NCAA Football 2015 pre-season

You got a good QB, thats a good start.

Btw, hope you weren't talking about me when you said you were still arguing with OSU fans over last years game.

No but many many others around here... Just tired of the excuses. As a VT fan we all know we ended up 7-6 because of injuries but its not something ya just go on and use as a reason for the blah season. I would rather have both teams 100% healthy and ready to go and let it decide out on the field no excuses later on as to why the outcome was what it was or could have been.

I would rather have both teams 100% healthy and ready to go and let it decide out on the field no excuses later on as to why the outcome was what it was or could have been.
I agree 100%.

Fwiw, the younger guys (they have a bunch of them as they are very young over all) will have to step up when it comes game time.
We lost 4 starters, although 2 of them alternate playing the same posistion .... Bosa is the only one on the D side, not easy to replace, but at least he's only 1 spot on the D*, as for the Offense, while the Wilson, Marshall and Brown all play regularly, Braxton will take the H back spot along with Curtis Samual.
Brown was the starting WR, which we need to reload, all the vets are gone, so it's time for the youngsters to get time to make plays and start thier careers ...

Yes, they are down 4 players, but I think they are very capable to replace these guys for this game .... If one of the youngsters step up and play great, it could create more competition for the Staring spot in the next game and down the road.

ESPN Pre-Game Live will be in Blacksburg for Laborday and that night for the game.... can't wait!

This telecast is done right beside I mean as in really just feet from where I tailgate with alot of corporate big wigs... gonna be a blast!!

Reactions: Jimbo
Well its Aug - and teams are starting to practice so its time to do a new thread for this season.

Ohh and I got a new t-shirt jimbo... I can get you one if ya like :D
beat-ohio-state-again-shirt-3.jpg

Well its Aug - and teams are starting to practice so its time to do a new thread for this season.

Ohh and I got a new t-shirt jimbo... I can get you one if ya like :D
beat-ohio-state-again-shirt-3.jpg
Sure, I'll take one ... it gives me something to burn in the front yard when the Buckeyes win !

Ya know, when the Bucks win, I bet they don't make a shirt up for that victory ... This must have been an astonishing victory for you guys to make T Shirts.
Remember that day ... never forget it.

Also remember, you had a very good team when you played the Bucks last year, too bad you couldn't get up for all the games like that, you would have had a very good season.

You really got a bad rap thru the season as people looked at your record and didn't take into account the injuries involved that killed your season, the Bucks suffered GREATLY because of that ... it took them all year to get the public to realize it.

Ya know, when the Bucks win, I bet they don't make a shirt up for that victory ... This must have been an astonishing victory for you guys to make T Shirts.

Also remember, you had a very good team when you played the Bucks last year, too bad you couldn't get up for all the games like that, you would have had a very good season.

Well, winning against the eventual national champs is a HUGE win for anyone. Its even bigger when your team is subpar like Va Tech has been lately.

I just hope the Buck fans enjoyed it last season, as reality is about to set back in and the SEC is about to reassert itself as the premier conference with THE premier team in Alabama.

ROLL TIDE and.....SEC! SEC! SEC! :D

God football season cant get here soon enough!

Well, winning against the eventual national champs is a HUGE win for anyone. Its even bigger when your team is subpar like Va Tech has been lately.
Considering it was the only good thing to happen for them that season. Things really went downhill after that game, so it's the only thing worthwhile to remember.

I wouldn't hype it up though, many teams like to avenge a tripup with a beat down, and Urban Meyer is no exception as UGA(s) found out the year after the celebration penalty game.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/02/sports/ncaafootball/02florida.html

Last edited:

I just hope the Buck fans enjoyed it last season, as reality is about to set back in and the SEC is about to reassert itself as the premier conference with THE premier team in Alabama.

ROLL TIDE and.....SEC! SEC! SEC! :D

God football season cant get here soon enough!
OSU beat Bama last year with a very young team, no reason they can't do it again with more experience ....
Not saying it will happen but there's no reason to think they won't be right there again this year if they keep their focus.

Fwiw, I found Saban excuse recently to be laughable.
He's better than that .... come on Nick, get on your game.

Sure, I'll take one ... it gives me something to burn in the front yard when the Buckeyes win !

You really got a bad rap thru the season as people looked at your record and didn't take into account the injuries involved that killed your season, the Bucks suffered GREATLY because of that ... it took them all year to get the public to realize it.

Hell they make T-shirts for even our spring game and beating up on themselves...its a money thing. I try to buy t-shirts or items that don't tie to one event so you can use them later and not really mean nothing more of it. Yeah even with all the injuries VT had which hurt all thru the season it was hard for anyone to see that with something like that you just can't win games so what games they won after that meant a lot. The game after that OSU game playing East Carolina at home going down 27 points to come back and tie it up to have their QB whom was awesome to watch as a runner just run all over ya and win in the last minute of the game....then do the same thing almost with Georgia Tech - lost that one with a last second FG. Getting beat by Miami was just an ass whoopin...the Wake Forest game was the WTF game of the year.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts