NCAA Football 2011-2012

I could make a good argument for the cowboys, only loss was in OT, beat several teams that are still ranked. But beyond them and Alabama, I can't see anyone else due to weak schedules and bad losses.

They lost to a team that wasn't even ranked though. Right?

Yes, but in OT so was a close game. If they beat the sooners they whould have beaten 5 teams that are still ranked.So they do have a good argument, and probably why the computers have them practically tied with bama.

That is what holds them back for me.
It was a close game, and in overtime, but so was Bama's lone loss, and to the number one team.

I will admit though that Ok State does have the best argument out of any other contenders.

What if Oregon had only one loss and would be playing LSU again? Would you be saying the same thing? I highly doubt it.

Oregon would have to win the Pac-12 championship game to get there. ONE of my problems with Alabama is that they don't even qualify for the SEC championship game, so they can't lose it.

They basically get a bye for finishing second, and the first place team (LSU) has to play their way into the national championship game. Something wrong with that.

Sandra

Not sure how much this should factor in, but it should at the very least be mentioned that the Oklahoma State football team lost that game right after the whole school and community went into mourning over the tragic plane crash that took two lives of fellow State coaches.

Sandra

Not sure how much this should factor in, but it should at the very least be mentioned that the Oklahoma State football team lost that game right after the whole school and community went into mourning over the tragic plane crash that took two lives of fellow State coaches.

Sandra

IMO has zero bearing on the Argument for/against the Cowboy's worthiness.

It was tragic as far as an event, but IMo you can't let this type stuff factor into any possible evaluations.

I'm fine with the rematch for the sole reason being that these two teams are head and shoulders the two best, not even close.

Now that said, I understand the sentiment that exists in some corners for Winning your respective Conference Championship being a requirement for entry into the BCS Championship Game.

I would even be in favor of it going forward but for now the BCS has One Objective match the top two teams be it Conference Champions or not.

So with that in mind it's a rematch of Bama and LSU even if LSU loses the SECCG.

Maybe this will be the impetus to move forward with a revamped BCS format addressing some of the concerns that have been raised. Hope so it's a terribly flawed system as currently comprised.

I tend to agree that the BCS has it right, that LSU and Alabama are #1 and #2 this year. If Alabama wants to go to New Orleans to have another shot at LSU, I wish them the best, but I expect it to be worse for Alabama. That LSU crowd is savage. I said a long time ago I wouldn't want to play LSU at the Sugar Bowl any time, and especially not for the BCS championship.

Ive been to a few LSU games, there and at other places. They have a reputation, sure, but I have found them no more overbearing than any other group of fans that are passionate about their team.

The biggest issue I have right now and I can bet everyone here will agree is seeing a possible #3 or #4 Virginia Tech play against a #23 West Virginia or unranked Big East team is just sad.. VT deserves better, a bigger team to face win or lose at least they made it and played and earned their shot at this BCS bowl game. I get sick of hearing about how low the Orange bowl is cept last year it was against Stanford whom was a very good team and showed it..so why not a rematch just like LSU and Bama is getting? Well the Fiesta picks first so of course they will go for them..but hell there are a few more teams in the top 10 that should be in that game instead of a low ranked WVA or whats left of the Big East.

UCLA fires Rick Neuheisel.

... Neuheisel is 21-28 since taking over the program in December 2007, never building the momentum he needed to reach his goal of challenging Southern California for city supremacy. Guerrero fired Neuheisel two days after UCLA's 50-0 loss to No. 9 USC, the Bruins' largest loss since 1930 in their crosstown rivalry game.

UCLA fires Rick Neuheisel; will coach Pac-12 title | NewsOK.com

The biggest issue I have right now and I can bet everyone here will agree is seeing a possible #3 or #4 Virginia Tech play against a #23 West Virginia or unranked Big East team is just sad.. VT deserves better, a bigger team to face win or lose at least they made it and played and earned their shot at this BCS bowl game. I get sick of hearing about how low the Orange bowl is cept last year it was against Stanford whom was a very good team and showed it..so why not a rematch just like LSU and Bama is getting? Well the Fiesta picks first so of course they will go for them..but hell there are a few more teams in the top 10 that should be in that game instead of a low ranked WVA or whats left of the Big East.

One reason I say get rid of AQ status.

Maybe. The game with OU this week will decide the conference championship.

OSU is already guaranteed a share of the conference title win or lose. Win and it is theirs, lose and it is a tie. The Big 12 doesn't determine a tie breaker for the conference championship, only for the conferences BCS Spot. If OU wins and K-State wins there would be a 3 way tie for the conference championship and the BCS rankings would determine the BCS spot. If K-State and OSU lose, then there is tie for the Conference title between OU and OSU, but OU would get the BCS spot based on the head to head game.

OU got the shaft last year when the Fiesta had the last choice and had UCONN, when the smart move would have been keeping Stanford on the west coast in the Fiesta, instead of sending them east to the Orange Bowl.

The BCS Rotation for picks is what it is.

It rotates yearly and the Big East team will always be the least desirable team for the bowl mavens.

Weak teams. Outside of WVA no following on the road compared to other teams.

The ACC outside of Florida State falls into a category just a notch above the Big East rep.

Teams from either of those conferences will be avoided to the extent that they can always.

Thus with the rotation being what it is for this year we will see the Va Tech/ Clemson winner matched up against the Big East rep in the most dreaded of the BCS Games.

One reason I say get rid of AQ status.

No, they just need to make some rules here to where you can't have you're AQ spot unless you are in the top 15 final BCS Rankings.

The ACC outside of Florida State falls into a category just a notch above the Big East rep.

You mean ACC outside of Virginia Tech - as its been since VT has joined the ACC they have owned it - that's a fact.

Hey, perhaps Georgia will beat LSU and keep them out of the national championship game!

Wait...what am I saying???

:eek:

Sandra

Prob won't happen no matter if Georgia shuts them out 20-0 cause voters have already filled out their final cards which is BS all around but ohh well..till you take voters out of it and leave only computers ( a new system than what it is now) you will have this bias.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts