NCAA Football 2014 season

http://www.ruleoftree.com/2014/12/10/7369207/rose-bowl-oregon-s-playoff-eligibility-at-risk

"Oregon's grad students are striking due to demands for paid medical and maternity leave each year. Oregon grad students also are responsible for much of the information necessary to hand out grades for the semester. If professors don't end up receiving any of that info, they may be forced to give students a grade of "X" (no grade), which would eventually be changed once the strike ends.

How does that potentially affect Oregon football? Well, "X" grades are counted as incompletes for NCAA eligibility. The NCAA requires that athletes have a passing GPA to play in a New Year's Day bowl game, and that GPA must be in place two weeks after the exams from last term's end. So a bunch of Ducks could end up with a lot of incomplete grades, which would cause eligibility concerns for January 1st."

Uh oh.....

Wow,I almost forgot that the Army-Navy Game is tomorrow. I set my timer to either watch or record the Army-Navy Cadets marching into the stadium at 12 noon(broadcast on CBS Sports Network). I got a chance to see the Army-Navy Game in 1983 at the Rose Bowl. I was upset because when we got to the stadium,the cadets were already in their seats. When I was stationed in Germany,during a blood drive(with me taking the blood) I met a second lieutenant who was a recent graduate of West Point. We talked about the Army-Navy Game at the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: osu1991 and mccoyrj
I've never really cared about the army/navy game. From a football standpoint, its a non factor.

That's why I watch football.

All the respect in the world for the armed services.

Then again, I think the rose bowl is over rated as well.

It rarely these days means much, and certainly not more than any other big bowl.

Nice parade I guess.

I've never really cared about the army/navy game. From a football standpoint, its a non factor.

It rarely these days means much, and certainly not more than any other big bowl.

Nice parade I guess.
It's just fun watching the cadets. The game has never been a competitive game for a while. If I recall,Napoleon McCallum ran all over Army that day at the Rose Bowl. I also remember as a 25-26 year old army sergeant that day thinking,"Man,those cadets look like a bunch of kids." Also,they flew the Army-Navy Game to the Rose Bowl Stadium that year,they weren't in the actual Rose Bowl,but I guess you already knew that.:)

Nice parade I guess.

I don't think ANY of the bowls are the reason we watch ...
If the Bama vs Bucks game was at the Rose bowl, you'd be interested.

If they played that game in NY we'd still watch.

I still have an interest in certain bowls. Most local big ones. The sugar, cotton, and peach mean far more to me than the rose.

I'm sure its the same for people in other areas.

But yes, its mainly who is playing.

I still have an interest in certain bowls. Most local big ones. The sugar, cotton, and peach mean far more to me than the rose.

I'm sure its the same for people in other areas.

But yes, its mainly who is playing.
Sure,, they are in your areas, except the Cotton.

Which bowl it is means very little to me, I watch the team, not the stadium ... sorry jerry.

From Hero

To Zero in a week. This came out late last night, but I'm glad Mike acted quickly and dismissed him from the team once the full facts were known to the University this afternoon. He was also dismissed from the track team. A promising career down the drain.

OSU Cowboys' Tyreek Hill Arrested, Dismissed from Team

http://www.ktul.com/story/27614030/osu-running-back-tyreek-hill-arrested

Stillwater police arrested Oklahoma State's Tyreek Hill on suspicion of domestic abuse.
Hill has since been dismissed from the team by Head Coach Mike Gundy.
The school released the following statement:
“Oklahoma State University does not tolerate domestic abuse or violence. Based on the evidence and the serious allegations that have been made, Head Football Coach Mike Gundy has announced that Tyreek Hill has been dismissed from the OSU football team. He also has been dismissed from the track team.

Reactions: Mike0616
I don't think ANY of the bowls are the reason we watch ...
If the Bama vs Bucks game was at the Rose bowl, you'd be interested.

If they played that game in NY we'd still watch.

Don't know about that one, as the Tide will kick tOSU's arse so badly that the tykes from Columbus will run home embarrassed like they were by the Gators in years past. :D Not gonna be much of a game, have to see if a better game (like the Harmonica Bowl in Nashville) is on opposite it.

Don't know about that one, as the Tide will kick tOSU's arse so badly that the tykes from Columbus will run home embarrassed like they were by the Gators in years past. :D Not gonna be much of a game, have to see if a better game (like the Harmonica Bowl in Nashville) is on opposite it.

You know Jimbo has this ready, "if we didn't have our 3rd team qb we would have won".
We will hear that more than "if they played that game in cold weather....":)

Reactions: Mike0616
Keep hoping ...

Buckeyes of that era are NOTHING like the Buckeyes of this era.

Teams change completely every 4 years.

You know Jimbo has this ready, "if we didn't have our 3rd team qb we would have won".
We will hear that more than "if they played that game in cold weather....":)

OK guys, if you want to jump on me for the next 3 weeks, have fun ...
I'll have NONE of it.

Btw, whats your excuse when you guys lose ?

I don't use excuses, just facts ... fwiw, the post you made about 3rd string QB is a FACT ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)