurd, but what else do you expect? Boise St better start falling soon.

BITE ME

And you guy's wonder where all the Buckeye fans that use to be here went .....
It's no wonder they don't speak up anymore.
Aren't they all on that Buckeye Nation site where you say something negative about the Bucknuts and you're banned? It's a big ole Buckeye circlejerk over there. ;)

Tenn @ Alabama. They gave FLA some trouble

Notre Dam @ Bostan College. The final nail in ND's coffin.. Or if a win Look out the press will tell us ND is #1 in the nation.

Iowa vs Mich State.. Iowa continues to try to be undefeated in the Big 10.

Texas Tech vd Texas AnM

Texas vs Missouri.. Upset coming? Texas did not look great against a Bradford less OK.

Also USC vs O-State. USC fans should be happy USC has such a easy schedule left.

Pretty lame weekend. I mean FLA plays Miss State so ill of course be watching that, I am already on the FLA should not be #1 bandwagon but if they do not crush M State, and the BCS keeps FLA number 1 over Alabama (if they beat Tenn without to much trouble) then they are completely out of their minds.

Notre Dam @ Bostan College. The final nail in ND's coffin.. Or if a win Look out the press will tell us ND is #1 in the nation.

Texas Tech vd Texas AnM

Texas vs Missouri.. Upset coming? Texas did not look great against a Bradford less OK.

Also USC vs O-State. USC fans should be happy USC has such a easy schedule left.

Pretty lame weekend. I mean FLA plays Miss State so ill of course be watching that, I am already on the FLA should not be #1 bandwagon but if they do not crush M State, and the BCS keeps FLA number 1 over Alabama (if they beat Tenn without to much trouble) then they are completely out of their minds.
The BC-ND game is in South Bend.

I've got Texas going down to Missouri.

The Thursday game is Florida St-UNC. Not as big as it once seemed it would be, but hopefully Carolina will send old man Bowden one step closer to retirement.

Texas Tech vd Texas AnM

I take it you were really impressed by the 13 points of offense they put up against the gamecocks. I mean who else could do that? Totally blown away:rolleyes:

Unless young McElroy starts throwing the ball with some consistancy, Tennessee's D will keep them in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts