NCAA Football 2015 pre-season

Well I mean as playing the position... Bud Foster knows how to make a mess of any QB no matter who they are. J.T got a first hand look at what the Hokie Defense is capable of doing. Jones hasn't lived it yet nor has Braxton but I don't see Braxton being the starter, IMO he should have transfered to some place like FSU so he could start but ohh well.

The defense has those returning and with experience in the front and secondary to be once again a thorn in OSU's side.. if the offense can click as it did last year it will be a very good game.
Ohio State has an O line this year h=that has a years worth of experience, they had a game last year, Buckeyes Defense will be interestring to see this yera, they got much better as the season went along last year, hopefully it doesn't take as long this year.

I don't see the Hokies getting easy 3 and 19 completions this time around, they play an entirely different kind of D now.

Do you have the same QB back this year ?

Ohio State has an O line this year h=that has a years worth of experience, they had a game last year, Buckeyes Defense will be interestring to see this yera, they got much better as the season went along last year, hopefully it doesn't take as long this year.

I don't see the Hokies getting easy 3 and 19 completions this time around, they play an entirely different kind of D now.

Do you have the same QB back this year ?

Yeah he's back finally with a full spring and summer to prepare vs last year he came in during the summer and didn't have much time to prepare. The backups look even better from what I saw so far but he will likely start. The defense for VT this year will be a lot better than last year considering the talent they have returning and all being healthy vs last year when some where not even in that game. Riley who took a pick 6 last year against OSU to seal the deal is 3x better now so he will be a real threat including any of those in the secondary. They won't give up the big plays as they did last year and I don't see Brewer making as many interceptions as he did last year either. The defense will keep them in the game, the offense will win it just as they did last year so long as they play like they did in that game. Being at home will make up a little difference I'm sure this go around to at least keep it close.. a nail biter I'm sure.

Yeah he's back finally with a full spring and summer to prepare vs last year he came in during the summer and didn't have much time to prepare. The backups look even better from what I saw so far but he will likely start. The defense for VT this year will be a lot better than last year considering the talent they have returning and all being healthy vs last year when some where not even in that game. Riley who took a pick 6 last year against OSU to seal the deal is 3x better now so he will be a real threat including any of those in the secondary. They won't give up the big plays as they did last year and I don't see Brewer making as many interceptions as he did last year either. The defense will keep them in the game, the offense will win it just as they did last year so long as they play like they did in that game. Being at home will make up a little difference I'm sure this go around to at least keep it close.. a nail biter I'm sure.
Of course this again is your BIGGEST game to get up fro, just like last year, so I expect your best ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sec-generates-ncaa-record-455m-revenue-2014-15-183540217--ncaaf.html

Thanks to the successful debut of the SEC Network as well as the lucrative College Football Playoff, the conference generated an NCAA-record $455.8 million in revenue in 2014-15. The league's revenue was $309.6 million last year.

That means the SEC will distribute $31.2 million to each of its 14 schools, a figure that does not include $19 million in bowl revenue.

And this is why the SEC Network was such a big deal.

Can we start the season already? We are entering the sports lull period for me and I am not a happy camper.

As speculated earlier in the year, looks like Braxton Miller may well be moving to WR.
He still wants to play QB but with his shoulder not fully healed, he will move.

Sadly, I think he's gonna find b that the shoulder will not continue to heal once he starts taking hits to it while playing WR.

They are actually talking the H back spot vs WR.
The same spot Marshal and Wilson are currently playing.

I live in VA and had lunch with one (a hokie) yesterday. Rumor is Beamers throat cancer is back.

I live in VA and had lunch with one (a hokie) yesterday. Rumor is Beamers throat cancer is back.

Unless VT wins 8+ games this year he will retire... if he does get that many wins he will retire after the Bristol game next year. The cancer rumor is just that, but in a few weeks I'll have a chance to talk to him and see him upclose...won't be really able to 100% tell but from the looks at all the video from ACC Media days he looks really good and thin compared to what he was before Decembers surgery.

He's getting close to retirement and he knows it...but he will likely be the one to pull the plug on his coaching vs the school doing it. He will also still have a job at the school in athletics administration for a few more years beyond that for recruiting purposes.

I too am looking forward to this season, VT looks to be 10x better than they were last year based on all the freshman players and returning starters coming back. They weren't very good last year but clicked and beat OSU...this year its at home and they are looking much better. If they "click" just a little with the way this team is built OSU is going down Labor day night. If they do lose I just would like it to be close down to the wire and put on a great game to spark the rest of the season.

Unless VT wins 8+ games this year he will retire... if he does get that many wins he will retire after the Bristol game next year. The cancer rumor is just that, but in a few weeks I'll have a chance to talk to him and see him upclose...won't be really able to 100% tell but from the looks at all the video from ACC Media days he looks really good and thin compared to what he was before Decembers surgery.

He's getting close to retirement and he knows it...but he will likely be the one to pull the plug on his coaching vs the school doing it. He will also still have a job at the school in athletics administration for a few more years beyond that for recruiting purposes.

I too am looking forward to this season, VT looks to be 10x better than they were last year based on all the freshman players and returning starters coming back. They weren't very good last year but clicked and beat OSU...this year its at home and they are looking much better. If they "click" just a little with the way this team is built OSU is going down Labor day night. If they do lose I just would like it to be close down to the wire and put on a great game to spark the rest of the season.
Don't kid yourself, VT had a Great D in the beginning of the season.

I too am looking forward to this season, VT looks to be 10x better than they were last year based on all the freshman players and returning starters coming back. They weren't very good last year but clicked and beat OSU...this year its at home and they are looking much better.

Everyone's team looks to be better this time of year. Then reality sets in for most after the first few games

aww hell....
http://espn.go.com/college-football...bosa-jalin-marshall-dontre-wilson-corey-smith

Hate to see that cause well I'm still arguing with OSU fans from last year and the excuses of why they lost that game. I would rather have the team full 100% and ready to go. The point spread (which doesn't mean sh*t cause it was higher last year) dropped big time, and it was kinda odd how they released this info after the coaches poll came out and put them #1.

aww hell....
http://espn.go.com/college-football...bosa-jalin-marshall-dontre-wilson-corey-smith

Hate to see that cause well I'm still arguing with OSU fans from last year and the excuses of why they lost that game. I would rather have the team full 100% and ready to go. The point spread (which doesn't mean sh*t cause it was higher last year) dropped big time, and it was kinda odd how they released this info after the coaches poll came out and put them #1.
This came out today ... they were listed as the #1 the day after the National Championship game.

They always have a great D... the offense lately has been the problem but looks to be an even better defense this year along with finally a good experienced offense.
You got a good QB, thats a good start.

Btw, hope you weren't talking about me when you said you were still arguing with OSU fans over last years game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)