NCAA Football 2012-13 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a rematch with A&M.

1 good thing about last night, the Notre Dame butt kissing media is now going to finally punish them for that weak sauce schedule. Even if they go undefeated they won't make it to this game next year.

I do agree that Notre Dame was the love child that the media was looking for...ESPECIALLY since they weren't even ranked. I don't think it had anything to do with their schedule and Alabama was that much better.

Louisville supposedly had a weaker schedule thank Notre Dame and the did whatever they wanted against Florida.

Doesn't every team that loses come up with excuses for losing. Lots of people here saying ND got screwed on some calls.

They got screwed on one call....badly. BUT, the way Alabama was playing, they were really over matched from the get go. They were faster and better coached. Alabama's offensive and defensive line COMPLETELY controlled the game.

I dont recall the SEC guys here making excuses for any loss. Alabama didnt make excuses when aTm beat them. We didnt make excuses when Louisville or Clemson beat us in the bowls... We dont make excuses.

Things like "you dont play in hte cold, you dont play up north, you dont leave the south, etc etc" are all excuses everyone elses makes ;) We dont make excuses we lose we lose, it does not happen often so we just pick up and move on. id guess if you were accustomed to losing then maybe youd have excuses built up and ready to go ;)

I'm not saying it was you because I don't remember who it was. There were definitely people in this thread making excuses when Florida lost though. They were basically saying a match-up against Louisville was beneath them so their hearts weren't in it while Louisville was all fired up for their shot against the big boys.

They got screwed on one call....badly. BUT, the way Alabama was playing, they were really over matched from the get go. They were faster and better coached. Alabama's offensive and defensive line COMPLETELY controlled the game.

Exactly. I do think the punt interference early in the game was a terrible call. ND should have had the ball near the 15 when they were only down 7 but instead Alabama took it down the field and scored. Would that have made a difference in the outcome? I doubt it. It would have been nice to get on the board early though.

For those saying Texas A&M would have given them a better game... Maybe but they probably shouldn't have lost twice if they wanted a shot at the championship. Plus they were showing the difference in Alabama's defensive scheme because of that game. They knew a mobile QB beat them so they completely changed their pass rushing strategy in this game. They showed how the ends were going practically straight to the sidelines several times to keep Golson in the pocket and they used a QB spy on a lot of plays. Maybe if they keep Johnny Football in the pocket with this strategy they take it to A&M too.

As for Oregon, beat Stanford like ND did and you would have been there. I don't think it would have been a better game though. It may not have looked like it last night but ND had a good defense this year. Oregon might have scored an extra TD or two but I say they would have given up even more points. For comparison, I watched an average USC team put up 51 against them this year. Notre Dame only allowed 13 against USC.

If everyone throws their favorite team out there maybe one of them would have made it a closer game. Who knows? The bottom line is that no one else deserved to be there because they didn't handle their business during the regular season.

To clarify, I am not saying that A&M (or any other team) should have been in the championship game with 2 losses. I am simply saying they would have given them a better game than ND or OSU. Which is what was asked.

.... The bottom line is that no one else deserved to be there because they didn't handle their business during the regular season.

The is the line to end it all. Nobody else handled their business. Simple as that. Except Ohio State, BUT, if they TOO would have not lied to the NCAA about what was going on, then maybe the sanctions would not have been so bad and they might have not been banned for post season play.

...which goes back to the what King3 initially stated... They didn't "handle their business..."

Well said...!:up

I'm not saying it was you because I don't remember who it was. There were definitely people in this thread making excuses when Florida lost though. They were basically saying a match-up against Louisville was beneath them so their hearts weren't in it while Louisville was all fired up for their shot against the big boys.

But is that really an excuse or is that the truth? Louisville came out to play FLA didnt. FLA got their butts handed to them, and did not play well at all. Fact is Louisville had way more to gain with the win and Charlie strong had his team way better prepared then Will Muschamp did. Louisville was the better prepared, better motivated team and they kicked our butt. Its no excuse, we should of played harder and prepared better it is our own fault for not doing so.

What really surprised me last night was how bad Teo played. It didn't seem like he could deal with Lacey and Yeldon's speed and power. He looked totally overmatched.

Exactly. I do think the punt interference early in the game was a terrible call. ND should have had the ball near the 15 when they were only down 7 but instead Alabama took it down the field and scored. Would that have made a difference in the outcome? I doubt it. It would have been nice to get on the board early though.

For those saying Texas A&M would have given them a better game... Maybe but they probably shouldn't have lost twice if they wanted a shot at the championship. Plus they were showing the difference in Alabama's defensive scheme because of that game. They knew a mobile QB beat them so they completely changed their pass rushing strategy in this game. They showed how the ends were going practically straight to the sidelines several times to keep Golson in the pocket and they used a QB spy on a lot of plays. Maybe if they keep Johnny Football in the pocket with this strategy they take it to A&M too.

As for Oregon, beat Stanford like ND did and you would have been there. I don't think it would have been a better game though. It may not have looked like it last night but ND had a good defense this year. Oregon might have scored an extra TD or two but I say they would have given up even more points. For comparison, I watched an average USC team put up 51 against them this year. Notre Dame only allowed 13 against USC.

If everyone throws their favorite team out there maybe one of them would have made it a closer game. Who knows? The bottom line is that no one else deserved to be there because they didn't handle their business during the regular season.

oh i agree completely. No one else deserved to be in the game more than Notre Dame. While I think they played an easy schedule and never really got tested (and it showed when they played a great team) they did handle what was put in front of them and deserved the shot. Unlike say Boise, when they went undefeated at least ND did have a handful of meaningful wins against big names (although having off years) Oklahoma, Stanford, Mich, etc. Certainly better than when Boise went undefeated.

What really surprised me last night was how bad Teo played. It didn't seem like he could deal with Lacey and Yeldon's speed and power. He looked totally overmatched.

The thing about Teo is he is a good player, but he never got challanged by anyone as good as Alabamas line and rb's. Teo is great and helped ND, but a team like Alabama has a handful of "Teo's" on their roster.

To clarify, I am not saying that A&M (or any other team) should have been in the championship game with 2 losses. I am simply saying they would have given them a better game than ND or OSU. Which is what was asked.

exactly. thanks for the responses. pretty sure that would've been a better game for non Bama fans....

New locker room sign at Notre Dame.

6D7B2C01-77F4-4B5C-961A-765C767E3053-29122-000023E148ECA0DA.jpg

SEC rolls again.

Three most impressive Bowl season performances:
Alabama
Texas A&M
Louisville

Only regret that OSU didn't make into they would have taken a worse ass whipping than ND.

Final Five should have been (IMO)
1.Alabama

2.Oregon

3.Georgia

4.Texas A&M

5.Notre Dame.(Nowhere close to being the fifth best team but a recognition of their body of work and a 12-0 regular season. Actually glad to see the Irish improve.

CFB better when they are relevant (IMO.)

Last edited:
SEC rolls again.

Three most impressive Bowl season performances:
Alabama
Texas A&M
Louisville

Only regret that OSU didn't make into they would have taken a worse ass whipping than ND.
Oh, I don't know. Oklahoma State might have put up some points. :D

So tell me is this even worth watching on the dvr this afternoon or just delete it? It didn't look competitive from following the game tracker on my phone. I couldn't get the sling to keep connection with all the hospital equipment interfering.

I spent all evening at the hospital with my nephew. He took a fast ball back in the face while pitching in a preseason scrimmage yesterday afternoon. Concussion, fractured orbital socket and blurry vision until the swelling went down this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)