NCAA Football 2015 pre-season

There was recently an article in the Columbus Dispatch about not needing all 5 star players if you can coach up your 3 and 4 star players ... much like Urban did this year.

I have found that some of the recruits the Bucks were after were also checking out a lot of other schools because they could see a lack of playing time till thier position opened up ....

I'm sure Bama has that problem as well. Particularly those that think they should play right away.

Great recruiting classes mean nothing if you can't coach them. Look how many times UGA has a top recruiting class, and fails to do anything with them.

Steve Spurrier (aka, the Evil Genius) on Georgia recruiting: "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

Great recruiting classes mean nothing if you can't coach them...
Tell me about it.

18j54b9f83jyljpg.jpg

:D

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-rankings-ratings-2015-college-football-teams

2015 college football recruiting rankings are just about in the books -- pending a couple pieces of blue chip drama -- which means it's time to update the four-year recruiting rankings.

While, yes, everyone agrees that recruiting rankings are not perfect pieces of data, you could do far worse than using rankings as a snapshot of each program's talent level, more or less. Especially at the National Championship level.

Alabama, which finished with its fifth-straight No. 1 class, is of course No. 1 on this list as well.

Georgia Tech has a pretty good team coming into 2015 - top contender I'm sure at this point for the Coastal with I believe Clemson for the Atlantic for the ACC.
For my Hokies, the year will be decided Labor Day night when OSU comes to Blacksburg. I'm sure OSU is looking for payback but VT is also looking to make a clear statement in this game as they did last year. The rest of the season for VT looks pretty average with the caliber of teams they play and where such as traveling to Atlanta to face the Yellow Jackets.

Georgia Tech has a pretty good team coming into 2015 - top contender I'm sure at this point for the Coastal with I believe Clemson for the Atlantic for the ACC.
For my Hokies, the year will be decided Labor Day night when OSU comes to Blacksburg. I'm sure OSU is looking for payback but VT is also looking to make a clear statement in this game as they did last year. The rest of the season for VT looks pretty average with the caliber of teams they play and where such as traveling to Atlanta to face the Yellow Jackets.
See you on Sept 7th ! :clapping:D

A year with real expectations. I guess I can look forward to another disappointing year... :(

:biggrin

At one time in the past Freshman couldn't play basketball but has it ever been that way in football?

At one time in the past Freshman couldn't play basketball but has it ever been that way in football?
It used to be that way in football. Changed at the same time as basketball was.

For football, the NCAA probably could get away with changing it back.
With basketball, it wouldn't be easy, with the NBA's one year out of high school (one and done) rule.

The NFL has a 3 and done, so the NCAA shouldn't have a problem there. And with the football season starting in the fall when they would just be starting school, the manditory red-shirting would be helpful to them. Basketball at least waits til the first quarter/semester is almost over.

Nice to talk about but I can't see college coaches going along with freshman not playing.

I think it was awhile back but was eventually changed.

Fwiw, the Buckeyes played about 6 Freshmen STARTERS on the National Championship team ... maybe more ... and NO this will not go anywhere.

Btw, there were many more that got quality playing time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)