NCAA Football 2014 season

Wait, where have we seen a sec team play, lose, and not drop?
Your kidding, right ?
this happens almost weekly.
None of the 3 polls had Michigan ranked #2 at the end of the regular season. So I don't know where you're getting this from.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_rankings

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Of course Michigan wasn't rated #2 at the end, they were removed after the loss to Ohio State, but using the sec rules, that shouldn't have happened.
If all teams had a loss, what makes Michigans loss at the end of the season any worse than someone elses 1 loss.

Michigan had no more right than Florida, and Florida had no more right than Michigan. Same with every one of the other 1 loss teams that year. But if you loss, then you pit yourself at the mercy of the polls and have no one to blame but yourselves. As it is, both Ohio St and Michigan lost convincingly in the BCS bowls and this lost any ammunition to the argument they had.
It's one thing for Michigan to complain, but for Ohio St to complain that they didn't get the opponent they wanted just shows they felt they didn't have to play a game and just wanted the trophy handed to them.

Better argument have have been for Boise St who was the only other undefeated team.

Michigan had no more right than Florida, and Florida had no more right than Michigan. Same with every one of the other 1 loss teams that year. But if you loss, then you pit yourself at the mercy of the polls and have no one to blame but yourselves. As it is, both Ohio St and Michigan lost convincingly in the BCS bowls and this lost any ammunition to the argument they had.
It's one thing for Michigan to complain, but for Ohio St to complain that they didn't get the opponent they wanted just shows they felt they didn't have to play a game and just wanted the trophy handed to them.

Better argument have have been for Boise St who was the only other undefeated team.
When was this argument made ?

Dont speak if you dont have clue. The "accuser" called TPD the day after (12/7), but couldn't say who did it or remember details (yet her toxicology was clean). Jan 10 later she sees JW in a class allegedly and he just happened to be the bad guy. They start looking into it and then stop because the girl refuses to cooperate (does not show for Jan 11 interview. After no cooperation the investigation is turned inactive in Feb, because they got no more out of the girl.

It was amazingly brought back up right after he becomes frontrunner for the Heisman (Nov 12).

Don't hate because your team is a dumpster fire. If you want to talk about a team putting their head in the sand, lets discuss Hernandez.

It amazes me how easily people show ignorance and lack of knowledge for a topic on forums.

The fact that FLA reacted as soon as the issue was brought up , is what we are talking about.

Hmmm, I seem to remember the series that ND ended with OSU , why ? Because the Buckeyes beat them, they also lost to them in the one bowl game match up they had, soundly.

Your right, the BT only has a few Top teams most years, the last few it's been Ohio State and Michigan State .... other conferences are the same way. the sec happens to usually have 3 top teams where others have 2 usually, but No conference has the whole conference like some would like to believe with the sec.

The SEC bowl record shows otherwise. Year in and Year out we have the best records among/vs the other power conferences. Its our middle that stands out in the crowd. Aside from the 2-3 top teams that you mention the middle, typically in the SEC can go toe to toe with the top teams of any conference.

Just pointing out that it should have been Michigan playing, seeing they were ranked #2 going in .... we've seen many times where a sec team plays another, loses and still doesn't drop.
Whats good for them should also be good form the rest of the country.

Anyways, I'm trying to not go into the past, but just trying to catch up on posts ... some have to work during the day.

If I recall FLA jumped after winning the SEC title game didnt they? It was not Fla or the SEC fault that they had an extra game to play, because the Big 10 at the time refused a conference title game. FLA had an extra chance to show why they deserved to be #2 by winning the SEC title game, while Michigan sat at home and watched.

Your kidding, right ?
this happens almost weekly.

Of course Michigan wasn't rated #2 at the end, they were removed after the loss to Ohio State, but using the sec rules, that shouldn't have happened.
If all teams had a loss, what makes Michigans loss at the end of the season any worse than someone elses 1 loss.

Everytime an SEC team loses they drop just like every other conference. Even the year LSU played Alabama for the title, the SEC team dropped and only got back up because of other conferences losing games.

Sources are saying Treon harris will not be charged and should be reinstated this week to even have a chance to play saturday. That the accuser is dropping the accusation, and the matter is being dropped.

Reactions: mccoyrj
If I recall FLA jumped after winning the SEC title game didnt they? It was not Fla or the SEC fault that they had an extra game to play, because the Big 10 at the time refused a conference title game. FLA had an extra chance to show why they deserved to be #2 by winning the SEC title game, while Michigan sat at home and watched.
I think at the time, the sec was the Only conferece playing one.

I think at the time, the sec was the Only conferece playing one.
That may be so, but that still does not change his point. Florida won that game, that extra big game, then jumped into the championship. It is not like everyone just said, "Hey, lets pick florida for no reason whatsoever"

Also, lets remember that USC was actually #2 at that point and lost, which coupled with the SEC champ win helped Florida as well.

Sources are saying Treon harris will not be charged and should be reinstated this week to even have a chance to play saturday. That the accuser is dropping the accusation, and the matter is being dropped.

Couldn't the school just have said he was receiving training for a NFL career? :rolleyes

Seriously, when other schools have assaulting police, automatic weapons, drug possession (and dealing), DUI, etc. charges dropped did they receive the same press? Its all a matter of what a coach and the alumni association can get away with in the "anything to win" age.

Meanwhile back at The Grove....

10570341_10152564341606336_5059765419383259699_n.jpg

Reactions: mccoyrj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)