NCAA Football 2014 season

That the other team was better. Someone has to stop making excuses.
It will never happen. Fans of every team will rationalize losses that they think they shouldnt have gotten.

Sometimes the excuse is valid. Often it is not.
In both cases it does not change the outcome of the game.

It will never happen. Fans of every team will rationalize losses that they think they shouldnt have gotten.

Sometimes the excuse is valid. Often it is not.
In both cases it does not change the outcome of the game.
Essentially an excuse just makes the loss a bit easier for the person to handle.

As you said, sometimes the excuse is VALID, it happens.

Out of the top ten, at least 5 fan bases will be unhappy.

Fwiw, the Big Ten is picked to lose every bowl game it's in according to Vegas ....
Wish I could put a bet on that, someone will win somewhere .

That said, the Big Ten has teams in that don't deserve to be in, in my opinion.

NCAA or whoever does the bowls needs to cut the bowl games in half, there way too many.

I can see the number of bowl games getting less and less over time due to the fact that a lot of teams lose money by going to a bowl game. Some schools will eventually stop going because they can't afford to lose anymore money. Heck UAB is giving up football altogether.

I can see the number of bowl games getting less and less over time due to the fact that a lot of teams lose money by going to a bowl game. Some schools will eventually stop going because they can't afford to lose anymore money. Heck UAB is giving up football altogether.
I would like to see the number of bowls back to where it was awhile back.
They didn't have a bowl for every name brand out there.

That the other team was better.
I think that is always the case unless some fluke play or call was made. ex. ND pick play call is called a rub route in the NFL or most other conferences. What you call an "excuse" is typically an explanation as to why one team performed better on that day. Its not an excuse unless you ask to overlook the loss.

But. Jimbo and his new OSU QB "explanation" is more than that. He asks that we and the committee overlook something or give forgiveness of a bad loss ( a horrendously bad loss at home to a terrible team) which is the definition of an excuse.

Bama has no excuses this year and as far as the last Sugar bowl has not asked for forgiveness for poor performance. I did however predict it and stated why before the last Sugar Bowl, not on here but on facebook prior to the event to a Sooner fan giving an explanation as to why I thought it would happen.

Last edited:
A loss at the beginning of the season is always better than a loss later in the season. That has been the SEC mantra for years. One I agree with as teams are just getting their footing early on. Good teams get better, and flukes (aka teams out of Mississippi) get exposed.

I think that is always the case unless some fluke play or call was made. ex. ND pick play call is called a rub route in the NFL or most other conferences. What you call an "excuse" is typically an explanation as to why one team performed better on that day. Its not an excuse unless you ask to overlook the loss.

But. Jimbo and his new OSU QB "explanation" is more than that. He asks that we and the committee overlook something or give forgiveness of a bad loss ( a horrendously bad loss at home to a terrible team) which is the definition of an excuse.

Bama has no excuses this year and as far as the last Sugar bowl has not asked for forgiveness for poor performance. I did however predict it and stated why before the last Sugar Bowl, not on here but on facebook prior to the event to a Sooner fan giving an explanation as to why I thought it would happen.

A loss at the beginning of the season is always better than a loss later in the season. That has been the SEC mantra for years. One I agree with as teams are just getting their footing early on. Good teams get better, and flukes (aka teams out of Mississippi) get exposed.

The explanation of having a new QB, having played one game since his High School day IS A FACT.
As he progressed and got better, yes, the committee should have considered it.

You CONTINUE to complain that Va Tech was a TERRIBLE team, they had Won more than 10 games for 8 or more years, you don't get terrible over night.

They have a very good defense, they managed to make it back to 500 by the end of the year .... with the way they played after the Buckeye game, I give them credit.
Thier saeaon looked alot like they went all out to beat the Buckeyes and once they did they fell flat.

Bama was VERY fortunate to win against a NON RANKED Arkansas team and NOTHING was said about it, they just moved on like it was just another sec win, remember, Bamas suppose to win all thier games impressively.

Didn't hear the committee talking about that one all year.

Waiting to hear your excuse if they Buckeyes beat them.

Apparently that only works if your an sec team.

Come on Jimbo, it worked for yall better than anyone. In case you forgot, your team is IN the damn playoff. lol
That only seems right, they only have 1 loss, same as all the others (FSU excluded), so they shouldn't be placed any lower than any other 1 loss team.
As for Baylor's complaint, thier OOC schedule was terrible.
Don't give me TCU, they lost to Baylor and expect to be ranked higher than them.
Fwiw, TCU is probably the better team at this time of the year.
That would be like Ohio State losing to Michigan State and expect to be ranked ahead of them.

Btw, your team is in also.
I think the final 4 is accurate.

I know some think that the sec should have 2 or three in there, but that didn't happen.

The explanation of having a new QB, having played one game since his High School day IS A FACT.
As he progressed and got better, yes, the committee should have considered it.
They did, as OSU moved up EVERY week that they did the committee vote.

You CONTINUE to complain that Va Tech was a TERRIBLE team, they had Won more than 10 games for 8 or more years, you don't get terrible over night.
Apparently you can. They did.

Bama was VERY fortunate to win against a NON RANKED Arkansas team and NOTHING was said about it, they just moved on like it was just another sec win, remember, Bamas suppose to win all thier games impressively.

Didn't hear the committee talking about that one all year.
Bama won a close game coming of a very emotional loss to a non ranked, but very good Arkansas team that was as good as anyone the second half of the season.

That only seems right, they only have 1 loss, same as all the others (FSU excluded), so they shouldn't be placed any lower than any other 1 loss team.
And in the end they werent. So why do you continue to say it only works if your an SEC team? Obviously as far as you and your team is concerned that is false. If you are going to throw that out as a complaint or sign of SEC bias, better lump OSU in with the SEC. Yall got the benefit of the doubt more than any one loss team in the discussion IMO. The big win to end obviously helped.

They did, as OSU moved up EVERY week that they did the committee vote.

Apparently you can. They did.

Bama won a close game coming of a very emotional loss to a non ranked, but very good Arkansas team that was as good as anyone the second half of the season.
I was answering V's complaints, seeing he always also complains when I post something, I felt I should at least back up my side of the story.

And in the end they werent. So why do you continue to say it only works if your an SEC team? Obviously as far as you and your team is concerned that is false. If you are going to throw that out as a complaint or sign of SEC bias, better lump OSU in with the SEC. Yall got the benefit of the doubt more than any one loss team in the discussion IMO. The big win to end obviously helped.
That was the first time I have mentioned
This is the first time that an early loss has helped OSU.
Normally any loss is almost devastating for the season.

Btw, you can lump Ohio State in with the sec if you want, I think you'll see that they are very much like a Top sec team, Urban's prioritys has been to improve the speed of the team since the beginning.

No one that is a Buckeye fan expected ANYTHING from the Bucks after Miller went down in the preseason, I think you'll see that I said I would not be surprised to see 2 or 3 losses this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)