NCAA Football 2014 season

What i was trying to say earlier, if you only had 1 sec team with the history of the sec, would a 2 loss sec team make the playoffs while other teams only had 1 loss ?

What i was trying to say earlier, if you only had 1 sec team with the history of the sec, would a 2 loss sec team make the playoffs while other teams only had 1 loss ?
Now that the human element plays even a larger part in this, who knows what will happen. They say they will look at SOS, but even that can be relative.

Doubtful. I don't see a 2-loss team leaping a 1-loss team from another major conference. Or even a 1-loss one leaping an undefeated one.

Most of the SEC West will have at least 2 losses soon, so that is why a Big Ten 1-loss champ in Ohio St. would make the playoff.

Reactions: mccoyrj
If there any undefeated teams around, then yes.

If there are none, then only 1-loss teams need apply.
If everyone were playing comparable schedules and equal levels of competition I would agree.
They dont however, and sometimes I would say that a 2 loss team might be better than a one or even in RARE circumstances possibly an undefeated team.

For example. Say random sun belt team goes undefeated. They play the sun belt conference schedule, a FCS school, and maybe a couple of teams from Conf USA or some other mid tier conference.
They run the table.

Then you have a team like this years LSU. Say they ran the table from here out, and have two losses. One to the number 1 and one to the number 3.

There is no way that La Monroe, Troy, South Alabama (id love this) should get in over LSU IMO.
I want the best teams. Most of the time that is the teams with better records. Sometimes it is not.

Reactions: Mike0616
Now that the human element plays even a larger part in this, who knows what will happen. They say they will look at SOS, but even that can be relative.
Which is why I said when this all started, they should have kept the BCS selection criteria. It was fine in the later stages of the process, especially for selecting a top 4.
Two human polls, and a computer factor made up of multiple computer rankings with the best and worse thrown out. That takes care of any bias, a sos component can be easily added, and still gives you the eyeball test.

Keep that, add the playoff component.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Thats how I see it too.

If the O line doesn't improve greatly, I don't see them beating Michigan State either.
Id actually LOVE for OSU to go to the playoffs. It would greatly enhance the chances of any SEC that makes it winning the thing. :D

Ok, maybe I should start a new thread, maybe not, but ...

Is there official Dates for the playoffs yet and what about the Other Bowl games, outside of the Big 4 teams (2 games) theres a lot of other Big bowl games still out there ...
Does anyone have the break down of these games including the playoffs this coming winter season ?

On another note, if (when) Florida loses to Georgia this weekend, does Muschamp get canned at the end of the sesaon, and will Florida go after Ole Miss' Freeze?

Were is The Insider when we need him?

On another note, if (when) Florida loses to Georgia this weekend, does Muschamp get canned at the end of the sesaon, and will Florida go after Ole Miss' Freeze?

Were is The Insider when we need him?
Florida is going after Mullen first. The obvious choice.

Ok, maybe I should start a new thread, maybe not, but ...

Is there official Dates for the playoffs yet and what about the Other Bowl games, outside of the Big 4 teams (2 games) theres a lot of other Big bowl games still out there ...
Does anyone have the break down of these games including the playoffs this coming winter season ?

It's all set. Should be able to Google it. If you haven't soon I'll look it up when I get done cooking

NFL Wild Card Picks

The U...Part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts