NCAA Football 2011-2012

No one here maybe.
I have seen a few boards where it is the preferred matchup.

I will admit that by large, most SEC fans want it compared to other fans. For obvious reasons on both sides. It would give the SEC HUGE bragging rights, and many cant stand that. :D

msmith198025 said:
They most likely will be considering the whole scope of the weekend. And that may change next weekend as I still see Oklahoma beating them.

After watching OU lose in a must win last night, I'm not so sure. That is a toss up I think.

My question is, even if you dont want to see an all SEC game, who could you replace one of them with and still have a valid argument that you got the best in the game?
Stanford? Oregon handled them easily.
Ok State? With that loss and compared to the SEC losses?
Boise? Nope, weak schedule, although they did beat Georgia
VT? Please
Houston? Even weaker schedule than Boise. I question their inclusion in the top 10.

So who would it be and still be able to argue, we matched the best?

No one here maybe.
I have seen a few boards where it is the preferred matchup.

I will admit that by large, most SEC fans want it compared to other fans. For obvious reasons on both sides. It would give the SEC HUGE bragging rights, and many cant stand that. :D

I will give credit that the SEC is the best football conference over the past 10 years and there will be a SEC team in the NCG once again. The other conferences will have their day again and the balance of power will be restored.

After watching OU lose in a must win last night, I'm not so sure. That is a toss up I think.

Yeah, i just had a feeling about that game. Of course after last night it isnt as strong, but i still see that Oklahoma will win because they are "supposed" to.
No offense to OK state fans. Its kind of the Bama/Auburn mentality I guess.

I will give credit that the SEC is the best football conference over the past 10 years and there will be a SEC team in the NCG once again. The other conferences will have their day again and the balance of power will be restored.

Yes, the balance will eventually shift, it always does. Im just enjoying the ride:up

I feel it's going to be Bama and either LSU or Arkansas, as long as Auburn doesn't pull off a major upset in the Iron Bowl. If Arkansas wins out they're in. If they lose to Georgia, then a one loss LSU is in. If LSU wins out they're in. If they lose to Georgia, BCS points still put them in, especially if OU defeats OSU. Stanford's destruction at the hands of a two loss Oregon that lost to LSU keeps them out. Boise St., VT, and UH don't have the resumes. Just my opinion.

Yep right now, Bama is sitting in the best spot.
Not playing in the SEC game will actually be a bonus for them as far as getting to the NCG is concerned (a potential stumbling block ,with little reward in going farther). Very odd that that is the case, but this has been a very strange year.

msmith198025 said:
Yep right now, Bama is sitting in the best spot.
Not playing in the SEC game will actually be a bonus for them as far as getting to the NCG is concerned (a potential stumbling block ,with little reward in going farther). Very odd that that is the case, but this has been a very strange year.

And another reason for some type of playoff system or serious BCS overhaul.

What a good weekend for College football! Lots of upsets heres how the BCS is going to play out

1. LSU unanimous.
2. Alabama
3. Arkansas
4. Oklahoma State
5. Virignia Tech
6. Stanford
(Although I think Stanford should be ahead of Vtech, and would of jumped them had they not struggled with Cal, because of VTechs almost loss to NC. If Stanford can man handle ND next week and VTech struggles against Virginia I can see them jumping them next week)
7. Boise St
8. Houston
9. South Carolina
10. Kansas St
11. Georgia

Next week could be very interesting. If GA beats GaTech and SCAR beats Clemson well we could very well see 5 SEC teams in the top 10.

Although I posted the opposite above, if OSU wins the Big12, don't necessarily count them out of the NC after all the SEC games are resolved. Voters against rematches could play a huge part in this when all is said and done.

Although I posted the opposite above, if OSU wins the Big12, don't necessarily count them out of the NC after all the SEC games are resolved. Voters against rematches could play a huge part in this when all is said and done.

OSU and Stanford both have a championship game to play for that could very well give them a huge boost over the 2 leftover SEC Teams. Vtechs title game more then likly will be against Clemson and IF they win it will barely give them a boost because of Clemsons poor play. and If Clemson beats VTech again well they will drop like a rock.

I think a big 12 Champion OSU or a PAC12 Champion Stanford could very well jump Alabama. Because of the human voters. I think Arkansas is an easy jump because well they would be a 2 loss team and no conference title, but a 1 loss Alabama while I dont think they deserved to be jumped by a 2 loss team, I think they will and Stanford or OSU will play in the big game.

I think a big 12 Champion OSU or a PAC12 Champion Stanford could very well jump Alabama. Because of the human voters. I think Arkansas is an easy jump because well they would be a 2 loss team and no conference title, but a 1 loss Alabama while I dont think they deserved to be jumped by a 2 loss team, I think they will and Stanford or OSU will play in the big game.

Why would OSU be a 2 loss team? I guess you are giving them a loss next week against OU?

Damn alot of VT haters here.... They are getting it done plain and simple!! They beat UNC whom has the same record as CAL does whom barely lost to Stanford.

If VT wins out....beating a possible UVA ranked team....and a still decent ranked Clemson team that should boost them nicely.

From here on out I'm going to just sit back and watch the chips fall... what ever happens happens while cheering my team on.

As for your list there Insider... no way should Okl St be #4 and not drop farther from getting beat by a NONE ranked... at least VT got beat by a ranked team - a team that is still damn good and just had a slip up...ask OU, it happens.

GO HOKIES!

Damn alot of VT haters here.... They are getting it done plain and simple!! They beat UNC whom has the same record as CAL does whom barely lost to Stanford.

If VT wins out....beating a possible UVA ranked team....and a still decent ranked Clemson team that should boost them nicely.

From here on out I'm going to just sit back and watch the chips fall... what ever happens happens while cheering my team on.

As for your list there Insider... no way should Okl St be #4 and not drop farther from getting beat by a NONE ranked... at least VT got beat by a ranked team - a team that is still damn good and just had a slip up...ask OU, it happens.

GO HOKIES!

Even though I don't personally like VT, I could also see a 12-1 VT jump an 11-1 Alabama in the polls. I would rather see an SEC vs VT game than a SEC vs SEC game.

Big East Expansion?

When will Ohio State get the final resolution from the NCAA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)