NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: They had the same Innovated plays they've ran a few times already this year and if any Defensive Cord had half a mind he would plan for them and be ready which I believe FSU was.

Yea thats why they gave up so many points to them :D Did you see the screen play where the o line just stood still?FSU was baffled.FSU is supposed to have a solid D and they were at home so I feel Clemson did very well against them offensively.As far as being prepared,how do you prepare when they put new wrinkles in?

Yea thats why they gave up so many points to them :D Did you see the screen play where the o line just stood still?FSU was baffled.FSU is supposed to have a solid D and they were at home so I feel Clemson did very well against them offensively.As far as being prepared,how do you prepare when they put new wrinkles in?

hah yeah they've used that stand still play twice now - anyone playing them in the future should watch for that formation and know they will run to the short end of the field if they do that.

The U going into Soldier Field against Notre Dame is going to be a fun game.

On a personal note, I was so impressed with the way Coach Golden was with his frosh WR Malcolm Lewis's grotesque dislocated ankle...he held this kid like his infant child while the classy GTech medical staff and The U's medical staff had to pop the ankle in place. The video was AS BAD as when LT's sack on Joe Theisman way back when....it was that bad.

I didn't see that, but could tell just from your post !

Exactly.. Kellen Moore St is no more. That's the only real reason they were as good was due to him controlling the ball.

They won't drop off that bad. You forget that they have one of the best (if not the best) coaches in the country. He's gotten more from his players than anyone else and gotten 2&3 star recruits into the NFL. They also lost their offensive coordinator again this year and another couple of coaches that moved on up.

... If you are implying cause VT is #25th in it vs the other then thats rubbish. I was looking at the whole poll...
whatever.gif

No I'm serious - I wasn't implying no such thing and the thought is rubbish and typical of these forums it seems. I was looking at the whole poll as it seems is always more accurate than AP IMO.

Glad yaz96 felt the need to dislike this post. Seems some can't take what others say seriously - its just a game people. I've always felt the Coaches poll was more of a better poll to follow than the AP no matter who's in the top 25. But yes Yaz96 feel free to dislike all most posts...I really don't give a sh*t.

Not so sure that I agree there about the Coaches poll. It has been well talked about how the coaches do not have time to actually see these other games, or are only protecting their interests, and generally just "phone it in", or have their assistants do so.

As to him disliking your post. Who cares? As you say, its just a game, and its just an internet forum, full of people that you really do not know.

So he disagreed with your opinion. Instead of posting about it he hit the dislike button. No need to get upset about it.

No I'm serious - I wasn't implying no such thing and the thought is rubbish and typical of these forums it seems. I was looking at the whole poll as it seems is always more accurate than AP IMO.
Both polls tend to be relatively the same where the top 10 are concerned, with a team or two swapped in position with another above or below it. The differences below the top 10 don't mean squat. Anytime someone says one poll is better than the other, you can bet your ass their team is in a better position in their favored poll. I've done the same quite often. Right now both polls suck since they put Oregon above LSU. ;)

In the end though, right now, the coaches poll, while maybe not "better", is more important.

It is factored into the BCS rankings (when they come out), and the AP is not.

In the end though, right now, the coaches poll, while maybe not "better", is more important.

It is factored into the BCS rankings (when they come out), and the AP is not.
The AP has been irrelevant ever since they didn't like their media darling USC being left out in 2003. Wonder how they felt about their preseason #1 favorite getting their asses kicked by lowly Stanford after only a few weeks into the season? :D

Both polls tend to be relatively the same where the top 10 are concerned, with a team or two swapped in position with another above or below it. The differences below the top 10 don't mean squat. Anytime someone says one poll is better than the other, you can bet your ass their team is in a better position in their favored poll. I've done the same quite often. Right now both polls suck since they put Oregon above LSU. ;)

But again - that had nothing to do with my stance on the poll. I don't know why you refuse to take my word for it.

So he disagreed with your opinion. Instead of posting about it he hit the dislike button. No need to get upset about it.

