NCAA Football 2011-2012

Damn alot of VT haters here.... They are getting it done plain and simple!! They beat UNC whom has the same record as CAL does whom barely lost to Stanford.

If VT wins out....beating a possible UVA ranked team....and a still decent ranked Clemson team that should boost them nicely.

From here on out I'm going to just sit back and watch the chips fall... what ever happens happens while cheering my team on.

As for your list there Insider... no way should Okl St be #4 and not drop farther from getting beat by a NONE ranked... at least VT got beat by a ranked team - a team that is still damn good and just had a slip up...ask OU, it happens.

GO HOKIES!

Because VTech has beat no one? The same reason you harp against Boise St being in the mix. VTech has beat no one and the only top ranked team they played (A team who we now know is not that great) kicked there butt? The other team in the top 25 they played GaTech has also not been impressive to anyone.

The AP seems to agree with me here is the latest AP poll just released a bit ago

1LSU (60)11-01,5001
2Alabama10-11,4403
3Arkansas10-11,3766
4Stanford10-11,2248
5Oklahoma State10-11,2062
6Virginia Tech10-11,1339
7Boise State9-11,02510
8Houston11-01,01811
9Oregon9-21,0084
10USC9-296418

Even though I don't personally like VT, I could also see a 12-1 VT jump an 11-1 Alabama in the polls. I would rather see an SEC vs VT game than a SEC vs SEC game.

I would rather see any other conference in the title game vs the sec. That is the point of the conference schedule is to get the best team from each conference. If you can't win your conference then you've had your shot at the national title and you didn't make it. Without some sort of playoff the point of the BCS should be to get the best of the conference champions in a matchup.

I would rather see any other conference in the title game vs the sec. That is the point of the conference schedule is to get the best team from each conference. If you can't win your conference then you've had your shot at the national title and you didn't make it. Without some sort of playoff the point of the BCS should be to get the best of the conference champions in a matchup.

I agree completely. And while I believe Alabama and LSU are the best teams in the country and its really no contest.

I do think though there should not be an inter-conference rematch. If LSU Wins out they won the conference and deserve to represent us in the National Title game. Alabama should represent us in the next BCS game the Sugar Bowl. Arkansas sorry you get left out after you let us lose to Ohio St....

OSU and Stanford both have a championship game to play for that could very well give them a huge boost over the 2 leftover SEC Teams.

Am I missing something?
The Big 12 has no championship game this year. There are only ten teams and you must have at least 12 to stage a conference championship game. There will be no boost for them in that regard.

Without some sort of playoff the point of the BCS should be to get the best of the conference champions in a matchup.

I disagree. I think they should get the best two teams period. Whether that is LSU and Bama, or LSU and someone else if other losses occur, I still think that.
If they are not going to put the two best teams in the "National Championship Game" then there is absolutely no point in the BCS holding the game. Just have the bowls however you want and vote it out at the end of the season.

LOL this forum is full of SEC Bias... I may as well give up.

Yeah the AP poll is out and I expected nothing less.

Just make sure you look at the Coaches Poll....that one is more right than the lame AP

and ya know what.. VT #4 according to the Coaches or the right voters!

I wouldnt call the coaches poll more accurate, but it is the one that counts in the BCS.

I think VT is too high, but that is just my opinion, and no SEC bias is factored into that.

Just make sure you look at the Coaches Poll....that one is more right than the lame AP

What does SEC Bias have to do with us picking the pac 12 or big 12 over vtech?

Both Coaches, AP, us here and the BCs (more then likely) will all agree that LSU, Alabama and Arkansas are the top three, thats where the SEC ends.

Now I will certainly take Stanford over Vtech, as Stanfords loss was to Oregon. I think the only reason the coaches put VTech above stanford is because of Oregons loss to USC (even though USC is a good team this year and while not ranked in the coaches poll they are #10 on the ap, and will likely be ranked in the BCS polls this go around.

I do understand VTech being ahead of OSU because they did lose to an unranked team.

If they are not going to put the two best teams in the "National Championship Game" then there is absolutely no point in the BCS holding the game. Just have the bowls however you want and vote it out at the end of the season.

Isn't THAT what the BSC is doing anyways ....
Those people behind the computers can make it work to any way they want.

I HATE the Coaches Poll ... it can't possibly be accurate when the Coaches don't VOTE in it in most cases.

I would much rather MY COACH be concentrating on coaching the TEAM than watching all the OTHER teams so he can vote.

Isn't THAT what the BSC is doing anyways ....
Those people behind the computers can make it work to any way they want.

I would say that most years they have gotten it right, regardless of the criticism that the BCS takes.
What I was arguing against is the factor that some want, in that it should be just between conference champions (whichever ones) and not necessarily between the best teams.
I think the best two teams should be in the "championship" game, otherwise, there is no point in hosting it in the way that the BCS does.

I would say that most years they have gotten it right, regardless of the criticism that the BCS takes.
What I was arguing against is the factor that some want, in that it should be just between conference champions (whichever ones) and not necessarily between the best teams.
I think the best two teams should be in the "championship" game, otherwise, there is no point in hosting it in the way that the BCS does.

You can do away with the BSC as far as I'm concerned, and take the NCAA with them.

A little bias in that statement? ;)
I might feel the same (pretty much did when it was Bama) if the NCAA was most likely about to drop the hammer on my program.

So if Bama meets LSU in the championship game and wins, then how are they the champs since it would then be 1-1 between them and LSU. The conference schedules and championships have to mean something otherwise do away with them and give everyone a random 10 or 12 game schedule computer or randomly drawn each year.

Why should LSU be penalized in having already beaten Bama and then have to go play a conference championship game only to give Bama another chance

LSU would certainly have a legitimate argument if the NCG was close like the regular season game (which is why you hear Bama fans wanting this game bad, and many LSU fans as well).

If it is a decisive victory either way, I dont think there will be a significant uproar from either team, or a legitimate one from any outside sources either.

And again, I dont see who else you could put in it that would have a legitimate argument in jumping bama (assuming they win out). The only argument Ive really seen is some people just dont want to see it again. I havent seen a good one why any of the ones right under them are better and deserve the shot.
I listed the other one loss possibilities in another post.

I wouldnt call the coaches poll more accurate, but it is the one that counts in the BCS.

I think VT is too high, but that is just my opinion, and no SEC bias is factored into that.

See if you put VT matched with Stanford both teams won games over teams with the exact same record..but lets keep in mind last weeks AP polls..they were a bit diff from the BCS anyway so I'll ignore it for now. VT is a good team..they have shown that even with one loss just like the other 1 loss teams out there and deserve to be considered. I'd much rather see two other teams in the NC than LSU or Bama....already seen this and over hyped, don't need all that again.

VT is right where they belong and deserve..they won games - 10 of them and still could win out and deserve credit if both these next two teams are ranked.

What does SEC Bias have to do with us picking the pac 12 or big 12 over vtech?

Both Coaches, AP, us here and the BCs (more then likely) will all agree that LSU, Alabama and Arkansas are the top three, thats where the SEC ends.

Now I will certainly take Stanford over Vtech, as Stanfords loss was to Oregon. I think the only reason the coaches put VTech above stanford is because of Oregons loss to USC (even though USC is a good team this year and while not ranked in the coaches poll they are #10 on the ap, and will likely be ranked in the BCS polls this go around.

I do understand VTech being ahead of OSU because they did lose to an unranked team.

VT's only loss was to a top 15 team a team that made it all the way to #7... slipped up once to fight back to that point before slipping up again. This happens on any givin saturday but the ONLY reason Coaches put VT ahead is cause they are the better team right now. VT is doing what it needs to do and that's win regardless of style points...at one time many teams including Bama get ahead but let the other team come back on them a little just like UNC did, but ya know what - VT won and that's what matters.

When I say SEC Bias I'm talking about HERE....in this forum for the most part - you're signature reeks of it.

VT's only loss was to a top 15 team a team that made it all the way to #7... slipped up once to fight back to that point before slipping up again. This happens on any givin saturday but the ONLY reason Coaches put VT ahead is cause they are the better team right now. VT is doing what it needs to do and that's win regardless of style points...at one time many teams including Bama get ahead but let the other team come back on them a little just like UNC did, but ya know what - VT won and that's what matters.

When I say SEC Bias I'm talking about HERE....in this forum for the most part - you're signature reeks of it.

Vtech is winning against garbage teams. Of course they are playing great..

And sorry but Clemson is not nearly as good as you try to make them out to be. They also beat Garbage teams and lost to garbage teams. The only team of note Clemson beat was a Auburn team who we all know now was not as good as anticipated. Losing now 4 games. And after next week more then likely a 5th loss.

Yes I do favor the SEC. Yes I do support the SEC. There is no argument at all that they are the strongest conference in the BCS the last several years. Hell next weekend we could very well have 5 teams in the top 10.

We will see this bowl season how good they really are.

BTW i will be rooting for VTech to make it to the title game. So LSU can completely destroy them. Id hate for you guys to be stuck playing some conference usa team like Houston. Cause then you'd get a free bcs bowl win. Id hate for you guys to be stuck playing a good team. Like Stanford.

Big East Expansion?

When will Ohio State get the final resolution from the NCAA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)