NCAA Football 2014 season

Should be 4 SEC teams in the playoffs every year Jimbo ;)
If that were the case, it wouldn't be the National Championship game, it would be the sec championship game.

If that were the case, other teams would not have the opportunity to beat the vaunted sec, that would be boring.

Just think, the sec can have their own MNC game and the rest of the country can have thiers, that would be great ....
The sec lives in their own little world as it is, then you can tout how great your conference is when there are teams outside of you conference that are as good and can potentially beat you but you wouldn't have to play them.

Oregon has a great case, as does Ohio State and Florida State to be tops this year.

Yes, I would find it boring being trapped inside the sec thinking, not being able to see what's out in the rest of the country.

Btw, who are the Current National Champs, that's right, it's NOT an sec team.
Thank you FSU, now we will see if the rest of the country can follow and knock the sec off the pedestal.

Last edited:
Meh, I watch plenty of football outside of the SEC, and have seen many SEC OOC matchups. It is generally more of the same.

Lets have a 4 team sec national championship playoff, then a four team playoff with the other conferences for 5th place.

;)

Reactions: mccoyrj
Meh, I watch plenty of football outside of the SEC, and have seen many SEC OOC matchups. It is generally more of the same.

Lets have a 4 team sec national championship playoff, then a four team playoff with the other conferences for 5th place.

;)
Typically the sec doesn't have 4 teams that would qualify ... this year would be the possible exception, till Ole Miss went down in flames when the games counted.
Ole Miss usually isn't there, neither is Miss State.
Auburn had a down year as did LSU, so just how good was the sec this year ?

Typically the sec doesn't have 4 teams that would qualify ... this year would be the possible exception, till Ole Miss went down in flames when the games counted.

You sure about that? Look at last years final ap poll. 3 of the top 5 were SEC with Bama right behind at 7
In 2012 2 of the top 5 were sec and 3 more were in the top 10 in the final rankings.
In 2011 the top two were both SEC with Arkansas also in the top five (same division I might add), and USC was also top 10
2010 saw a down year with only 3 of the top 10 being SEC teams.

That gives you 3 or 4 for the past few years that would have been right in the running with this setup. :D

Ole Miss usually isn't there, neither is Miss State.
Auburn had a down year as did LSU, so just how good was the sec this year ?

The SEC overall was good. The SEC East was subpar outside of two teams, with the SEC west being the best division in college football.
Auburn and LSU were both strong football teams matched up against stronger divisional rivals.
Bama was elite, as was a healthy Ole Miss and even State. (Note I am only going of comparisons to other teams THIS season, not in comparison to other elite teams in past seasons).

You sure about that? Look at last years final ap poll. 3 of the top 5 were SEC with Bama right behind at 7
In 2012 2 of the top 5 were sec and 3 more were in the top 10 in the final rankings.
In 2011 the top two were both SEC with Arkansas also in the top five (same division I might add), and USC was also top 10
2010 saw a down year with only 3 of the top 10 being SEC teams.

That gives you 3 or 4 for the past few years that would have been right in the running with this setup. :D

The SEC overall was good. The SEC East was subpar outside of two teams, with the SEC west being the best division in college football.
Auburn and LSU were both strong football teams matched up against stronger divisional rivals.
Bama was elite, as was a healthy Ole Miss and even State. (Note I am only going of comparisons to other teams THIS season, not in comparison to other elite teams in past seasons).
I would say they typically have 2 TOP teams and another usually up there .... someone has to fill out the top 10.

The University of Michigan has offered Jim Harbaugh a 6yr 48M contract.

Will Jim "I do it MY way" Harbaugh take the job and try to restore the Michigan way ?

It would be a good thing if Jim did come to Michigan and right the ship.

That is a ridiculous amount of money. He would make more than any coach in any sport if I am correct.

I've also seen the Raiders mentioned as potential locations for Jim.
I would think that the NFL would be where he would want to be if possible.

Then again, this is the Perfect timing for Michigan.

$48 million over 6 years =$8,000,000/year.

Where are you coming up with the extra million? Did they offer $49? I have not seen that stated anywhere.

$48 million over 6 years =$8,000,000/year.

Where are you coming up with the extra million? Did they offer $49? I have not seen that stated anywhere.
Yes 49.

Edit...I searched and I have seen both now. ESPN initially reported 49 so I have no idea which one is correct.

Well I just sent in a complaint about ESPN's broadcast of at least the Nevada bowl game showing now. They have team graphic showing teams, time left, and other information on the bottom right which is getting in the way of some action vs how it was on the bottom which to me is much better. I sure hope this is just for this game and they bring the other back.

Stat bug is too big.
Before long the whole tv screen will be gone:(

It would look ok if they would change the bug side depending which end of the field the offense would be going to......not the case. Always on the right side.

Well I just sent in a complaint about ESPN's broadcast of at least the Nevada bowl game showing now. They have team graphic showing teams, time left, and other information on the bottom right which is getting in the way of some action vs how it was on the bottom which to me is much better. I sure hope this is just for this game and they bring the other back.
Where do you find a complaint line for espn ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)