The dislike was just stupid - wish to dislike what I say then comment out in the open so I can follow up on the nonsense - don't cower behind a "dislike button".

The AP has been irrelevant ever since they didn't like their media darling USC being left out in 2003. Wonder how they felt about their preseason #1 favorite getting their asses kicked by lowly Stanford after only a few weeks into the season? :D

An undefeated "lowly" Stanford team, in deference to an LSU team that barely squeaked by a 1-2 team that was a missed field goal away from 0-3, ranked 119th in Passing 75th in rushing and 114th in points scored, and you're bemoaning their ranking? But, I realize you're an SEC fan and I shouldn't be cluttering your passioned arguments with facts.
But, don't disparage, they will rise again next week after they get another chance to beat up on the Little Sisters Of The Poor.

Don't you provide us with enough nonsense? :p :D

The dislike of my previous post was nonsense.. I mean really, I don't see the need of this feature to begin with but feel free to coward behind it and call me a liar when I said I believed the coaches poll was more spot on than the AP -AGAIN...... regardless of where VT was or any other team I may like watching play I still feel it was more spot on. By all means continue child like behavior and "dislike" this one too. :rolleyes:

Good Lord. Get over it. It's a feature of the Site. There was a big thread in the pub about it and it seems to be here to stay.

If someone disliking your post gets you that worked up, then take a step back and maybe take a break.

I am not saying that to be mean. I've picked with you as much as anyone else. The reason I have is you are blindly loyal. I get it. I enjoy my college football as much as anyone, and am as big of a fan of my team as anyone else as well. That is why I mess with you about yours.
If that bothers you, I for one can stop. Won't be as fun here, but I can deal with that.

Have a good night and good luck the rest of the season.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The dislike of my previous post was nonsense.. I mean really, I don't see the need of this feature to begin with but feel free to coward behind it and call me a liar when I said I believed the coaches poll was more spot on than the AP -AGAIN...... regardless of where VT was or any other team I may like watching play I still feel it was more spot on. By all means continue child like behavior and "dislike" this one too. :rolleyes:

The Like /Dislike is a function of the new software that Scott recently had installed ...
It was just a small part of it, not the main reason for the install.

As for the Polls, the Coaches poll is NEVER right.
I really don't pay any attention to it as I would rather have my teams coaches, coaching MY team than wasting time evaluating other teams that they will NOT be playing this current year.

An undefeated "lowly" Stanford team, in deference to an LSU team that barely squeaked by a 1-2 team that was a missed field goal away from 0-3, ranked 119th in Passing 75th in rushing and 114th in points scored, and you're bemoaning their ranking? But, I realize you're an SEC fan and I shouldn't be cluttering your passioned arguments with facts.
But, don't disparage, they will rise again next week after they get another chance to beat up on the Little Sisters Of The Poor.
Sounds like you're the one that's a little "passioned." Guess I hit a nerve mentioning the USC loss. Don't know why though. They didn't have much of a defense last year, and there was no reason to think that miraculously changed over the summer, especially to rate them preseason #1. Regardless, I'll try not to bring it up again. Or maybe it was the "lowly" part about Stanford that stimulated your adrenaline gland. I was being sarcastic when I put that in. Stanford is a good team.

As for the LSU ranking this week, I'm fine with it. They played terribly offensively against lowly Auburn (not being sarcastic this time;)), fumbling and dropping passes the entire game. Not sure if it was due to their first game on the road in hostile SEC territory, or their lack of talent on offense. I'm just glad they still had the defense to pull out the win and I'll take that #3 ranking anyday (would've taken a #4). That's enough to keep them in the running for an NC if they are capable. Could've lost all that just like the Trojans did...oops, said I wouldn't bring that up again...sorry. :)

...As for the Polls, the Coaches poll is NEVER right.
I really don't pay any attention to it as I would rather have my teams coaches, coaching MY team than wasting time evaluating other teams that they will NOT be playing this current year.
I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLL: Hypothetical: If Tebow and Te'o collided the results would be:

NFL Championship Sunday Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts