NCAA Football 2014 season

Maybe I can use that sec standard if the Bucks get beat .... we were "DisInterested" ... :D
Why not, that's what the Tide fans will say if y'all manage to win. Afterall, it's what they said last year when Oklahoma killed them, and years prior when Utah did the same.

Why not, that's what the Tide fans will say if y'all manage to win. Afterall, it's what they said last year when Oklahoma killed them, and years prior when Utah did the same.
Nah, the excuse would not be valid this year as we enter the game on a high note.

Those seasons, the games WERE meaningless even if the excuse is sad. Going from NC game to the Sugar. Meh....As a fan, I did not care if we even played.
As a player however, they should have. The coaches should have had them ready, but for whatever reason they did not.

Nah, the excuse would not be valid this year as we enter the game on a high note.

Those seasons, the games WERE meaningless even if the excuse is sad. Going from NC game to the Sugar. Meh....As a fan, I did not care if we even played.
As a player however, they should have. The coaches should have had them ready, but for whatever reason they did not.
Don't think that Saban did not do his best to get them ready in those years.

Don't think that Saban did not do his best to get them ready in those years.
Judging by what I saw it was a failure. The teams looked flat and uninterested.
Whatever the case, they lost. It is in the books.

This season however, well, we will just see.

I am not saying he did not. I am saying that they were not. There is a difference.
So the coaching staff failed IMO.
Your right .. and unfortunately, it happens.

There were times when the Bucks didn't look interested this year as well, like the 2-3 games after Michigan State, games they would have rolled in ... they won, but didn't win like the "Committee" expected. ( or the fans for that matter)

they won, but didn't win like the "Committee" expected. ( or the fans for that matter)
I loathe how the committee is requiring "Style Points". The BCS was good in it's last several years in getting rid of them.

Now a team will be penalized for taking it easy whey they get a lead and letting 2nd/3rd string play.

Reactions: salsadancer7
I loathe how the committee is requiring "Style Points". The BCS was good in it's last several years in getting rid of them.

Now a team will be penalized for taking it easy whey they get a lead and letting 2nd/3rd string play.
Yup, going back to when you roll up the score regardless .... I don't like it,, but thats what it's becoming, mainly because of all the rules that have changes to amp up the offense ... NFL too, same thing.

Long gone are the GREAT games that end 17-14 or less.
If you don't score over 40 points, its considered unimpressive.

Looks like Buckeyes are losing thier Offensive Coordinator Tom Herman, moving on to be Head guy at Houston.

I haven't heard if he's sticking around to call plays at the Sugar Bowl.

That was a great game, Army should have started using the pass plays in the first 58 minutes of the game. The defenses on both sides looked good and the offenses played what I remember football being, a team sport.
I thought it interesting that officials called a TD on a guestimate of where they "thought" the ball might be when the headgear was the only thing near the goal line. How do they know that a defender might not be pushing the ball back under the pile? It makes the idea of a booth review ridiculous. What it says is that the TD call never should have been made on the field. I didnt examine all of the angles on my tivo but what they showed during the game certainly did not look like a score to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)